Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What don't you like about Windows 7?

15 Oct 2009   #671
sagebrushfire

Windows 7 Ultimate/XP SP3
 
 

Okay so I've found Solutions to almost all the problems I previously had.

I just have one major peeve: NO FLOATING TOOLBARS.

What was the point of getting rid of this? What did it hurt? I have a lot of programs I use infrequently enough to not want them on my taskbar but frequently enough that I don't want to use the start menu.

I liked having a floating toolbar so I could always see them on my desktop. Having a regular drop-down toolbar works but it's super lame.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Oct 2009   #672
JayLovesKases

Windows 7 (Ultimate 64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SquonkSC View Post
Check out this brilliant site.
hack7mc.com
thanks for the link, i'll be sure to check it out!
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by musiclover7 View Post
I find KMplayer to be the best media player replacement out there. Simple, yet does it all.. VLC is another good choice, but not as good as Kmplayer imo.
kmplayer is my all time 2nd favorite player right after gomplayer. but it's uselss on windows7 64bit. just read up on it on my little review:
Jay's Little Online World

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sagebrushfire View Post
I just have one major peeve: NO FLOATING TOOLBARS.
hasn't that always been an add on? just add it to windows 7. i don't really see a point in it though, especially now with the new and improved toolbar. just add everything in there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #673
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JayLovesKases View Post
...kmplayer is my all time 2nd favorite player right after gomplayer. but it's uselss on windows7 64bit. just read up on it on my little review:
Jay's Little Online World...
i would have to disagree with you - kmplayer may be useless on your 64 bit system, but please do not generalise - it works completely fine here, and has played everything i have thrown at it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Oct 2009   #674
JayLovesKases

Windows 7 (Ultimate 64)
 
 

are you serious?

sorry for the generalization, i didn't think it was my system that wasn't fit, so excuse my assumption. what could be the difference between our 2 systems though?

are you using any codec packs? because it failed me over and over again, and crashed on 5 different clips. plus it,,,before i break this all down again. can you just read my blog: that would save me a whole lot of time:
Jay's Little Online World scroll to the kmplayer part.

and please do tell me what codec packs you have installed. kmplayer always was the prettiest player in my opinion so if i can get it to work somehow that would be amazing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #675
CGA1

Windows 7 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mickey megabyte View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JayLovesKases View Post
...kmplayer is my all time 2nd favorite player right after gomplayer. but it's uselss on windows7 64bit. just read up on it on my little review:
Jay's Little Online World...
i would have to disagree with you - kmplayer may be useless on your 64 bit system, but please do not generalise - it works completely fine here, and has played everything i have thrown at it.
As it does here, with no codec packs whatsoever.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #676
GailLA

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

That it hasn't been released yet. This waiting to buy a new laptop with it pre-installed is hard.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #677
sagebrushfire

Windows 7 Ultimate/XP SP3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JayLovesKases View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sagebrushfire View Post
I just have one major peeve: NO FLOATING TOOLBARS.
hasn't that always been an add on? just add it to windows 7. i don't really see a point in it though, especially now with the new and improved toolbar. just add everything in there.
What on earth are you talking about? Since when has that ever been an addon?

Find a computer with XP. Drag a folder from the desktop to the edge of the screen and let go. POOF! That's what I'm talking about.

I would gladly add them all to the toolbar except I have about 30 programs and they don't fit on the toolbar unless I use tiny icons I can't even see. That's why I usually have an EXTRA bar for them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #678
Joan Archer

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32 bit/Windows 10 64bit
 
 

SquonkSC I know it's the 21st Century but not all of us have 22" monitors, I only have a 17" wide screen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #679
sagebrushfire

Windows 7 Ultimate/XP SP3
 
 

^ I only have a 17 inch monitor as well. I can't afford to get a newer one yet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #680
logicearth

Windows 10 Pro (x64)
 
 

* has a 17" monitor too....but is 1920x1200 *
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 What don't you like about Windows 7?




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:47.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App