Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: how to tell fake windows 7 ultimate from the real thing without openin

23 Jan 2011   #11
rossmodel

windows 7 professional 64
 
 

I know privacy is wrong and being a victim of sucks, however why do microsoft price their product beyond the reach of ordinary people?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Jan 2011   #12
logicearth

Windows 10 Pro (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rossmodel View Post
I know privacy is wrong and being a victim of sucks, however why do microsoft price their product beyond the reach of ordinary people?
Because it cost millions to make. Not even counting the R&D that goes into it. Unless you need the features of Ultimate, Home Premium is enough for most people.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2011   #13
Bill2

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rossmodel View Post
I know privacy is wrong and being a victim of sucks, however why do microsoft price their product beyond the reach of ordinary people?
Because it cost millions to make. Not even counting the R&D that goes into it. Unless you need the features of Ultimate, Home Premium is enough for most people.
And because they are virtually a monopoly, the world is addicted to windows...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Jan 2011   #14
Mercurial

Windows 7 32bit RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rossmodel View Post
I know privacy is wrong and being a victim of sucks, however why do microsoft price their product beyond the reach of ordinary people?
Because it cost millions to make. Not even counting the R&D that goes into it. Unless you need the features of Ultimate, Home Premium is enough for most people.
And because they are virtually a monopoly, the world is addicted to windows...
oh come on , lets just agree to the fact the its fun to use windows than using other OS'es :P

well for the most users that is XD
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2011   #15
Bill2

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

Quote:
oh come on , lets just agree to the fact the its fun to use windows than using other OS'es
Exactly, its fun to use because we've been using it for donkeys years and are comfortable with it. If we had been on Linux all this while, windows wouldnt have been so much fun.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2011   #16
Mercurial

Windows 7 32bit RTM
 
 

Well I guess first come first serve !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2011   #17
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rossmodel View Post
I know privacy is wrong and being a victim of sucks, however why do microsoft price their product beyond the reach of ordinary people?
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, and I'm not targeting just you...but anyone who thinks this way. People will spend hundreds and even thousands on the hardware for a computer, but can't spend $100 on the OS that makes it all run? Yes, Home Premium OEM can be had for $99 from legit places.

Would you rather buy a Mac that costs up to double for what the same PC costs, and then be charged for what basically amounts to a service pack?

That all being said, go back through eBay to get your money refunded. Also contact Microsoft, because the big bad eveil empire that they are often gives people free licenses if they were victims of counterfieting.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 how to tell fake windows 7 ultimate from the real thing without openin




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Skydive fake or real?
open to debate!! vleQ1bh-YAM
Chillout Room
real or fake?
I have Microsoft Security Essentials on my computer. Lately I'm getting a warning popup. Is this actually MSSE or is it malware?
System Security
fake or real help
Virustotal. MD5: 59495520c6236a722c6df6395a23b34e Trojan Horse Trojan.Generic.60079 probably a variant of Win32/Agent is this file safe it says that 65 percent detected it as a virus but each one has a different name for type of threat i website cheathappens says that it is a fasle postive any...
System Security
7300 Is it Real or Fake
There is a leak floating around for 7300 (x86) Just dont know if it is real or fake Ken
General Discussion
Torrent 7068, Real? Fake?
REAL, FAKE? http://www.masimagenes.com/images/no9c3exnsfe2hrwg59.jpg http://www.masimagenes.com/images/w08pfh2w342kmfl5hge.jpg
General Discussion
Leaked Windows 7 build 7000 the "Real Thing"
Ed Bott reckons the latest beta build of Windows 7 is the Windows 7 Beta 1 "Over the weekend, I had a chance to spend some quality time with the leaked Windows 7 build thatís zipping around the Internet. No one at Microsoft will confirm whether this code is the same as the beta due to be...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:29.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App