Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How to format HDD containnign OS window 7

08 Oct 2011   #1
atran

window 7 home 32 bit
 
 
How to format HDD containnign OS window 7

Please help to format HDD containning os window 7

want to format DISK 0 in snap shot

Thanks




Attached Thumbnails
How to format HDD containnign OS window 7-untitled.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Oct 2011   #2
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Hi,

Can you tell us what grmchpfreo_en_dvd is?

Regards,
Golden
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Oct 2011   #3
vikash123

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and ubuntu 11.10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by atran View Post
Please help to format HDD containning os window 7

want to format DISK 0 in snap shot

Thanks
Boot with windows 7 installation disk. Continue with installation as normally but at the time when it asks for upgrade or advanced. Choose advanced edit your partitions. select HDD and click on format at lower end of screen. that's it. all data in disk 0 will be lost permanently.
CAUTION: It seems that you have installed windows 7 or any other windows OS on that partition. Formatting a drive containing OS can cause Boot errors. Do you know about these things if not then be confirmed before continuing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Oct 2011   #4
atran

window 7 home 32 bit
 
 

You are correct I have os window 7 on Disk 1 (partition).
is there any issue on booting or start when I format DISK 0.

THANKS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Oct 2011   #5
Bill2

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

@Golden, GRMCHPFREO_EN_DVD is the official name/label of win7 home premium oem english x86 dvd.

@atran, what do you plan to install on disk 0 and how?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Oct 2011   #6
atran

window 7 home 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Hi,

Can you tell us what grmchpfreo_en_dvd is?

Regards,
Golden

This is DVD ROM. somehow it has weir name
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Oct 2011   #7
atran

window 7 home 32 bit
 
 

Thanks bill,

I will leave win7 os there and boot my pc from there.
create couple clean partitions on DISK 1.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Oct 2011   #8
atran

window 7 home 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vikash123 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by atran View Post
Please help to format HDD containning os window 7

want to format DISK 0 in snap shot

Thanks
Boot with windows 7 installation disk. Continue with installation as normally but at the time when it asks for upgrade or advanced. Choose advanced edit your partitions. select HDD and click on format at lower end of screen. that's it. all data in disk 0 will be lost permanently.
CAUTION: It seems that you have installed windows 7 or any other windows OS on that partition. Formatting a drive containing OS can cause Boot errors. Do you know about these things if not then be confirmed before continuing.
Thank you, I plan to format disk 0 then create couple partitions then reinstall window 7 in one of partition. Please tell me any issue
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Oct 2011   #9
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Thanks Bill.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How to format HDD containnign OS window 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
File format changed into other format after format a hard drive
Hi everyone, I recently accidentally formatted a hard drive. So, I quickly install a file recovery software (EaseUS Data Recovery). Then the result shows that most of SWF files are big in size. I think that lots of my files have been converted or combine with other files. So, how do I recover my...
Hardware & Devices
How to Format My window 7 ultimate x64 ?
How to Format My window 7 ultimate x64 , i need to format because there's too much stuff on my pc
Installation & Setup
How to Format Window 7 ?
i need some help how to format window 7 using usb ? :)
Installation & Setup
Window is unable to format USB flash
i was installing window XP and my usb was attached to it. i formatted my usb flash along with hard-disk. After installing window i plug it out. Since then i am unable to use my USB on window 7 and Window xp. When ever i insert usb, it says that window has to format it. but when i start...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App