Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Not able to delete folder..Plz help

22 Aug 2011   #1
paragdharurkar

windows 7 ultimate
 
 
Not able to delete folder..Plz help

Hello all,

I am using win 7 . I have installed updates for same. After update i hv observered that there are folders name like " 8c3649242c5f5bfe0f4045a93f ".
i want to delete them but i am getting an error that " you required permission to perform this task."

and i am single user on this system.

Plz help ....

Thx :)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Aug 2011   #2
TanyaC

Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon | Win 7 Ult x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paragdharurkar View Post
Hello all,

I am using win 7 . I have installed updates for same. After update i hv observered that there are folders name like " 8c3649242c5f5bfe0f4045a93f ".
i want to delete them but i am getting an error that " you required permission to perform this task."

and i am single user on this system.

Plz help ....

Thx :)
Happens to me overy so often. Try this,

Right click folder, properties, click security tab, click advanced, click owner, edit, set ownership to you, tick replace owner on subcontainers and objects, click OK then see if you can delete the folder.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2011   #3
Mosharino

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
 
 

They are locked by the OS, and they are the randomly generated folders that are left over from the updates.

I would try restarting and one of two things should happen

1, the OS will automatically delete them.
2, It should release the lock on them so that you can.

I have seen them from time to time on my system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Aug 2011   #4
Mosharino

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tanyam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paragdharurkar View Post
Hello all,

I am using win 7 . I have installed updates for same. After update i hv observered that there are folders name like " 8c3649242c5f5bfe0f4045a93f ".
i want to delete them but i am getting an error that " you required permission to perform this task."

and i am single user on this system.

Plz help ....

Thx :)
Happens to me overy so often. Try this,

Right click folder, properties, click security tab, click advanced, click owner, edit, set ownership to you, tick replace owner on subcontainers and objects, click OK then see if you can delete the folder.

That would have being my other suggestion!!! :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2011   #5
paragdharurkar

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

Hello Tanyam,
It worked....thx for ur valuable tips.
thx again

and thx mosharino .......
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2011   #6
TanyaC

Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon | Win 7 Ult x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paragdharurkar View Post
Hello Tanyam,
It worked....thx for ur valuable tips.
thx again

and thx mosharino .......
Excellent! Glad to be of help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Not able to delete folder..Plz help




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
'Folder in use!' message, I can't delete/move this folder, help!
'Folder in use! The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program. Close the folder and try again.' This is the message I get, I want to delete the folder since I no longer need it. The folder contains ScpControl.dll and.ScpService.exe. I haven't found...
General Discussion
HELP Me delete this Folder Please
Hi i have a folder that will not let me delete it, I have tried to change permissions but do not really know what I am doing so any advice would help.
General Discussion
Not able to delete folder in folder infinite structure.
I was using Netbeans IDE and xampp, It crashed when I moved a project using its function, and when I checked out the folder it had infinite folder in folder structure. Its not possible to delete it , I can not open more than below . . ...
General Discussion
Can't Delete Folder
I keep getting this error when I try to deleted the folder; I unchecked and applied Read Only, but the box stayed checked like that. I'm logged in as myself, which is an administrator account
General Discussion
Can't delete a folder
Whatever I try, I cannot delete this folder. I've tried to rename it, added files to it, safe mode, nothing works. I might have to format the partition. Any ideas?
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:49.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App