Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Laptop Stuck in a start up loop!!

03 May 2011   #11
Nigsy

openSUSE 13.1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LUFCRay View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SmurofNeves View Post
I see no other way,you'll have to locate a win7 disk to do the repair.

Or someone else might have a opinion... Hang around.

I think you should look at your boot options in the BIOS to configure the CD-ROM to boot first,then use the Installation disk you have for the repair.

Is this disk of your desktop the same OS..?
Yes it is the same OS
I tried it yesterday and it didn't try reading the disk for some reason, I will try again and get back to you.

Boot into BIOS and select your DVD drive as the primary boot location.

Save and exit. It should now boot stright to the windows disc.

Then have a look here to go through the repair procedure:

How to Repair Windows 7 Installation


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 May 2011   #12
LUFCRay

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Managed to get the disk to read got as far as repair start up and restart and guess what?? yes it came up with the same box......Doh!!
Trying again but this time I am going to install a clean version on a different partition to see if that works....wish me luck, this may take a while. Will report on progress if and when it finishes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2011   #13
johnnya

Windows Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Hi LUFCRay and welcome to the Forum. Just a word of caution, if you are going to restore to another partition, take care to not wipe out the Factory Restore Partition.
If you created the Factory Restore DVD's when you first received this new system, you still can restore the system to it's Factory condition. See PAGE 13 of your ACER manual. Keep in mind, that all your data and setting will be lost using this method.
As an aside, if you did not create these Recovery DVD's, and if the Recovery Partition is still intact, you can still recover the system to Factory condition from the Recovery Partition - see PAGE 45 of your ACER user manual.

I hope this helps
Regards
JohnnyA
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 May 2011   #14
LUFCRay

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnnya View Post
Hi LUFCRay and welcome to the Forum. Just a word of caution, if you are going to restore to another partition, take care to not wipe out the Factory Restore Partition.
If you created the Factory Restore DVD's when you first received this new system, you still can restore the system to it's Factory condition. See PAGE 13 of your ACER manual. Keep in mind, that all your data and setting will be lost using this method.
As an aside, if you did not create these Recovery DVD's, and if the Recovery Partition is still intact, you can still recover the system to Factory condition from the Recovery Partition - see PAGE 45 of your ACER user manual.

I hope this helps
Regards
JohnnyA

Cheers for the heads up. I have managed to get Windows7 installed now and the old version has been placed in a file as windows.old. At the moment I am trying to save valuable files before I try going any further. I daren't turn it off in case it reverts back to how it was earlier. Fingers crossed for when I turn it off. Seems to be ok so far except I am now having trouble getting the correct drivers as unable to access the internet via the laptop yet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2011   #15
johnnya

Windows Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Good for you for at least getting it to boot up. If I were you, I would save all my DATA off and then do a Factory Reinstall using one of the methods I mentioned earlier. This way you get a clean system and all the proper Drivers will install also.
Let us know how you make out.
Cheers
JohnnyA
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2011   #16
Nigsy

openSUSE 13.1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnnya View Post
Good for you for at least getting it to boot up. If I were you, I would save all my DATA off and then do a Factory Reinstall using one of the methods I mentioned earlier. This way you get a clean system and all the proper Drivers will install also.
Let us know how you make out.
Cheers
JohnnyA
Good advice - Make sure you save all data externally if you are going to use the factory restore partition - don't want to loose everything now!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2011   #17
LUFCRay

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nigsy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnnya View Post
Good for you for at least getting it to boot up. If I were you, I would save all my DATA off and then do a Factory Reinstall using one of the methods I mentioned earlier. This way you get a clean system and all the proper Drivers will install also.
Let us know how you make out.
Cheers
JohnnyA
Good advice - Make sure you save all data externally if you are going to use the factory restore partition - don't want to loose everything now!!
I am working on that at this very moment, cheers for ALL the good advice chaps.

My son is a lot happier now

It may cost him the price of a new external hard drive and a beer for me but it has got to be cheaper than taking it to a repairers.....I salute you all and I owe you all a beer too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2011   #18
johnnya

Windows Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Make mine a Guiness please. lol. Also if you care to hit the our rep scales that would also be appreciated.

It's been good working with you.

Cheers
JohnnyA
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2011   #19
gregrocker

 

Have you tried activating using the Product Key on the COA sticker? It should work as long as you reinstalled the same version.

In the future, you need to run Startup Repair up to 3 separate times to repair boot issues. Startup Repair should also automate System Restore but it should still be tried separately from the System Recovery Options

You can also copy out your files using DVD with this method since windows.old cannot be counted upon as a backup method: Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console

If you'll post back a screenshot of your full Disk Mgmt drive map with listings, we can look over your HD to make sure it is correctly configured.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2011   #20
LUFCRay

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Have you tried activating using the Product Key on the COA sticker? It should work as long as you reinstalled the same version.

In the future, you need to run Startup Repair up to 3 separate times to repair boot issues. Startup Repair should also automate System Restore but it should still be tried separately from the System Recovery Options

You can also copy out your files using DVD with this method since windows.old cannot be counted upon as a backup method: Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console

If you'll post back a screenshot of your full Disk Mgmt drive map with listings, we can look over your HD to make sure it is correctly configured.
Will do when I can get enough time to play with it again. Cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Laptop Stuck in a start up loop!!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Greetings! Stuck in Windows failed to start" loop with 0xc0000225.
Hello, I've been suffering from this "Windows failed to start" loop with 0xc0000225 for 3 days now and I still can't fix it. The major problem is that I don't have any sort of installation disc. However, I have tried EasyRE via both CD and USB but both result in the same problem. *I try to...
BSOD Help and Support
Stuck In start up repair loop command prompt does not accept cmd
So here the length of it, to start I have a Sony Vaio running windows 7 home prem x64bit. so to the issue I was tinkering around with some customization stuff like load screen boot screen animation and system icons stuff like that I ended up installing windows crystal (just a shiny windows 7 over...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ...
Hello all. I have been tearing my hair out all day on this issue and hope someone can help. System specs are here. Last night, the machine kept having the audio fade in and out and I would randomly hear the sound effect of a USB device being connected/disconnect when I wasn't do so. So, I ran...
BSOD Help and Support
zoostorm freedom - stuck in start up repair loop and can't re-install
My son has a zoostorm freedom which was working fine and now it's not!! It is stuck in a start-up repair loop. My husband has tried to follow solutions suggested on this site but no joy. Have also tried to re-install windows 7 but no luck either. Took it to PC world and they can't help. I would...
BSOD Help and Support
ASUS laptop stuck in reboot loop.
I reformatted my hard drive to install a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit (I had Windows 7 Premium, 64bit before) and the installation ran just fine. After the installation, it boots up to what I guess is the desktop, waits a few moments, then just reboots. Every time before it boots it goes to...
BSOD Help and Support
Crash now stuck on a start-up repair loop
Hey. I was watching videos on youtube when my laptop just shutoff on me. So I try to churn it back on. But when I did it show start-up repair screen, telling me that windows couldn't not start-up. Later it tells me it couldn't fix the issue, from here I have two options. A. shut off, and then...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App