Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 7, I Hate!

07 Mar 2011   #71
PeaB4YouGo

Microsoft Windows 10 Home Build 15036
 
 

I gotta ask if that's the only JPG that shows up that way. Yes, it does the same thing on my box, and yes, it shows up fine in Picasa. The thing is, it's the only one in my collection of several hundred JPGs that shows like this in Windows Photo Viewer.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
07 Mar 2011   #72
Sp3c5

7 Ultimate 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PeaB4YouGo View Post
I gotta ask if that's the only JPG that shows up that way. Yes, it does the same thing on my box, and yes, it shows up fine in Picasa. The thing is, it's the only one in my collection of several hundred JPGs that shows like this in Windows Photo Viewer.
Actual while browsing my pictures, a couple showed up like this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2011   #73
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by metalmania31 View Post
Off topic, but how can you stand all the Norton Backup overlays?
I turn them off and on for a bit of light relief.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Mar 2011   #74
vaidas3

Windows 7 pro 64bit. (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sp3c5 View Post
OK this is beyond me. I'm not sure if some settings were touched, but as far as I am concerned, I have not touched any regarding this.

A simple .jpg image fails to display properly.

XP viewer on the left, 7 Viewer on the right.

Ill include the original jpg. Compare with me please just to make sure it's not my computer the problem.
windows live gallery has the same problem. I had this problem with some of other jpgs using windows 7 image viewer and windows live gallery.. seems like it's microsoft imaging component problem... and yes i agree it is really sad that it does not display gif images (animation)..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2011   #75
unifex

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sp3c5 View Post
OK this is beyond me. I'm not sure if some settings were touched, but as far as I am concerned, I have not touched any regarding this.

A simple .jpg image fails to display properly.

XP viewer on the left, 7 Viewer on the right.

Ill include the original jpg. Compare with me please just to make sure it's not my computer the problem.

I have downloaded your image and I have no problem viewing it in the Photo Viewer on my Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I have never tweaked the Photo Viewer in any way.

I should also mention, that I have no problem viewing almost any other image files in Photo Viewer, including gif, png, jpg, bmp, etc. Animated gif files I have do not animate in Photo Viewer, in fact, I am not sure if it's supposed to animate them at all. In comparison with older versions of Windows, I see no difference in how the Photo Viewer behaves, although the app might have changed names (not so sure about that).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2011   #76
vaidas3

Windows 7 pro 64bit. (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by unifex View Post
I have downloaded your image and I have no problem viewing it in the Photo Viewer on my Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I have never tweaked the Photo Viewer in any way.

I should also mention, that I have no problem viewing almost any other image files in Photo Viewer, including gif, png, jpg, bmp, etc. Animated gif files I have do not animate in Photo Viewer, in fact, I am not sure if it's supposed to animate them at all. In comparison with older versions of Windows, I see no difference in how the Photo Viewer behaves, although the app might have changed names (not so sure about that).
how? I did not tweak or modify my windows live photo gallery in any way, and i got this problem its same in windows 7 photo viewer
please tell do you have windows essentials (photo gallery, movie maker etc.) installed?

and gif images are usually animated so viewing them without animation is no use..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2011   #77
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

The only way to view an animated gif in windows 7 without a 3rd party app is in a web browser or, very badly, in Windows media Player.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2011   #78
unifex

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vaidas3 View Post

how? I did not tweak or modify my windows live photo gallery in any way, and i got this problem its same in windows 7 photo viewer
please tell do you have windows essentials (photo gallery, movie maker etc.) installed?

and gif images are usually animated so viewing them without animation is no use..
I do not have Windows Live Essentials installed. I am just using the original Photo Viewer. All I did was I simply downloaded the file the OP provided, saved it on my Desktop, and double-clicked on it.

Personally, I have many gif files without animation. I admit that lately most image files are jpg though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2011   #79
Imperfect1

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
The only way to view an animated gif in windows 7 without a 3rd party app is in a web browser or, very badly, in Windows media Player.
By "web browser" I'm assuming you were referring to Internet Explorer, which displays them perfectly. Don't know about the others. . .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2011   #80
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
The only way to view an animated gif in windows 7 without a 3rd party app is in a web browser or, very badly, in Windows media Player.
By "web browser" I'm assuming you were referring to Internet Explorer, which displays them perfectly. Don't know about the others. . .
Yes IE although they should display properly in any web browser. It is WMP which displays them badly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 7, I Hate!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
I hate the new Solitaire
I've been playing solitaire on my computer since? (well I can't really remember that far back) So when I first loaded Windows 7 (true also with Vista) I found that MS had actually paid some guy to mess it up the look and feel of Solitaire (expletives deleted). It looks really sick and doesn't...
Gaming
Ipad - I HATE it already
Hi all as one who hates cluttered desktops etc I was never into the Iphone with all those horrible little icons (Apps ?) all over the screen - so predictably the Ipad has just EXCEEDED my worst nightmare as a MUST NOT HAVE device. I don't really like touch screens - keyboards and mice are...
Chillout Room
something i hate
:mad: i was perusing the forum just looking for some thread topics that might interest me. i came across one where the op was asking for suggestions for a product (trying to leave things vague to protect identities). anyway, people chimed in and gave their input. pretty much after each input from...
Chillout Room
Help me not hate my computer
I'm not exactly an advanced user, just to get that out in the open. I've been going through this site trying to find someone having the same problem as I am-with no luck. So first the background. I got my new laptop a little over a month ago and my problem has been exactly the same since I...
Network & Sharing
I hate shortcuts that don't do anything
When you have your user folder, I notice "My Documents" which lets me see all my documents, but there is a lot of shortcuts to the same places. It pisses me off that I see "My documents" and click on it, only to receive a nasty message and then I see it is the shortcut. Why is the shortcut there if...
Customization
I hate W7 for one reason!
I have upgraded from Windows XP SP3 to Windows 7. I can't stand it for only one reason. Somebody help me out with this. If you open photoshop (or any program) and create a new file and save it. Close. Then open the file again and make a change I get the message: "Could not save...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App