Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: I have deleted authui.dll windows 7

11 Apr 2011   #11
hinchliffe92

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Hello, I'm in using Puppy Linux and I can see authui.dll but I cant change it back to authui.dll from authuiold.dll because it say's " Done There was one error? any idea guys.

Thanks for ya time.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Apr 2011   #12
biggles1000

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

hmm :/
Have you tried deleting the deviantart dll from C before copying?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2011   #13
hinchliffe92

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by biggles1000 View Post
hmm :/
Have you tried deleting the deviantart dll from C before copying?

Yes It's saying "" Delete WRITE-PROTECTED'/mnt/sda2/Windows/System32/authuit.dll ERROR: Read-only file system Done There was one error, Anyone know why?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Apr 2011   #14
biggles1000

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Ah. That looks like Windows getting in the way again :/
Normally I'd say try it in explored again, but as your GUI is disabled you can't. It's a real pain that MS protect all the crucial files, as more often than not the protection stops people fixing it rather than breaking it.
From here I see only two options:
1) try another Linux distro. I would recommend ubuntu, as it is more of a windows style fully usable distro (file copying always seems to have been tweaked for aliens in puppy). Try the same method for the copying again in ubuntu. I would advocate mint, but that is normally a really slow and unstable live cd.
2) reinstall windows :S Probably not the best option. If option 1 doesn't work, I'll try to ponder even more for a possible fix.

Best of luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2011   #15
hinchliffe92

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by biggles1000 View Post
Ah. That looks like Windows getting in the way again :/
Normally I'd say try it in explored again, but as your GUI is disabled you can't. It's a real pain that MS protect all the crucial files, as more often than not the protection stops people fixing it rather than breaking it.
From here I see only two options:
1) try another Linux distro. I would recommend ubuntu, as it is more of a windows style fully usable distro (file copying always seems to have been tweaked for aliens in puppy). Try the same method for the copying again in ubuntu. I would advocate mint, but that is normally a really slow and unstable live cd.
2) reinstall windows :S Probably not the best option. If option 1 doesn't work, I'll try to ponder even more for a possible fix.

Best of luck.
Thank you so much for your help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2011   #16
biggles1000

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

No problem
Always happy to help, and if you do continue to have issues with it, I'll still be here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2011   #17
hinchliffe92

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by biggles1000 View Post
No problem
Always happy to help, and if you do continue to have issues with it, I'll still be here
I'm downloading Windows 7 Recovery Disc 64-Bit (x64) Edition do you think that would work?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2011   #18
biggles1000

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

As long as it's recovery process repairs/fixes dll files, then yes, it should work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 I have deleted authui.dll windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Need original Authui.dll win 7 64bit
hi there, i recently replaced my original authui with the one i got on deviantart, now, every time i pressed ctrl +alt+del the screen was just black with a movable cursor can someone zip me authui.dll for 64 bit? i need it asap, i wont turn my laptop down untill i get the original files
Backup and Restore
Removed Authui.dll
Hey guys, major problem here. I've removed the authui.dll whilst trying to mod windows 7, yes I know I shouldn't... Anyway I can't put the file back because of the windows 7 security permissions, and because I've got UAC set to max settings, I can't edit the permissions to put the file back in....
General Discussion
Trying to replace authui
I am trying to replace authui to customise the Logon Screen to my liking. I tried changing some images which control some button images such as Cancel in the CTRL+ALT+DEL screen. Using Restorator or Resource Hacker to replace it, still gives the same (black screen without mouse usage) Here...
Customization
Need an authui.dll file for 32bit system
I need authui.dll file for windows 7 ultimate sp1 32bit. I forgot to backup it when I customize logon screen. please provide me the file completely as possible, (if indeed there authui.dll in another directory) sorry for bad english :confused:
General Discussion
Need authui.dll
When customizing the logon screen, I forgot to backup my authui's. Can someone please zip me up the x64 authui files (One in system32 and one in SysWOW64).
Backup and Restore


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:10.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App