Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What don't you like about Windows 7?

30 Apr 2010   #1551
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hkancyr View Post
i hate paying for it every couple years. 2 7ultimates at over 300 clams a pop sucks. The family pack of Home premos was much more reasonable. The Vistas Ultis were expensive too. A family pack of Win8 Ultis would be handy, just sayin.
Don't buy Ultimate then? And its three years when a new version is suppose to come out and you do not have to buy the newest version when it comes out.
To add onto logicearth's response. A family pack would make more sense, with HOME Premium/Basic versions rather than Ultimate since, well, not many home users really NEED Ultimate.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 Apr 2010   #1552
logicearth

Windows 10 Pro (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HellionDarklord View Post
Windows 7 is just a toy for me. Linux is where it is at. (and yes it will play games too) I don't like it. I like to be able to reconfigure my kernel so that I don't have things in it like support for a 14k modem and text to speech.

The speech to text really reallly rreeeeaaaalllllyyyyy stinks! lol! Linux has better stuff, but then they have like 12,000 programmers working on it so it is bound to be better.

And if you don't like the latest Linux release wait a month or two and something new will be released in another distrobution.
Then why in the world are you here? To troll? Maybe you should go back to your linux forum?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #1553
hkancyr

Windows 7 Ulti x64
 
 

Sorry to say, I have to have the latest and greatest. I will be using Win 8 as soon as it comes out too. I wasn't actually complaining since I have no problems with Win7, or Vista for that matter. I was just trying to trump up a complaint, pretty lame.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 May 2010   #1554
BCrose

Winows 7
 
 

And you stopped in here why?


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HellionDarklord View Post
Windows 7 is just a toy for me. Linux is where it is at. (and yes it will play games too) I don't like it. I like to be able to reconfigure my kernel so that I don't have things in it like support for a 14k modem and text to speech.

The speech to text really reallly rreeeeaaaalllllyyyyy stinks! lol! Linux has better stuff, but then they have like 12,000 programmers working on it so it is bound to be better.

And if you don't like the latest Linux release wait a month or two and something new will be released in another distrobution.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2010   #1555
HellionDarklord

Window 7 Home Premium Dual Boot Ubuntu Linux
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HellionDarklord View Post
Windows 7 is just a toy for me. Linux is where it is at. (and yes it will play games too) I don't like it. I like to be able to reconfigure my kernel so that I don't have things in it like support for a 14k modem and text to speech.

The speech to text really reallly rreeeeaaaalllllyyyyy stinks! lol! Linux has better stuff, but then they have like 12,000 programmers working on it so it is bound to be better.

And if you don't like the latest Linux release wait a month or two and something new will be released in another distrobution.
Then why in the world are you here? To troll? Maybe you should go back to your linux forum?
Because I will have to have Microsoft windows operating systems for school, and I am trying to find out what is myth and what is real.

BTW if I was trolling...

Successful Troll is successful. LMAO!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2010   #1556
joel406

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/x86 Windows 7 Pro x64/x86 Windows 7 Home Premium x64/x86
 
 

As usual the troll got it backward.

Linux is the toy.

Windows 7 is far superior to any Linux distro.

Linux has no place here or on any desktop.

Troll someplace else and leave the adults alone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2010   #1557
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HellionDarklord View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HellionDarklord View Post
Windows 7 is just a toy for me. Linux is where it is at. (and yes it will play games too) I don't like it. I like to be able to reconfigure my kernel so that I don't have things in it like support for a 14k modem and text to speech.

The speech to text really reallly rreeeeaaaalllllyyyyy stinks! lol! Linux has better stuff, but then they have like 12,000 programmers working on it so it is bound to be better.

And if you don't like the latest Linux release wait a month or two and something new will be released in another distrobution.
Then why in the world are you here? To troll? Maybe you should go back to your linux forum?
Because I will have to have Microsoft windows operating systems for school, and I am trying to find out what is myth and what is real.

BTW if I was trolling...

Successful Troll is successful. LMAO!
If you really wish to learn about Windows 7, you are in the right place and are welcome here. I suggest you rethink your attitude though and chill out or you won't last long.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2010   #1558
cclloyd9785

Windows 7 Home Premium x64, Mac OS X 10.6.2 x64
 
 

The only thing I dont like with 7 is the only thing I didnt like about any windows OS; As you install and uninstall programs, it gets slower and slower from ghost folders, blank user options, and usless registry entries. That may be the only thing I dont like.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2010   #1559
logicearth

Windows 10 Pro (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cclloyd9785 View Post
...it gets slower and slower from ghost folders, blank user options, and usless registry entries.
Those do not cause it to slow down.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2010   #1560
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cclloyd9785 View Post
The only thing I dont like with 7 is the only thing I didnt like about any windows OS; As you install and uninstall programs, it gets slower and slower from ghost folders, blank user options, and usless registry entries. That may be the only thing I dont like.
When you uninstall programs, you should use Revo (the free version works only wth x86 program files) to get rid of all the registry entries and files that the uninstaller leaves behind. But you may still end up with a few .dlls that linger.
But those are not really causing a slowdown. The problem is probably with the disk and possible fragmentation and/or just more stuff so that the arm has to travel further thus increasing access time. A similar slowdown is not noticeable with an SSD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 What don't you like about Windows 7?




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:35.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App