Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Downloaded files not saved to library?

29 Dec 2010   #11
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

No there isn't a free download available...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Dec 2010   #12
bluegrunt

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MacGyvr View Post
Unfortunately, there is no way to sugar coat this. You are not looking in the same place when you save the file and when you go back to look for it. Please give the EXACT full path of the file save location. I'm certain you will shortly see that you have made an error when going back to find the file.
Thanks Mac, if I'm wrong I'll be happy to admit it.

Untitled1.jpg is a screenshot of the "save as" window when I try to save the jpeg. You can see that the files appear to be there...

Untitled2.jpg is a screenshot of the same folder (I think!) when looked at through Windows Explorer.


Attached Thumbnails
Downloaded files not saved to library?-untitled1.jpg   Downloaded files not saved to library?-untitled2.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #13
bluegrunt

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

I seem to have the same problem as these folks...

Unable to see saved files...help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Dec 2010   #14
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

bluegrunt
Can you give us a link to the website you are downloading from so we can give it a try? Or if you prefer, PM me the link!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #15
bluegrunt

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

I don't seem to have access to PM functionality. However the site is a subscription based site so you wouldn't be able to have a go. The site is ancestry.co.uk and I'm just trying to save a jpeg of a marriage certificate.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #16
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

probably a silly question. Have they been downloaded as hidden files?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #17
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Try downloading the file again to a different folder on your C drive!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #18
MacGyvr

Windows 7 Ultimate RTM (Technet)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bluegrunt View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MacGyvr View Post
Unfortunately, there is no way to sugar coat this. You are not looking in the same place when you save the file and when you go back to look for it. Please give the EXACT full path of the file save location. I'm certain you will shortly see that you have made an error when going back to find the file.
Thanks Mac, if I'm wrong I'll be happy to admit it.

Untitled1.jpg is a screenshot of the "save as" window when I try to save the jpeg. You can see that the files appear to be there...

Untitled2.jpg is a screenshot of the same folder (I think!) when looked at through Windows Explorer.
These screenshots do not show the paths in question. A library can have multiple paths stored within it. Click the arrow in the left panel next to "Documents" and see how many locations are stored in the Documents library. I would be willing to bet that there are at least two, one of which you are downloading to and another where you are looking for what you downloaded.

If there is no arrow next to "Documents," then right click on it and choose Properties.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #19
MacGyvr

Windows 7 Ultimate RTM (Technet)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Try downloading the file again to a different folder on your C drive!
Let's not cloud the issue...I think the OP may be misunderstanding how Libraries work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #20
BriceH

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MacGyvr View Post
These screenshots do not show the paths in question. A library can have multiple paths stored within it. Click the arrow in the left panel next to "Documents" and see how many locations are stored in the Documents library. I would be willing to bet that there are at least two, one of which you are downloading to and another where you are looking for what you downloaded.

If there is no arrow next to "Documents," then right click on it and choose Properties.
I don't think that would be the problem. If he saves the file to one folder in the Documents library (My Documents by default), he should be able to see that file when he looks in the same library.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Downloaded files not saved to library?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Saved an ATTACHMENT into a library folder, and CANNOT delete it
Hi, Saved it to access it easily, actually it's the email itself (the icon is an enveloppe) I sent to a library folder, i can't delete it. I tried to send it elsewhere, it sends a copy of itself but won't delete: every copy is NOT deletable. What to do? Please. It's really bothering me. I have...
General Discussion
Still have lots of downloaded stuff in "other library"?
Hi everyone, i was posting to another thread in which i was uploading a snip of my desktop that i saved to the downloads folder, and when i clicked on the "Attach Files" tab to browse to the snip there appeared to be lots of stuff in the download folder i had deleted ages ago. I think there are two...
General Discussion
cannot find saved files
I save copies of census from ancestry to my computer, they are saved as JPG files, when I was on Vista & XP, after showing hidden files I would access them from: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\Users\USERNAME\Documents\ I would cut and...
General Discussion
Can't See Downloaded Files
Recently - I've been having a strange problem. when I download a photo or image, or even capture a screen shot and save it to a folder, I cannot see it in that folder. I originally thought i had not hit save properly or not saved a file that I thought I had - but when i tried to re download an...
General Discussion
The iTunes Library Cannot Be Saved?
I get this annoying message in iTunes, The iTunes Library Cannot Be Saved. It will pop up at random times but mainly when I minimize it. I tried completely un-installing, deleting all folder related to it, running ccleaner, then re-installing but with no luck.
Software
No 'Administrator' In Saved Files
I'm really quite confused about Administrator settings and permissions. I set myself up (the only user) as the administrator when I installed W7. It reads: Monsonman(Foghorn7\Monsonman). When I moved saved music files from external MyBook back to the PC, most all files in all folders do not...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:17.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App