Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: w7 mess up my xp folder order

22 Sep 2010   #1
drugo

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 
w7 mess up my xp folder order

Hi
i have 2 hard disks
i have w7 on one hard disk
in the second i have xp

well when i boot w7 it messes up my xp folders order
weird

i mean for example a folder , i set with xp to be ordered by name , and view thumb

i boot w7 , after when i boot xp this folder is not more orderrd by name and the view is different

i have alway to reset the xp folders and re-order them

is theree a way to avoid this?
thanks




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Sep 2010   #2
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

If you follow this tutorial HERE and set the folders up the same order as in XP you may have them the same .
you could set the folder view to the same as xp by setting the folder view.
In windows 7 open a window click Organise and select "Folder and search options"/ select the view tab check or uncheck the views to match your xp folders apply and hopefully they will stay the same when you view in xp or win 7 . i dont have xp so i cant check .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2010   #3
drugo

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
you could set the folder view to the same as xp by setting the folder view.
In windows 7 open a window click Organise and select "Folder and search options"/ select the view tab check or uncheck the views to match your xp folders apply and hopefully they will stay the same when you view in xp or win 7 . i dont have xp so i cant check .
sorry how can i do it?
in xp every folder has a different order and settings
i did not find a option to sync
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Sep 2010   #4
drugo

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
If you follow this tutorial HERE and set the folders up the same order as in XP you may have them the same .
you could set the folder view to the same as xp by setting the folder view.
In windows 7 open a window click Organise and select "Folder and search options"/ select the view tab check or uncheck the views to match your xp folders apply and hopefully they will stay the same when you view in xp or win 7 . i dont have xp so i cant check .

thanks
i do it
but may i ask a question ?
is there a option in w7 do "disable store folder visualize" don't know in english sorry
but in xp there is a option to store the settings for every folder

where is in w7?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Sep 2010   #5
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

Ok what to do is set the folder to look how you want I.e thumbnails or not, folder size etc then select organize /folder and search options /view tab then click the button


Attached Images
w7 mess up my xp folder order-2010-09-27_1140.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Sep 2010   #6
drugo

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
Ok what to do is set the folder to look how you want I.e thumbnails or not, folder size etc then select organize /folder and search options /view tab then click the button

thanks nice skin !!!


did not know i can change w7 skin !
i guess it's a new visual style
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2010   #7
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

Oh yes! be sure to check out the customization threads and the post your desktop threads you will see a whole range of different themes,it can be a complicated process so tread carefully , message me if you have any questions.
heres an example i have changed it slightly but still have a dark theme


Attached Thumbnails
w7 mess up my xp folder order-2010-03-13_1555.png   w7 mess up my xp folder order-2010-03-17_1712.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 w7 mess up my xp folder order




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Any way to arrange files in a folder in any order?
I wanna arrange a bunch of folders in my own order but how do I arrange them in any order? It seems that Windows wants me to arrange them by date, size, etc.
General Discussion
WLM will only export the first email message in a folder with 100 mess
I want to export my email messages in WLM in WLM format so I have a backup. The problem is that WLM will only export the first message in a folder even if the folder has 100+ email messages in it. I have another PC with WLM and that exports fine, but this one will not. Any ideas!
Browsers & Mail
How do I fix this mess -- libraries folder, user folder, administra...
...tor folder, and public folder? I only need one! I want the Administrator folder as my main folder. The libraries folder has nothing from my Administrator folder, the Public folder is redundant and useless, and my user folder is empty. I want my Administrator folder to be my...
General Discussion
Manually sort the order of photos in a folder?
Hi, I want to manually sort the order of photos in a folder, then rename them all in one go. After searching the internet, it seems possible where I am supposed to simply drag the thumbnail of each photo to the desired place in the folder but I cannot do this, the thumbnail just stays put. ...
Music, Pictures & Video
Outlook 2010- Downloading Folder Order
I am swapping to Outlook finally... long story. Anyway, Office 2010 Beta. The new Outlook is very cool. Sometimes, after it's been open a while, in the right hand side of the bottom taskbar will be a green progress bar with the words "Downloading Folder order". The progress bar is already full...
Microsoft Office
Changinig pictures order in folder?
Hi! I have a (bad)habit to organize my pictures without using any programs. I drag&drop pictures to the order I wanted them to be and then renamed them to keep the order. Sadly in Windows 7 I'm not able to change pictures or any kind of files position in folder. Is there a way to enable it?...
Music, Pictures & Video


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App