Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Icon Load Time, CPU Warm-UP and Upgrading

25 Jun 2009   #11
Mystere

Windows 7 64 bit SP1
 
 

DarkNovaGundam,

My first response to him was not mean. I was helpful, and told him he was looking at the wrong line of thinking. So did several others.

However, when he comes back and complains that nobody has given him the answer to what he asked for, it means he's not even interested in listening to us. He believes he knows better, and just wants the answer to his question.

That's why i've decided it was retarded. Because he doesn't want to listen to anyones answers.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Jun 2009   #12
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
load time

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexRD View Post
Ok so One is already solved. ( Btw, i use the Cooling Pad only on Games )
That was really a dumb question :P (Funny: Everyone would put the PCs on Heaters :X)

Two, i don't think that a HD would be the ONLY problem, would it? Cause in Xp it worked just fine.
AND, i'm not running really a lot of things on Startup, just asus direct console, modem driver, JMB36X, AVG and VGA Driver. ( No new BIOS Versions for my Motherboard ).
I have 2 GB Free Memory RAM when not running anything heavy.


in your second icon loading slowly it depends on your indexing and how many icons you have. whats your page file and ram settings

Third, no one really replied what i wanted, just that i should upgrade to 7100 ( but i'm already using the 7100).
I think you mean in third upgrade from 7100 to 7260, and yes should and you will like it

Jope this helps

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2009   #13
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexRD View Post
Ok so One is already solved. ( Btw, i use the Cooling Pad only on Games )
That was really a dumb question :P (Funny: Everyone would put the PCs on Heaters :X)

Two, i don't think that a HD would be the ONLY problem, would it? Cause in Xp it worked just fine.
AND, i'm not running really a lot of things on Startup, just asus direct console, modem driver, JMB36X, AVG and VGA Driver. ( No new BIOS Versions for my Motherboard ).
I have 2 GB Free Memory RAM when not running anything heavy.

Third, no one really replied what i wanted, just that i should upgrade to 7100 ( but i'm already using the 7100).
The HDD will be a big cause in this, and you say you have 2gigs/1gig..... Which will also cause the problem.

And you have no need to upgrade from 7100, it works fine. It could have an issue on your PC, but it will probably be fixed in the RTM.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Jun 2009   #14
AlexRD

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
DarkNovaGundam,

My first response to him was not mean. I was helpful, and told him he was looking at the wrong line of thinking. So did several others.

However, when he comes back and complains that nobody has given him the answer to what he asked for, it means he's not even interested in listening to us. He believes he knows better, and just wants the answer to his question.

That's why i've decided it was retarded. Because he doesn't want to listen to anyones answers.
Please, read again:
Quote:
Ok so One is already solved. ( Btw, i use the Cooling Pad only on Games )
That was really a dumb question :P (Funny: Everyone would put the PCs on Heaters :X)
First, I said one was solved, and admitted that it was a dumb question

Second, i answered everybody's question for better help to come, like Boot Up App's, BIOS Version, Etc. I listened to Everyone's answers.

Third, I didn't complain, i just reminded that it was unsolved.
I'm Brazillian, and my vocabulary is limited. So when you think i was complaining, i was just trying to remind people that it was unsolved.

And really, even though i was complaining, which i was not, it wouldn't be necessary to be mean like you were by saying it was retarded.

DarkNovaGundam: I forgot to update the System Specs :P
ZigZag: Ok, will do. Thanks.
LordBob: Why would 2/1 gigs would be also cause of the problem?
And when you say that it could be a problem in my pc, you mean like Win7?
Cause on Vista the icons would load slowly like that too, only on XP it wouldn't.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2009   #15
AlexRD

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Hey, one more thing to add.
There is a tweak, to set the priority on High on games
You save it as a bat file like this

@echo off
cd /d "C:\Games\Assassin's Creed"
start /realtime AssassinsCreed_Dx9.exe


I want for the bat file to be something like, press 1 to open DX9 Assassins creed and press 2 to open DX10 Assassins creed. ( But both with the high priority tweak).
Is there a way to do this??
And, people set it to high, but wouldn't it be better in realtime??

Thanks,
Alex.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2009   #16
zrtom

W8 Pro, W7 Ultimate, XP Pro x64, Vista x64, Ubuntu
 
 

Quote:
Cause on Vista the icons would load slowly like that too, only on XP it wouldn't.
I think we are getting somewhere based on that comment about XP. I think, like the others have said, it is a combination of slow HDD and the RAM. Not sure whether the Asus BIOS supports it but the T7500 supports 800 Mhz, which is faster than what you have. Also depending on the BIOS, the mis-match in RAM sizes could add to the problem. 2GB could be operating in dual channel (1GB from each stick) and the other could be hanging out there looking for something to do, sort-of.

What is interesting is that XP was okay. Generally W7 performs as well as XP and usually better. Maybe a different W7 build would make a difference. I think the other threads about W7 build experiences show that different computers run different W7 builds differently.

I guess we all need to keep in mind that, as good as it runs for most, Windows 7 is still currently a work in progress.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2009   #17
AlexRD

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zrtom View Post
I think we are getting somewhere based on that comment about XP. I think, like the others have said, it is a combination of slow HDD and the RAM. Not sure whether the Asus BIOS supports it but the T7500 supports 800 Mhz, which is faster than what you have. Also depending on the BIOS, the mis-match in RAM sizes could add to the problem. 2GB could be operating in dual channel (1GB from each stick) and the other could be hanging out there looking for something to do, sort-of.

What is interesting is that XP was okay. Generally W7 performs as well as XP and usually better. Maybe a different W7 build would make a difference. I think the other threads about W7 build experiences show that different computers run different W7 builds differently.

I guess we all need to keep in mind that, as good as it runs for most, Windows 7 is still currently a work in progress.
How can i know if 1GB is hanging looking for something to do?
And did you mean, like , that the T7500 ONLY supports 800 MHz Higher?

Thanks,
Alex.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2009   #18
zrtom

W8 Pro, W7 Ultimate, XP Pro x64, Vista x64, Ubuntu
 
 

I probably shouldn't have said it like that about the memory. Dual channel memory usually works best in matched pairs (although this has become less important in the last couple years). Two matched 2GB RAM sticks would work more in sync than what you have.

About the 800 Mhz RAM.... no, it supports the 667 Mhz you have but can support a maximum speed of 800 Mhz. Some BIOS's are locked at a slower speed. An example is my Dell M1330 with a T7500 CPU. The CPU supports 800 Mhz RAM but the BIOS won't let it run any faster than 667 Mhz.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2009   #19
Snufffed

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexRD View Post
Hi,


I know this might sound Dumb, but...(The only STUPID Question is the one you did not ask.)


1) Is there an application to make the CPU warm up? (YES, turn the computer on.)
Like, when i boot up my PC , it is really slow, and i think it is because it is really cold yet. But, i want it to heat up faster, than to wait for 15 min.

Is there any application that uses the CPU Very Much for it to warm up?

2) I also need some help with Icon loading. (Set the system to not DELETE thumbnails, defrag weekly) When i open a folder, Explorer doesn't respond until all the icons load up, like 10 seconds some times. And i think that icons shouldn't load up so slowly for a 8600M GT, right?

3) Is it safe to upgrade from 7100 to 7260? I mean, are my programs still going to stay and everything works out? They say that 7260 is the best 32 bits version. (YES, Highly recommended that you upgrade to the highest version you can. 7260 has 6 day more grace period and also has 4 x -rearms plus 1 reset = 150 days over expire date.)




Thanks,
Alex.
I do hope this answers all the questions. some have been answered previously.

Motto in my computer shop for over 20 years. RETIRED NOW.
THE ONLY STUPID QUESTION IS THE ONE YOU NEVER ASK.
Is this GUN LOADED? Is this where you put the GAS? Officer what is the legal speed, I never seen the speed limit sign.
Smart asses are never paid enough, because they are afraid to ask for a RAISE.
My 2nd best motto, is YOUR FIRED and YOU KNOW WHY! 99% said WHY? I said you were rude to the customer, and he pays your salary.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jun 2009   #20
AlexRD

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
I do hope this answers all the questions. some have been answered previously.

Motto in my computer shop for over 20 years. RETIRED NOW.
THE ONLY STUPID QUESTION IS THE ONE YOU NEVER ASK.
Is this GUN LOADED? Is this where you put the GAS? Officer what is the legal speed, I never seen the speed limit sign.
Smart asses are never paid enough, because they are afraid to ask for a RAISE.
My 2nd best motto, is YOUR FIRED and YOU KNOW WHY! 99% said WHY? I said you were rude to the customer, and he pays your salary.

Ok, so i set the PC to not delete the thumbnails by going on System Properties / Performance and changing the Save Taskbar Thumbnail previews on?

And, now i see why everyone thought it was dumb.
I didn't mean to Warm UP, i meant it to go from 15% Processor State to 100% or even 90%. Thats what i meant by "Warming Up"

Can someone help me with the .Bat file also?

There is a tweak, to set the priority on High on games
You save it as a bat file like this

Quote:
@echo off
cd /d "C:\Games\Assassin's Creed"
start /realtime AssassinsCreed_Dx9.exe


I want for the bat file to be something like, press 1 to open DX9 Assassins creed and press 2 to open DX10 Assassins creed. ( But both with the high priority tweak).
Is there a way to do this??
And, people set it to high, but wouldn't it be better in realtime??

Alex.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Icon Load Time, CPU Warm-UP and Upgrading




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Computer components get very warm/hot even under no load
Hi, i've got my economy into place and things are working out for me right now, i have upgraded m desktop with a Be quiet pure power l8 630W with 30A on the 12v rail v1 and 30A on the second rail, it is more than enough to power the GTX 660 from asus i got for chrismas, I also changed out the...
Performance & Maintenance
First time upgrading RAM- what should I do?
I have 2GB of RAM currently on my machine, and since taking the advice from another member up here, I installed the x64 version on Win 7. Anyway, so I have 4GB of memory coming in tomorrow. The RAM I have installed now is ~800 mhz speeds I think. The ram I have coming in is 1333 mhz, which is the...
Performance & Maintenance
BSOD BugCheck 1000007E occurs time to time (not under load), need help
Hello, i just registered to this forum. I upgraded my hardware from AMD AM2+ platform to AMD AM3+, so basicly i changed my motherboard and memory( Asus M5A9, kingston 1333 4x4Gb), everything else is the same - CPU- AMD Phenom X6 1055, GPU- Gigabyte HD5830, OLD HDD (more than 3 years im sure, mb...
BSOD Help and Support
Why some web site get too much time to load?
Hi! Some web site gets long time to load but that web sites are not fully images contain web pages. Sometime they loading, loading and loading more-than 3 minutes. Most of the time this matter happen Yahoo answerer , Facebook and Blogger web page in every time. But not a specific time. But fully...
Browsers & Mail
Windows load time
Hi I have brand new Dell Studio 1555 Notebook having Windows 7 Home Premium. The load time of Windows is long up to 2 minutes from last 2 days. I have disabled many application which were not very necessary from start up using msconfig. But if is still slow. How can I solve this issue.
Performance & Maintenance
Start Menu Icon Never Load
After a clean install of win7 (x64), the start menu icons never (or take extremely long) to load the first time after opening them. This primarily happens at Start button > All programs (and the folders within all programs). After the first time, they load normally. This happens each time I...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:19.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App