Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What don't you like about Windows 7?

13 Oct 2009   #631
joschw

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JFelgemacher View Post
... If one of my ram cards failed right now, i would still be fine, even if 2gb worth of ram failed right now, i would still get the same performance...
I seriously doubt you would have the same performance, if you continued to run the same applications, the same number of applications, and or multi-task with the same applications. To run at those lower settings, you need to RUN less and DO less. But how useful is that really? I could write up an Operating System that could run on 4 KB of RAM, but that wouldn't be very useful would it?
If one of your RAMS would fail, your system wouldn't boot probably. No matter if you have 4GB or 4MB. Most likely.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
13 Oct 2009   #632
JFelgemacher

Kubuntu 9.10 & Vista home basic
 
 

i wasn't going to get into the useless information of saying "taking the RAM out so it would pass the POST or the S.M.A.R.T" for the fact that it has nothing to do with the O.S. but i guess i will now....=)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2009   #633
joschw

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SquonkSC View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by joschw View Post
Amiga system showed it, how to.

How to, for example play a tune which is a couple of MBs on a PC and not even 100 kB on Amiga (with a lot better quality).
With this last remark you just made a complete fool of yourself, if you didn't already in the previous ones.

Not only does this have nothing to do with the discussion you try to enforce without any technical foundation.

The remark that a 100kb soundfile on a Amiga could provide better quality, than a several mb's one nowadays,
is also the most ridiculous, not to mention untrue, remark I've seen in last few months.

And that is quite an achievement.


You can lead a horse to the water, but it will never be a duck.
I guess you have no idea. You're probably a kid.
Just do some research before you talk with adults.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Oct 2009   #634
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SquonkSC View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by joschw View Post
Amiga system showed it, how to.

How to, for example play a tune which is a couple of MBs on a PC and not even 100 kB on Amiga (with a lot better quality).
With this last remark you just made a complete fool of yourself, if you didn't already in the previous ones.

Not only does this have nothing to do with the discussion you try to enforce without any technical foundation.

The remark that a 100kb soundfile on a Amiga could provide better quality, than a several mb's one nowadays,
is also the most ridiculous, not to mention untrue, remark I've seen in last few months.

And that is quite an achievement.


You can lead a horse to the water, but it will never be a duck.
+1

Well said, SquonkSC.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2009   #635
joschw

 
 

That's how live goes on. Bull****ting. I really don't care. Just hope for your bull****ters that you know what you do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2009   #636
JFelgemacher

Kubuntu 9.10 & Vista home basic
 
 

now, now. there is no point in flaming. this is for debating.
As for josh, thats great but it has little to do with what we are talking about. even if you can do that (i don't doubt it, with the right code in the right language you can do anything) it still doesn't allow you to use the larger programs.

@SquonkSC everyone has there methods and opinions. it may be better suited for his standards and not yours. no need to flame.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2009   #637
Antman

 

The flame has been extinguished.

I don't like the fact that I had to unseal my Signature Edition 32-bit DVD to get the key for my 64-bit install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #638
Carl Forster

Vista Ult 64 bit
 
 
You want spec;s and problems...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
The flame has been extinguished.

I don't like the fact that I had to unseal my Signature Edition 32-bit DVD to get the key for my 64-bit install.
My system specs and gripes...

And WIN7 will not even see my RAID and setup why....

And just to cap my Gripes WHERE IS THE "CLASSIC" and usual START as it was in VISTA. not to mention the changed interface???

WIN 7 is a no go for me and my users all have the same problem.

And judging from you comments you will just keep paying MS

Regards Carl



OSWhat's your OS? Please state which flavor of Vista you are running and if it is x64 or 32bit. e.g. Vista Ultimate x64, Vista Home Premium 32bit.
CPU
Motherboard
Memory
Graphics Card(s)
Sound Card
Monitor(s) Displays
Screen Resolution
Hard Drivesc: 320GB Seagate SATA single PlatterRAID not installed setup yet 4 x SATA Seagate NQV 250Mb drivesExternal Seagate 320 Welland SATA
PSU
Case
Cooling
Keyboard
Mouse
Internet Speed
Other InfoThis is a custom system that I researched and built
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #639
H2SO4

Win7x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Carl Forster View Post
And just to cap my Gripes WHERE IS THE "CLASSIC" and usual START as it was in VISTA. not to mention the changed interface???
One may agree or disagree with your sentiments towards the non-classic menu, but there's no faulting your dedication to the cause. 5/5 posts so far all mention the same thing

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Carl Forster View Post
WIN 7 is a no go for me and my users all have the same problem.
They all refuse to use the non-classic start menu? It really is quite uncanny that such a homogenous group of old start menu afficionados would be located in Napier, NZ. Great town by the way! One of my favourite places on the North Island.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #640
sup3rsprt

XP, Seven, 2008R2
 
 

lol @ Classic start menu

I hope the folks at MS are reading this thread. Although chances are they wouldn't actually incorporate any of our wishes until Windows 8.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 What don't you like about Windows 7?




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App