Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Should I install Windows 7?

16 Jun 2009   #11
rene636

Windows 7, 7229 X86
 
 

Ok, I installed Windows 7, and you all were right. I am glad I did. I really like it a lot.

Thanks for all your replies.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Jun 2009   #12
holo88

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

welcome to future of awesome-computer-ness!
glorious, is it not?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2009   #13
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Glad you like it rene.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jun 2009   #14
G8HAV

Windows 7
 
 

Hi, I have upgraded to build 7100 on a medion laptop. it had a good battery life but now I get at least 20% longer life. Can run some 4 hrs or more with email web searching word docs and excel.
Just noticed it has come up with a message 'This copy of Windows is not genuine' yet is a RC download which I thought was good till June 2010.
IE8 runs much faster than in Vista as does most programs. Well pleased.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2009   #15
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by G8HAV View Post
Hi, I have upgraded to build 7100 on a medion laptop. it had a good battery life but now I get at least 20% longer life. Can run some 4 hrs or more with email web searching word docs and excel.
Just noticed it has come up with a message 'This copy of Windows is not genuine' yet is a RC download which I thought was good till June 2010.
IE8 runs much faster than in Vista as does most programs. Well pleased.
To fix this, just grab a new key from M$ and put it in. They are free after all.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2009   #16
rene636

Windows 7, 7229 X86
 
 

Thanks! I agree, this program is great!! I will never go back to Vista. Glad I decided to download.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2009   #17
mariojas

Windows 7 x64 build 7232
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rene636 View Post
Thanks! I agree, this program is great!! I will never go back to Vista. Glad I decided to download.

me too (however a while back)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2009   #18
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rene636 View Post
Thanks! I agree, this program is great!! I will never go back to Vista. Glad I decided to download.
Same. I was playing around with Vista on some other computers and realized how much it sucks compared to Seven.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2009   #19
cbleman

XP Media Edition / Vista /Win 7 Home Premium
 
 

I too am leery of windows 7. I tried Vista, and expunged it from my machine less than 30 days later. Vista was not ALL bad; it was just the annoyances, and major aggravations seriously outweighed any advantages. I recently purchased a laptop with Vista. I was told not only could I NOT get XP, but any attempt to downgrade will void my warranty. I had forgotten how miserable I was with the Vista Operating System.
I am deeply afraid windows 7 will be another steaming pile. I have met a few people who don't mind Vista, but none of them do much more than browse the Net, and check their E-mail.
Enhanced graphics do not get the job done. Even after 2 years, it seems that user input has been (For the most part) ignored.

Is windows 7 that much better than vista? How about frequent crashes I suffer with Vista. Has/Have that/those problem(s) been solved? Networking problems? Will I need a new machine? I don't have a closed mind, I'm just scared. Input is welcome.

(For a list of Vista annoyances and aggravations, try Google. There are quite a few wonderful articles.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2009   #20
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cbleman View Post
I too am leery of windows 7. I tried Vista, and expunged it from my machine less than 30 days later. Vista was not ALL bad; it was just the annoyances, and major aggravations seriously outweighed any advantages. I recently purchased a laptop with Vista. I was told not only could I NOT get XP, but any attempt to downgrade will void my warranty. I had forgotten how miserable I was with the Vista Operating System.
I am deeply afraid windows 7 will be another steaming pile. I have met a few people who don't mind Vista, but none of them do much more than browse the Net, and check their E-mail.
Enhanced graphics do not get the job done. Even after 2 years, it seems that user input has been (For the most part) ignored.

Is windows 7 that much better than vista? How about frequent crashes I suffer with Vista. Has/Have that/those problem(s) been solved? Networking problems? Will I need a new machine? I don't have a closed mind, I'm just scared. Input is welcome.

(For a list of Vista annoyances and aggravations, try Google. There are quite a few wonderful articles.)
Vista was not ready to be released when it was. Seven, however, is. It has the driver base from Vista, but expanded. It was completely re-designed, though looks similar. Overall, it is VERY different, and problems I had with Vista (yes, I had some too) I have not had AT ALL with Seven.
In general, most people have very few problems, and it is likely that those too will be fixed with the RTM.
I would recommend giving this a try. You may be leery of it from Vista (and lets face it; who isn't?), but it is worth the shot. You may find that you like it A LOT. It is MILES ahead of Vista, and it cannot even be compared to XP.

I encourage you to try it; after all, no one ever gains anything without a little risk.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Should I install Windows 7?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 Install - Cannot install required files... Error message
I have been trying to do a clean install of windows 7 and I am now getting this message. I have probably done a clean install using the exact same disk 5 times before. I've tried formatting the hard drive and re partitioning. This is a custom build. The thing that is interesting to me is that I...
Installation & Setup
How to create install disks from an install of Windows 7/Recovery Part
Hi I have a new Asus CM6730 W7 PC (x64) it did not come with Install disk but it does have a recovery partition. How do I make install disk for this W7 install, I want to format the recovery partition to use it for other things. Thanks Daniel
General Discussion
windows 7 wont complete install. restarts install or bsod
Hello everyone. first off, thanks for taking the time to consider my problem. i know this is quite a redundant issue, thank you for your patience. First off this is a newly built computer, all fresh components. after cleaning/activating the hdd via shift +f10 at win7 setup,(which took me...
Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Install Disc fails to see hard disk after Ubuntu install
After I tried to make a dual boot with Ubuntu and Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit), Windows now does not boot. I have tried to reinstall and repair the HDD but the disc fails to recognize my HDD (Western Digital Scorpio Black 500 GB). My HDD is Basic, has 3 primary partitions and 1 extended (3 logical)....
Installation & Setup
Boot config not working, tried clean install, can't install windows 7
My spouses pc all of a sudden wouldn't boot, not into safe mode or anything (vista), and so we were going to upgrade anyways to windows 7, so i bought the upgrade windows 7 and attempted to do a clean install and reformatted the c: drive which has 250gb, and each time i start the install it bogs...
Installation & Setup
'Windows cannot install required files' on Flash disk install to SSD
Hi everyone I've built a brand new PC and decided that I would like to install windows 7 64 bit on my SSD, I got a disk+key from my university before christmas so that'd i'd be ready once i'd built it. I built the PC yesterday and realised that I'd left my external DVD drive at my university...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:35.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App