Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: "Consider Replacing Your Battery"

09 May 2010   #101
peterjaena

Windows Vista SP2
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by peterjaena View Post
PLEASE provide us some answer. What can we do to fix this problem. It is even better if you will replace all our batteries!"
Replace your battery or talk to the original manufacture of your computer. The battery says it is dieing so there is only one logical solution, replace the battery. Why is that so hard to understand?
It's not the solution. Replacing the battery, and then have it die on you again after a few weeks. Rather annoying don't you think? Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Oh btw, I did replace the battery. But went back to VISTA until this bug is resolved.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 May 2010   #102
peterjaena

Windows Vista SP2
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by peterjaena View Post
PLEASE provide us some answer. What can we do to fix this problem. It is even better if you will replace all our batteries!"
Replace your battery or talk to the original manufacture of your computer. The battery says it is dieing so there is only one logical solution, replace the battery. Why is that so hard to understand?
And oh btw Mr. Logicearth.... Why did you put this quote under my username? I did not make this statement.... You're in to misquoting people now? Tsk tsk tsk.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 May 2010   #103
macgyver2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I love all this tech talk with nothing to back it up. If I could go back in time I could 100% prove windows 7 is the issue. I had a battery that had about 93% capacity left. I would get about 2 hours 36 mins of charge. I turned on my laptop to come here and read and unplugged, I was given a warning to pug in before the battery ran out. I looked at battery care and had 100% charge. so I ignored it. The battery is now dead. I bought a new one and have run tests on the dead one, the chips inside are now bad but the chemicals still have 93% capacity according to the chemical expert I gave it to. He called HP to see if they knew anything and of course denied it. After about 40 mins of BS we both heard someone in the background offer to replace my battery free of charge to end the call. Why would they say that?

So if anyone can prove to me it wasn't software related with proof I will be amazed.

If I could safely send my old battery to all the doubter I would just so they could also have a chemical analysis done which proves its not the battery.


We are currently sending the battery to an independent lab to see that his test are indeed correct and that its not "normal" for this battery to report that it can't hold a charge any more. when I get the official report I will scan and post the results.

Oh and someone said batteries get 8 hours, please tell me where to buy one cause there hasn't been a single laptop (not netbook) that I have ever seen with that kinda time on it. I have a 12 cell battery and with settings set to max out time I still only get 5.5 hours. I had to buy this from Aiptek since I don't trust HP batteries.

this problem is real and its related to windows 7 no matter if people want to admit it or not and if I could prove my battery was fine with XP down graded from Vista then the 7 and then this issue happened I would.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 May 2010   #104
peterjaena

Windows Vista SP2
 
 

"Oh and someone said batteries get 8 hours, please tell me where to buy one cause there hasn't been a single laptop (not netbook) that I have ever seen with that kinda time on it. I have a 12 cell battery and with settings set to max out time I still only get 5.5 hours. I had to buy this from Aiptek since I don't trust HP batteries."

It's not exactly the batteries bro. It's the laptop itself. Acer's Timeline series lasts up to 8hrs+. Asus, Lenovo etc etc all have 8hr capable laptops now, running on Intel CULV chips. Cheers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 May 2010   #105
peterjaena

Windows Vista SP2
 
 

Found a facebook group dedicated to this problem. So to those who are actually looking for a solution, rather than just hearing it's a "your hardware" problem... better go to that page instead.

Microsoft, Fix the Windows 7 "Consider replacing your battery bug" | Facebook
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2010   #106
WindowsStar

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

I now have this battery problem as well. UGH!

I have an Acer Aspire 3000 I bought with Windows XP a few years ago. I has run perfectly for those years until 6 months ago when the original battery died. I use this for school so I use it a lot. I purchased a new battery not cheap ($150 USD) but I wanted a good one this laptop is in perfect condition and runs well. I am taking CS so I need a Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 classes. I figured I would update my laptop to Windows 7 Ultimate for my classes. I wiped my Windows XP drive clean and installed Windows 7 Ultimate clean on the machine. Which has been working perfectly for 6 weeks. Never an issue until 3 weeks ago the machine states my battery is bad. I called the place where I bought the battery and they said they would replace it. I put the battery in and 3 weeks later you got it bad battery. This machine never had an issue with Windows XP and the battery. The place I bought the battery from will not give me another new battery. They tell me that have never had problems with these batteries until recently and the machines loaded with Windows 7. They are now telling me if a customer calls and says the battery is bad and they are using Windows 7 the warranty is VOID. If the battery companies are now doing this there may be a problem with Windows 7. I hope MS will get to the bottom of this. I can't afford to buy a new laptop for school so now I make sure I sit next to the wall with an electrical outlet so my laptop is plugged in. UGH!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2010   #107
paradoxni

Windows 7 RC 7264
 
 

Would this cause other OS's to report a problem as well? I had win7 on since beta, then a few months ago switched to ubuntu - which reports my battery has problems now! reinstalled win7 last night and its also telling me it needs replaced. Could Win7 have broken the battery permanently so that
ubuntu is telling me the same or is it more likely my battery is just passed its best!?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2010   #108
peterjaena

Windows Vista SP2
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WindowsStar View Post
I now have this battery problem as well. UGH!

I have an Acer Aspire 3000 I bought with Windows XP a few years ago. I has run perfectly for those years until 6 months ago when the original battery died. I use this for school so I use it a lot. I purchased a new battery not cheap ($150 USD) but I wanted a good one this laptop is in perfect condition and runs well. I am taking CS so I need a Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 classes. I figured I would update my laptop to Windows 7 Ultimate for my classes. I wiped my Windows XP drive clean and installed Windows 7 Ultimate clean on the machine. Which has been working perfectly for 6 weeks. Never an issue until 3 weeks ago the machine states my battery is bad. I called the place where I bought the battery and they said they would replace it. I put the battery in and 3 weeks later you got it bad battery. This machine never had an issue with Windows XP and the battery. The place I bought the battery from will not give me another new battery. They tell me that have never had problems with these batteries until recently and the machines loaded with Windows 7. They are now telling me if a customer calls and says the battery is bad and they are using Windows 7 the warranty is VOID. If the battery companies are now doing this there may be a problem with Windows 7. I hope MS will get to the bottom of this. I can't afford to buy a new laptop for school so now I make sure I sit next to the wall with an electrical outlet so my laptop is plugged in. UGH!!!
Careful saying it's the OS, WindowStar..... "LOGICEARTH" will again preach to all of us an OS will never damage hardware, since he knows everything.... hehehe.

Bummer huh? Guess you'd have to do what I did, get another battery and go back to XP or Vista... AGAIN, like I said on previous posts. NOT ALL laptops are affected, out of my 4, only 1 has this problem. Only my Acer timeline. Not my HP Mini, Acer Aspire One, Lenovo X61. Because I keep on reading posts that they're laptops has no problems. That does not mean this Win7 problem does not exist.. IT DOES, period.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2010   #109
peterjaena

Windows Vista SP2
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paradoxni View Post
Would this cause other OS's to report a problem as well? I had win7 on since beta, then a few months ago switched to ubuntu - which reports my battery has problems now! reinstalled win7 last night and its also telling me it needs replaced. Could Win7 have broken the battery permanently so that
ubuntu is telling me the same or is it more likely my battery is just passed its best!?
Yes, it would unfortunately. The problem is irreversible. I tried it, once it's damaged, you can't bring it back.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2010   #110
WindowsStar

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by peterjaena View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WindowsStar View Post
I now have this battery problem as well. UGH!

I have an Acer Aspire 3000 I bought with Windows XP a few years ago. I has run perfectly for those years until 6 months ago when the original battery died. I use this for school so I use it a lot. I purchased a new battery not cheap ($150 USD) but I wanted a good one this laptop is in perfect condition and runs well. I am taking CS so I need a Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 classes. I figured I would update my laptop to Windows 7 Ultimate for my classes. I wiped my Windows XP drive clean and installed Windows 7 Ultimate clean on the machine. Which has been working perfectly for 6 weeks. Never an issue until 3 weeks ago the machine states my battery is bad. I called the place where I bought the battery and they said they would replace it. I put the battery in and 3 weeks later you got it bad battery. This machine never had an issue with Windows XP and the battery. The place I bought the battery from will not give me another new battery. They tell me that have never had problems with these batteries until recently and the machines loaded with Windows 7. They are now telling me if a customer calls and says the battery is bad and they are using Windows 7 the warranty is VOID. If the battery companies are now doing this there may be a problem with Windows 7. I hope MS will get to the bottom of this. I can't afford to buy a new laptop for school so now I make sure I sit next to the wall with an electrical outlet so my laptop is plugged in. UGH!!!
Careful saying it's the OS, WindowStar..... "LOGICEARTH" will again preach to all of us an OS will never damage hardware, since he knows everything.... hehehe.

Bummer huh? Guess you'd have to do what I did, get another battery and go back to XP or Vista... AGAIN, like I said on previous posts. NOT ALL laptops are affected, out of my 4, only 1 has this problem. Only my Acer timeline. Not my HP Mini, Acer Aspire One, Lenovo X61. Because I keep on reading posts that they're laptops has no problems. That does not mean this Win7 problem does not exist.. IT DOES, period.
<smile> I did say maybe there is a problem with Windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 "Consider Replacing Your Battery"




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
False "Low Battery Alarm" with after-market battery - Dell Studio
Hello, Sorry for being away from posting on the forum since a long time, though I have been visiting the forum lot many times, without logging in - mainly through Google search. That shows how effective the website really is. Since some time a very persistent error has been bothering me and...
Hardware & Devices
Charging "Consider replacing your battery"
I have had this Acer Aspire Laptop (Win7) for less than two years. Yesterday it had an update session, after which I had to restart it 2 or 3 times, as the programs would not respond. Since that I had not shut down my computer. (Not being plugged in right now) This morning at 7:45 am I open it,...
General Discussion
"Internal battery" notices..what problems could a low battery cause?
Okay, so I've been having a few programs with my computer...this including slowness, poor wifi connections, and odd performance of wacom tablets. The problems with a tablet are described in more detail here-->...
Performance & Maintenance
My Laptop says "Consider Replacing Your Battery"?
I turned on my laptop and the battery icon has a x over it and says "Consider Replacing Your Battery" and below it says "There is a problem with your battery, so your computer might shut down suddenly" What should I do? I'm fine if I have to leave it plugged in to use it if that matters lol. Thanks
Hardware & Devices
Error "Consider Replacing Your Battery" Appears in Windows 7
Hello, i have the windows 7 battery problem i don't i know if it has been fixed yet but i've had my HP ProBook 4710s for about a 9 months now and about a month or 2 ago i saw this red cross on my battery icon and a error message when i click on the battery saying "There is a problem with your...
General Discussion
"Consider Replacing your battery"
I have a brand new custom built HP HDX16t (Yes they stopped making those) but i bought it back in October 2009. Apparently windows thinks my battery is dead but its brand new! I do have my HP under warranty. I think i might just go linux if this is windows 7 issue. Should of got a macbook...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App