Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What don't you like about Windows 7?

23 Sep 2009   #461
pillainp

Windows 8.1 Professional 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan King View Post
....... I also don't like the lack of the shutdown button on the screen lock page.
Have you seen that thing that looks like a power button at the bottom right of the welcom/lock screen? Try clicking on the arrow next to it...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Sep 2009   #462
pillainp

Windows 8.1 Professional 64-Bit
 
 

Serriously, though, reviewing this thread, why do I get the impression that a lot of the "complaints" are about things that have or never would seriously matter?

Post about what actually makes the OS unusable, rather that about this or that being the wrong color, the wrong size, its blue I want it green, its green why isn't it blue....

The people on here are the best help you will get, short of MS themselves. Be glad thy're this patient with you.


RANT OVER

Separate post, so it can be removed if necessary. Apologies to the mods and all the reasonable people on board.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2009   #463
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

+1 ... Microsoft should have contacted some of these people before finalizing the code!!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Sep 2009   #464
pillainp

Windows 8.1 Professional 64-Bit
 
 

Now I've got a serious problem over here...

Why doesn't this damn thing ever crash, so I can brag about some how great some other OS is????
and I died.

BTW, 7 must be doing something wrong..... I can't see my keyboard in the dark. (That explains all the typos in my previous two posts)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2009   #465
H2SO4

Win7x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
The people on here are the best help you will get, short of MS themselves...
I agree with almost everything you said, except for the statement quoted above. "Official" MS help is frequently nowhere near the level of this forum
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2009   #466
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x3, Ubuntu
 
 

I think the whole point of this thread is to allow users to bemoan the presence, or the lack, of those little stupid things that, as you say, do not really matter

The main forums are available for the serious issues but no OS is perfect - It would cut my work opportunities drastically if they were, but therse always the user errors -

Even those who love windows 7 may have a minor thing that bugs them out of all proportion this thread gives them a chance to air these.

If the problem is solvable quickly then it may be answered here if not it may be raised in a separate thread and hopefully solved there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2009   #467
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x3, Ubuntu
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
The people on here are the best help you will get, short of MS themselves...
I agree with almost everything you said, except for the statement quoted above. "Official" MS help is frequently nowhere near the level of this forum
In addition to this of course is the fact that our independence from Microsoft means that a more balanced approach is often taken. especially in the use of 3rd party solutions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2009   #468
pillainp

Windows 8.1 Professional 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
The people on here are the best help you will get, short of MS themselves...
I agree with almost everything you said, except for the statement quoted above. "Official" MS help is frequently nowhere near the level of this forum
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
I think the whole point of this thread is to allow users to bemoan the presence, or the lack, of those little stupid things that, as you say, do not really matter

The main forums are available for the serious issues but no OS is perfect - It would cut my work opportunities drastically if they were, but therse always the user errors -

Even those who love windows 7 may have a minor thing that bugs them out of all proportion this thread gives them a chance to air these.

If the problem is solvable quickly then it may be answered here if not it may be raised in a separate thread and hopefully solved there.
I do agree with you both there. Its just taht these silly little complaints detract from the real problems.

BTW, here's a screenie for our dear deprted kemo...

7, with Nero transcoding an avi, Maxthon2 (open to these forums), and FF3.5.3 pulling down a file)


Attached Thumbnails
What don't you like about Windows 7?-cpu.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2009   #469
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan King View Post
....... I also don't like the lack of the shutdown button on the screen lock page.
Have you seen that thing that looks like a power button at the bottom right of the welcom/lock screen? Try clicking on the arrow next to it...
-10
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2009   #470
TheSchaft

Windows 7 x64 HP, Windows 7 HP, Windows 7 Ult
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
I think the whole point of this thread is to allow users to bemoan the presence, or the lack, of those little stupid things that, as you say, do not really matter

The main forums are available for the serious issues but no OS is perfect - It would cut my work opportunities drastically if they were, but therse always the user errors -

Even those who love windows 7 may have a minor thing that bugs them out of all proportion this thread gives them a chance to air these.

If the problem is solvable quickly then it may be answered here if not it may be raised in a separate thread and hopefully solved there.
I agree with Barman. The "little thing" that "do not really matter" to one (or more) of us could be a big issue to someone else. If we can help folks get over the "little thing" humps they find in 7, then perhaps the experience will be better for them.

We need to remember that the switch from XP to 7 is going to be traumatic for a lot of folks, and anything that makes it go smoother is a Good Thing. (The Vista folks may not have such a hard time of it.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 What don't you like about Windows 7?




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App