Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: For Laptop Owner's Only

01 Nov 2010   #41
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hopalong X View Post
Dennis

Bummer.



Deacon

I got you now. I got lost in the semantics.
Nobody really won or lost...
Each time I talked to someone different I got a different answer.
Sounds like Home Land Security.....Nobody communicates with one another!
Will know at 1300hrs today when I actually talk to the horses mouth at Sam's!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Nov 2010   #42
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hopalong X View Post
I got you now. I got lost in the semantics.
As I read back through the thread, I realized I didn't exactly spell it out as clearly as I should have. Sorry!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #43
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Deacon and Hoppy,
Don't feel bad. I got so frustrated over the bad information I was given that's would have been easy to make a mistake.
Nick, PooManUK, told me from the very beginning not to buy it. But being a stubborn person, as I am, went ahead and checked it out.
If and when I do buy a laptop it will be brand new out of the box with a warranty.
Have a great day everyone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Nov 2010   #44
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Just got this from HP....
We appreciate your time today. We apologize that Sam's club gave you a different information about extending your warranty. If you need additional information about warranty please do not hesitate to call us back. We're open 24/7 and our hotline is 1-800-474-6836.

If this does not fully answer your questions or further technical support is needed, please reply to this e-mail or visit the Customer Care Web site at: Hewlett Packard Technical Support - select a country or region

Thank you for contacting HP,

EMMYLOU

Your Customer Care Representative
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #45
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!

I went to Sam's Club to return the laptop. The manager, who was supposed to have called me at 1300hrs, was in a meeting.
The Clerk at the return department, who was there yesterday, asked me why I was returning the laptop. I told him there was nothing wrong with the laptop the problem lies in the lack of warranty and an incompetent staffing in the Electronics Dept.
He called someone from the Electronics Dept. to come and make sure everything was in working order and all parts were in the box. Guess who came to check it??? The guy that told me that Sam's Club has NO warranties for Refurbished Electronics!!

He looked me right in the eye and asked if I would keep the product today if Sam's honored the 3 year warranty? I had to step back and gain my senses as I was about to reach over and choke him.

I asked him what changed his mind from yesterday's NO warranty policy to today with a warranty?

I politely told him I didn't want any part of him, the laptop, or Sam's Club Electronics Department. That I didn't care if the warranty was certified, written with his blood, or an offer for his first born child that he could take that laptop and stick it back on the shelf!!!

I then got all my money, in CASH, and left the clerk a note for the department head to call me.

Can you believe it that one day it's a NO deal to today the warranty is acceptable? WOW!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #46
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!

I went to Sam's Club to return the laptop. The manager, who was supposed to have called me at 1300hrs, was in a meeting.
The Clerk at the return department, who was there yesterday, asked me why I was returning the laptop. I told him there was nothing wrong with the laptop the problem lies in the lack of warranty and an incompetent staffing in the Electronics Dept.
He called someone from the Electronics Dept. to come and make sure everything was in working order and all parts were in the box. Guess who came to check it??? The guy that told me that Sam's Club has NO warranties for Refurbished Electronics!!

He looked me right in the eye and asked if I would keep the product today if Sam's honored the 3 year warranty? I had to step back and gain my senses as I was about to reach over and choke him.

I asked him what changed his mind from yesterday's NO warranty policy to today with a warranty?

I politely told him I didn't want any part of him, the laptop, or Sam's Club Electronics Department. That I didn't care if the warranty was certified, written with his blood, or an offer for his first born child that he could take that laptop and stick it back on the shelf!!!

I then got all my money, in CASH, and left the clerk a note for the department head to call me.

Can you believe it that one day it's a NO deal to today the warranty is acceptable? WOW!!
Sounds like you did the right thing, at least you got your money back and a lesson learned that only cost you some of your time instead of dollars.
What a frustrating ordeal though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #47
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

$475 is 296 in British pounds ,my partner Lois has recently purchased a lappy ,a lenovo with much less spec and it cost 340 /$545 with no extended warranty.
i cant help thinking you turned down a very good deal , i would have asked them to throw in some extras as a sweetner for your runaround .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #48
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
$475 is 296 in British pounds ,my partner Lois has recently purchased a lappy ,a lenovo with much less spec and it cost 340 /$545 with no extended warranty.
i cant help thinking you turned down a very good deal , i would have asked them to throw in some extras as a sweetner for your runaround .
If I would have talked to the manager I would have asked for extra's. But I didn't trust this guy nor the clerk who participated in both days conversations.
I have a feeling, don't know why, but I will be getting a phone call from him today making this deal a little sweeter.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #49
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

I just googled images of the laptop and it looks really nice.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #50
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
I just googled images of the laptop and it looks really nice.

Stop tempting me boo....beside it has all my cookie crumbs on it, porn sites, dirty text messages to you, Derek's home phone number, Carl's typing and spelling software and Topper's dung in the packaging. So I would want a different one!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 For Laptop Owner's Only




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Change Owner
Hi. I have a window 7 computer that shows my husband as the owner when I sign into the computer. I would like to be the owner as the computer belongs to me. My husband has no objection as he has his own computer. Can this easily be done? If yes, can someone let me know how to do this. ...
General Discussion
New owner but cannot remove previous owner as administrator
I recently bought an Acer AX3810 with Vista 7 Home Premium 64 bit from the widow of my neighbor. I had transferred all his personal files and copied all the photographs to an external hard drive for her then deleted all the files using "Eraser". I cannot seem to be able to delete the previous...
General Discussion
hp slate 2 new owner
hey just picked up a new slate 2 tablet for a super good price and I've always wanted a seven tab, but I find there is no forums regarding slate 2 owners! does anyone know of any good forums regarding the hp slate 2 or even the slate 500? anyone?
Chillout Room
owner tab
Where is the owner tab in properties? I have none.
General Discussion
User/owner
Hi, I went to command prompt and made a chkdsk/f and it asked me user/owner so I put my user name but it keeps asking for it, what am I doing wrong ? My laptop say :C dont I have to type chkdsk c ?
General Discussion
New Laptop Owner
I am the proud owner of a new Dell Laptop, well not new, refurbished. It is in route to me so I have not gotten it yet. I have not owned a laptop before and have read a few things about them. I read where you should not use them on a bed because you might block an air vent and a few other...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:05.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App