Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Building the OS from scratch

16 Oct 2010   #1
lostsoul62

Windows 7 x64 RC1, Vista Ultimate, XP Pro
 
 
Building the OS from scratch

Building the OS from scratch seem to me to be the best way to go when building a new computer. As time goes on after a year two or three the OS seem to get sick such as my auto run don't work no more and after Microsoft work on it for 3 hours it really don't run no more. Bugs, jitters, shakes and just old age. So after I build the computer I think I'm just going to build the OS from scratch. I've did it both ways, from scratch and just move it to the new computer and after I just reload the OS and rebuild it I feel so much better not to mention the computer runs like a high school student instead of someone like me that just took sum Vitamins.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Oct 2010   #2
Grimmjow

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

What?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2010   #3
Darician

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

It must be related to that there internets that's talked about sometimes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Oct 2010   #4
Orbital Shark

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lostsoul62 View Post
Building the OS from scratch seem to me to be the best way to go when building a new computer. As time goes on after a year two or three the OS seem to get sick such as my auto run don't work no more and after Microsoft work on it for 3 hours it really don't run no more. Bugs, jitters, shakes and just old age. So after I build the computer I think I'm just going to build the OS from scratch. I've did it both ways, from scratch and just move it to the new computer and after I just reload the OS and rebuild it I feel so much better not to mention the computer runs like a high school student instead of someone like me that just took sum Vitamins.
I think you'll find that as time goes by you'll be faced with this issues (amoung others). What tends to happen is that as you install then un-install apps there are still remnents of the app still in the registry & folders (normally 'Program Files'). These entries/files could eventually cause performance lag and slight instability (don't quote me on that ) As a rule I normally re-install every 3-6 months to keep my OS in the most pristine condition
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2010   #5
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Hello lostsoul62.



That's why it's recommended to reinstall the OS about once a year, to get a fresh start.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2010   #6
Darician

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Yep, as I'm sure most of us know through either reading and/or experience, XP was particularly prone to slow down over time. Vista and 7 not so much but still, they slow down and it's good to reinstall every so often. I'm thinking of reinstalling soon as a matter of fact but not sure whether to stick to 7 or go with Vista, but that's for another thread.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2010   #7
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darician View Post
Yep, as I'm sure most of us know through either reading and/or experience, XP was particularly prone to slow down over time. Vista and 7 not so much but still, they slow down and it's good to reinstall every so often. I'm thinking of reinstalling soon as a matter of fact but not sure whether to stick to 7 or go with Vista, but that's for another thread.


I vote for Vista!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2010   #8
mikedl

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darician View Post
Yep, as I'm sure most of us know through either reading and/or experience, XP was particularly prone to slow down over time. Vista and 7 not so much but still, they slow down and it's good to reinstall every so often. I'm thinking of reinstalling soon as a matter of fact but not sure whether to stick to 7 or go with Vista, but that's for another thread.
I vote for Vista!
LOL! I vote for a write-in: XP...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2010   #9
Pusspa

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darician View Post
Yep, as I'm sure most of us know through either reading and/or experience, XP was particularly prone to slow down over time. Vista and 7 not so much but still, they slow down and it's good to reinstall every so often. I'm thinking of reinstalling soon as a matter of fact but not sure whether to stick to 7 or go with Vista, but that's for another thread.


I vote for Vista!
this is you being funny right?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2010   #10
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

This thread would be a lot easier to take seriously if the OP could use proper grammar and punctuation.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Building the OS from scratch




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Help me set up 7 from scratch
Could you please,help me set up a new 7 installation?I recently upgraded my CPU,got a new SSD,its all in system specs.Successfully cloned my C drive,but something doesnt feel right.Reboot time is 50 seconds,most of it BIOS searching or identifying two of my IDE drives,checking NVRam and stuff.I...
Installation & Setup
Installing OS to SSD from Scratch
There have been a lot of threads about migrating an OS to a SSD, but I have not seen anything about doing a clean install to an SSD. Other than changing to AHCI, is anything else required? Do I have to do anything that Paragon Migrate did or is that unnecessary since it it a clean install. ...
Hardware & Devices
Questions about building desktop computer from scratch!
Hey Everyone! I want to build a computer from scratch and I have some questions: Question 1: Does the shape of the case matter to fit the hardware like Main board, motherboard, or all cases produce to fit the hardware? Question 2: What are the hardware I should buy? I know RAM, Main Board,...
Hardware & Devices
Scratch on Win 7 DVD
I had posted a question about this a while back, but have something else. I dropped my DVD and there is a noticeable scratch. I copied the DVD on to another disk and did not get an error message. I still am not conviced the scratch is not a problem. I would really like to know, Is there any...
General Discussion
Re-installing 7 from scratch
I built a comp recently and with it I bought an OEM system builders home premium 64bit pack. It came with a dvd. I would like to re-install it from scratch. My only worry is the serial #, I used it to originally install and if I re-install will the on-line registration be rejected as the # has...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App