Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What don't you like about Windows 7?

21 Aug 2009   #291
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nigsy View Post
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but why when networking 2 W7 pc's do I have to write down the 1000 digit (ok I'm exagerating) code that is given to have to type that into the other PC, can't I save it to floppy or memory stick?? and have it automatically pick it up??

Nigsy

Or Just change it to something easier to deal with

Ken


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Aug 2009   #292
oidicle

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, 7600.20647 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mandlf View Post
Thanks for all of your replies (plus the snark!) but I have that setting checked. (I should have mentioned that, but I thought it was implied since I clearly said I have been using IE8 for months with Vista and did not have this problem prior to W7.)
There seems to be a wave of misunderstandings going on in this thread, the thing I would try and do before replying with a snarky, snooty comment is try and find out if the person chose/selected the right options or something like that... It may happen that you don't have issues on your PC with a certain option but someone else has, one case in point is a post in the "Post your windows 7 desktops" thread, about UxStyle Core not working for some people with even the same build version of windows 7, myself being one of the people, do you guys see what I mean here?

There's no need for that....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2009   #293
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oidicle View Post
... before replying with a snarky, snooty comment is try and find out if the person chose/selected the right options or something like that...
... do you guys see what I mean here?

There's no need for that....
I understand your point, I even agree with you. But it goes also the other way around. The post I replied with a "snarky, snooty comment" stated that Windows 7 is generally not able to do something. What and how he wrote that is simply not true. As a untrue statement the post doesn't belong to this thread where topic is what do you not like about Windows 7 in general.

My comment, a little bit sarcastic I admit, was because of this difference: the issue he said being the reason he doesn't like Windows 7 is not an inability of Windows 7 in general. The poster should IMHO instead start a new topic and tell he has this problem and search for a fix.

I'm trying not to be "snarky and snooty". This time a little bit sarcasm was, in my humble opinion, deserved.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Aug 2009   #294
Delphin

windows 7
 
 

I like windows 7, Because that given me this forum
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2009   #295
oidicle

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, 7600.20647 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
I understand your point, I even agree with you. But it goes also the other way around. The post I replied with a "snarky, snooty comment" stated that Windows 7 is generally not able to do something. What and how he wrote that is simply not true. As a untrue statement the post doesn't belong to this thread where topic is what do you not like about Windows 7 in general.

My comment, a little bit sarcastic I admit, was because of this difference: the issue he said being the reason he doesn't like Windows 7 is not an inability of Windows 7 in general. The poster should IMHO instead start a new topic and tell he has this problem and search for a fix.

I'm trying not to be "snarky and snooty". This time a little bit sarcasm was, in my humble opinion, deserved.

Kari
"kay
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2009   #296
Lanthus20

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
Only thing i don't like about seven is: Windows Media Center. It looks like the one in vista which looks really boring. i just wish they would have made a whole new look.
dont like media center at all. I prefer iTunes (yah, yah, hate on me) I never used it until I got an iPod and now thats all I use
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2009   #297
CrazyAssCanuck

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit RTM
 
 

that i have to 'learn' how to use the new left side folder pane. it looks interesting and is probably much better, but now i need to figure it out.

btw, win7 ultimate is kickass!!
much faster than vista.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2009   #298
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

You'll get it figured out CrazyAssCanuck ... BTW, welcome to the forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2009   #299
CrazyAssCanuck

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit RTM
 
 

hey Jacee,
very cool and informative forum. I'm guessing i will be spending quite some time here, not because of issue with the OS but for the tweaks and info

Cheers from Canada
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2009   #300
holo88

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

greetings from New York

welcome aboard Canuck. btw, were you refering to the 'common tasks' menu?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 What don't you like about Windows 7?




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App