Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: cant access my documents after a browsing sesion

02 Oct 2010   #1
CHIQUM

WINDOWS 7 ENTERPRIZE X 32,
 
 
cant access my documents after a browsing sesion

dear gentle men


after a late browsing session i tried excess my download folder in 'my documents'
there were short cuts created for each folder which was previously not there.these short cuts were not eccesible "excess denied" my nortan antivirus program detected a trojan horse (vircure 32 exe.). there are unknown new files (ntuser.dat) created too. when i tried to delet tthe massage " if deleted windows or a program may not work" apeared. i have not done anything yet.
can any one please tell me whats wrong or what happened.

and can i delet those strage new files
best regaurds
thank you


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Oct 2010   #2
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Hi CHIQUM, read this VIRCURE32.EXE-Infected Virus Encyclopedia then download Malwarebytes Malwarebytes
this is a free vral removal tool
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2010   #3
CHIQUM

WINDOWS 7 ENTERPRIZE X 32,
 
 
unknown short cuts and files

thanks

i have already removed the virus

but are these strange short cuts and new files a serious issue?

and ah any explanations
thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Oct 2010   #4
CHIQUM

WINDOWS 7 ENTERPRIZE X 32,
 
 
documents

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CHIQUM View Post
dear gentle men


after a late browsing session i tried excess my download folder in 'my documents'
there were short cuts created for each folder which was previously not there.these short cuts were not eccesible "excess denied" my nortan antivirus program detected a trojan horse (vircure 32 exe.). there are unknown new files (ntuser.dat) created too. when i tried to delet tthe massage " if deleted windows or a program may not work" apeared. i have not done anything yet.
can any one please tell me whats wrong or what happened.

and can i delet those strage new files
best regaurds
thank you
'already removed"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2010   #5
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

CHIQUM, ntuser.dat is a system data file ,is completely harmless in the context you describe so can safely be left alone
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2010   #6
CHIQUM

WINDOWS 7 ENTERPRIZE X 32,
 
 
documents

but since it is messing up mu files.
can i just delet it?
any harm?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2010   #7
CHIQUM

WINDOWS 7 ENTERPRIZE X 32,
 
 
documents

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
CHIQUM, ntuser.dat is a system data file ,is completely harmless in the context you describe so can safely be left alone
cani just delet them?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2010   #8
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CHIQUM View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
CHIQUM, ntuser.dat is a system data file ,is completely harmless in the context you describe so can safely be left alone
cani just delet them?
CHIQUM, It is best left well alone What is NTUSER.DAT Can it be deleted from my computer with out problems? thank you? - Yahoo! Answers have a read of this
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2010   #9
CHIQUM

WINDOWS 7 ENTERPRIZE X 32,
 
 
documents

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CHIQUM View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
CHIQUM, ntuser.dat is a system data file ,is completely harmless in the context you describe so can safely be left alone
cani just delet them?
CHIQUM, It is best left well alone What is NTUSER.DAT Can it be deleted from my computer with out problems? thank you? - Yahoo! Answers have a read of this
thanks for the tip
you made mr so happy
enjoy.
bestregaurds
thank you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2010   #10
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CHIQUM View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CHIQUM View Post

cani just delet them?
CHIQUM, It is best left well alone What is NTUSER.DAT Can it be deleted from my computer with out problems? thank you? - Yahoo! Answers have a read of this
thanks for the tip
you made mr so happy
enjoy.
bestregaurds
thank you
You are very welcome , Enjoy your stay on the forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 cant access my documents after a browsing sesion




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Can't access Documents and Settings
Can't access Documents and Settings. how access to it?
General Discussion
access denied to documents
I usually save passwords on Wordpad but it's developed that when I try to save a new entry I get this message 'access denied'. If I make a new file in wordpad then I can save the new entry. Ideas? Win Vista and IE 9
General Discussion
Huh - I can't access my own documents???
If I launch Windows Explorer (Windows 7 BTW) the left-hand pane shows an entry called "Libraries". Underneath it are 4 further entries called Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos. To pick an example, 'Pictures' corresponds to C:\Users\johne53\Pictures". 'Pictures' contains sub-entries called...
General Discussion
Can't access XP documents from Windows 7
When I go to x:\documents and settings\user\my documents, where My Documents are from XP, I get shown my documents from Windows 7 instead, despite Windows 7 documents being stored in c:\users\user\my documents. I performed a search within Windows 7 for some filenames of documents that I use in...
General Discussion
Can't access my documents
I have searched for an answer to this question and noone seems to have this exact problem. I have copied from XP my "my documents" folder, it is all there and in a previous install of windows 7 i was able to access all the files contained in it. Since then I have deleted both copies on XP and...
General Discussion
Can't access XP Documents
I am trying to access the files I have in "D:\Documents and Settings\Schuyler"(XP) from Windows 7. However, I get: "You don't currently have permission to access this folder, Click continue to permanantly get access to this folder." *click* "You have been denied permission to access...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App