Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Planning on installing Windows 7 on ALOT of computers.

21 Jul 2009   #11
Codfish

Windows 7 32bit(main) and Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
The Windows Home Family pack is the first time in Microsoft history that they will offer a discounted program for multiple installations like this. Unfortunately, to stay 100% legit, you end up paying large sums of money to Microsoft under their licensing. That's the primary reason why most of the world pirates and steals the OS's. Or uses alternative operating systems not-provided by the Redmond Washington giant.
Hmm.
Going back to the volume licensing thing..
Is there really any difference between a volume license and a regular license, other than a normal license can only be used once while a volume license can be used many times(afaik)?
And how much would one roughly cost?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Jul 2009   #12
mxosder16

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

See if this helps
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2009   #13
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Codfish View Post
Is there anything that is recommended for individuals?
Lets see 10 computers .... 10 Windows 7 Ultimate licenses $319.99 each ... that will be $3,199.90 plus tax .. Thats the deal that Redmond will give you..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Jul 2009   #14
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Codfish View Post
Hmm.
Going back to the volume licensing thing..
Is there really any difference between a volume license and a regular license, other than a normal license can only be used once while a volume license can be used many times(afaik)?
And how much would one roughly cost?
I think you have to be a 1) corporation 2) charity 3) educational provider or 4) government agency in order to even quality for this program.

The company that I worked for paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for our volume license agreement.

There is no way that that a volume license agreement would reduce your costs here.

Maybe an MSDN subscription would work for ya! The MSDN operating systems program is $699. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subs...ons/renew.aspx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2009   #15
Codfish

Windows 7 32bit(main) and Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
I think you have to be a 1) corporation 2) charity 3) educational provider or 4) government agency in order to even quality for this program.

The company that I worked for paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for our volume license agreement.

There is no way that that a volume license agreement would reduce your costs here.

Maybe an MSDN subscription would work for ya!
I'm sorry again for asking such simple questions..
But what is that MSDN license and how is it different from a Technet license?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2009   #16
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Codfish View Post
I'm sorry again for asking such simple questions..
But what is that MSDN license and how is it different from a Technet license?
It's ok, I don't know the ins and outs because I don't own either.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2009   #17
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Codfish View Post
Hmm.
Going back to the volume licensing thing..
Is there really any difference between a volume license and a regular license, other than a normal license can only be used once while a volume license can be used many times(afaik)?
And how much would one roughly cost?
MS will gladly respond to your questions about this. Click the Sales link at Microsoft.com. Windows XP was sold in 5 packs. Enterprise licensing and volume licensing are two different things. You will get a price break per seat (unit), but the service agreement you need to enter into is more than you likely care for.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2009   #18
Codfish

Windows 7 32bit(main) and Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
MS will gladly respond to your questions about this. Click the Sales link at Microsoft.com. Windows XP was sold in 5 packs. Enterprise licensing and volume licensing are two different things. You will get a price break per seat (unit), but the service agreement you need to enter into is more than you likely care for.
I can't seem to find the Sales link.
=/
Can you link me to it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2009   #19
rin

windows 7
 
 

Just buy two family packs. It'll cost you around $300 for 6 licenses
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2009   #20
gizbug

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Codfish View Post
But I don't want to stray to illegal matters in doing so.

Is there any legal way I can install Windows 7(Professional or Ultimate) onto 5 or more computers, without spending like $1000-$1500?

$_$
A LOT is 2 words holmes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Planning on installing Windows 7 on ALOT of computers.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Installing Windows 7 to many computers.
I'm learning about how to install Windows 7 to many computers. But after I read the tutorial, it has to use Windows AIK to do the process, which has a huge installer size (1,7 GB), not suitable for my slow Internet connection to download it. Is there another way / alternative to install Windows...
Installation & Setup
Installing with the same key and disk on multiple computers?
Hey guys, I have a desktop running windows 7 premium and will later purchase a netbook that will come with windows 7 starter. Started is dumb, and i want nothing to do with it. So can I use the same key with the installation on the desktop on the netbook without it causing issues? In other words, I...
Installation & Setup
Installing Win 7 on multiple same computers
I have some 50 computers in my network. We had installed Windows XP on them and most of them have 15 GB system partition. All the PCs have two partitions. One for OS and for user data. We are now migrating to Windows 7. but the problem is the system partition on each PC is very low to accomodate...
Installation & Setup
please help, planning upgrade to windows 7
i'm planning to upgrade to windows 7. i have an hp pavilion dv5. has all the problems on drivers been resolved? thanks
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 SP2 (Service Pack 2) Already in Planning
Starting to talk about a second service pack for Windows 7 when Microsoft has yet to offer the public any details on SP1 might seem like jumping the gun, but then again, it appears that what may be ridiculous for the world is just planning ahead for the company. Reports indicate that the software...
News
Windows 8 planning and preparation underway
Read the full article here :)
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App