Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Seven or XP?

View Poll Results: What you choose?
Seven (don't choose only because you use it at the moment) 211 87.92%
XP 29 12.08%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

06 Aug 2009   #151
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ChuckR View Post
Benchmarks are not about 'fairness' - They're about "what-is".

XP + SP3, is.

XP + SP2, is.

XP + SP1, is, and so are all the rest, on down...

If people choose to, they can "benchmark" any version of Windows 7, from build 7600 (the 'real' thing) ,
down through 7100, Beta, or whatever the hell they want to.

"Benchmarks" have always been biased, one way or the other,
usually by the "Independent Agency" conducting the "benchmark".

Most people do not have the 'technical expertise' to initiate their own,
nor do they have knowledge or resources to pit one against the other, keeping all things equal.

You neglect to acknowledge the fact that the "3SPs + 9 years of refinement" heavily contributed to the development of the "Pre-Release OS".

Your post of "non-information" makes one assume that the XP operating system fared better than the competitor.

I haven't read any of the re-iterations , but I certainly do fit into the category of "...yet people still don't get it".
XP and 7 are two completey different OSes, both under the hood and in appearence. XP had a 5.x kernel while Vista and 7 share the 6.x kernel. If you said that Vista heavily contributed to the development of 7 than you would be absolutely correct...remember than even Vista wasn't based on XP as that development was reset. You want me to list out benchmarks here but why should I waste time..."Windows XP SP2 vs Windows Vista SP2 vs Windows 7 RTM" in google will get you all the information you want


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Aug 2009   #152
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc
Why are you here,...
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ten
Why? Do I bother you?
Don't look a contrarian in the mind's eye.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2009   #153
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
OK, I will play. I use XP and Win7 everyday. I simply do not experience a difference in performance or stability. Both are equally responsive. The tasks that I use each for are accomplished equally.

I ran a couple of different benchmarks on XP in the past. Each time I got similar results - "That's interesting and nearly meaningless information with no practical application." Benchmarking hardware is a different matter.

Maybe, I don't get it.

Just a pun, Z.
lmao I was wondering when you were going to jump in on this Antman
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Aug 2009   #154
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ten View Post
Author: Randall C. Kennedy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2009   #155
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Author: Randall C. Kennedy
lmao...that is funny that members posted news from him...remember folks he is extrmeley biased about XP and haas been known to post bogus articles...just check the forums on his supposed showstopper bug that would prevent 7 from being released...a chkdsk error that really doesn't exist
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2009   #156
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Author: Randall C. Kennedy
And we all know that's a reputable source ...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2009   #157
masterB

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
And we all know that's a reputable source ...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2009   #158
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noyb View Post
Trying to figure out how to hack W7 to put all the good XP tools back in ..
that M$ doesn't seem to think we need.
Two hacked - several more to go.
1. You are misusing my quote. I didn't ask you but "zero man".

2. If you succeeded with those two builds, what exactly is your problem?, Maybe I can help you?

3. Installing Win7, not liking it but staying with it nevertheless, subscribing to sevenforum, post your grievances with win7, glorifying XP, but still sticking with Win7, seems kind of stupid to me, not to mention "not helpful" and kind of "insulting" to the people doing hard work in here to help others.

It looks a bit like:
"crapping on the porch of your neighbor and ringing the doorbell to ask for toilet paper"

note:
If you didn't post any negative comments for the soul purpose of being negative,
then point 3. does not apply to you.

greetz


.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2009   #159
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
lmao I was wondering when you were going to jump in on this Antman
I think you are misinterpreting one aspect of something ChuckR said.

...You neglect to acknowledge the fact that the "3SPs + 9 years of refinement" heavily contributed to the development of the "Pre-Release OS"...

I read, Windows 7 a new bag of candy. A variation on a theme.

On the surface, it may seem that ChuckR is hitting you a bit too hard, he is not. He is hitting you on the wrong cheek. ChuckR argues that Windows is Windows, built on a compromised technology.

In a manner of speaking, most of the respondents are describing a building that they have studied by looking out the window(s).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2009   #160
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
I think you are misinterpreting one aspect of something ChuckR said.

...You neglect to acknowledge the fact that the "3SPs + 9 years of refinement" heavily contributed to the development of the "Pre-Release OS"...

I read, Windows 7 a new bag of candy. A variation on a theme.

On the surface, it may seem that ChuckR is hitting you a bit too hard, he is not. He is hitting you on the wrong cheek. ChuckR argues that Windows is Windows, built on a compromised technology.

In a manner of speaking, most of the respondents are describing a building that they have studied by looking out the window(s).
I see your argument there and can see how that statement could have been applied
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Seven or XP?




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:32.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App