Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Slipstream New Updates Into RTM ISO

07 Aug 2009   #21
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Generator View Post
Didn't mean it in a bad way or owt Z, just thought you'd be ditching VLite by now thats all... I've had bad experiences with the 'Lite' set of tools like policies doing there own thing and other weird stuff.
The interesting thing about the way my tools will work is that it will use vLite but only as a crap cleaner...I do all the package/feature removal...vLite cleans up the left over files and disables menu entires for features. Service disable and enable are also done with vLite. ImageX, DISM, and vLite are a really strong team for this. Who knows if I develop this long enough I might ditch vLite altogether and make ZLite into a full app


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
07 Aug 2009   #22
septprince

Window 7 build 7600, Xp pro(VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
The interesting thing about the way my tools will work is that it will use vLite but only as a crap cleaner...I do all the package/feature removal...vLite cleans up the left over files and disables menu entires for features. Service disable and enable are also done with vLite. ImageX, DISM, and vLite are a really strong team for this. Who knows if I develop this long enough I might ditch vLite altogether and make ZLite into a full app
Best of luck....:)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #23
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by septprince View Post
Best of luck....:)
Version 1 of my tools (made in collaboration with liquid) is what built Media Edition and Elite Edition...I am making v2 feature complete and suitable for public release
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Aug 2009   #24
Generator

XP Pro SP3 x86/Vista SP2 x64/Win7 x64 Triple-boot
 
 

Fair enough then matey, but I'd seriously try and ditch it (vLite) soon just so you and everyone else knows exactly whats there and whats not, just my opinion..

"Service disable and enable are also done with vLite" - scares me slightly though!
Is it actually removing the bits or just disabling them because if it's just turning em off then using the $OEM$ folder on the disc with a small batch would serve better use. (which is the dir for installing extra drivers etc during setup...)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #25
septprince

Window 7 build 7600, Xp pro(VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Version 1 of my tools (made in collaboration with liquid) is what built Media Edition and Elite Edition...I am making v2 feature complete and suitable for public release
so when can we download it???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #26
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by septprince View Post
so when can we download it???
Well to honor the release of the RTM it will probably be over the weekend...hell if I can get some peace and quiet from the family tomorrow than it might be released tomorrow.

To Generator: If nuhi would just release the source than all would be fine
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #27
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Generator View Post
Fair enough then matey, but I'd seriously try and ditch it (vLite) soon just so you and everyone else knows exactly whats there and whats not, just my opinion..

"Service disable and enable are also done with vLite" - scares me slightly though!
Is it actually removing the bits or just disabling them because if it's just turning em off then using the $OEM$ folder on the disc with a small batch would serve better use. (which is the dir for installing extra drivers etc during setup...)
I'll be looking into that...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #28
chuckr

XP_Pro, W7_7201, W7RC.vhd, SciLinux5.3, Fedora12, Fedora9_2x, OpenSolaris_09-06
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
To Generator: If nuhi would just release the source than all would be fine
If Microsoft would just release their source, things would be

MUCH, MUCH, mo' better!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #29
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ChuckR View Post
If Microsoft would just release their source, things would be

MUCH, MUCH, mo' better!
The things I could do to Windows is she would just open up....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #30
chuckr

XP_Pro, W7_7201, W7RC.vhd, SciLinux5.3, Fedora12, Fedora9_2x, OpenSolaris_09-06
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
The things I could do to Windows is she would just open up....
How about:

Scaling up the 'NT kernel' in Windows 7 to 256 processors?

David Cutler, one of the world's greatest software engineers, wrote the "NT scheduler"

for a relatively small number of processors (like 64)...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Slipstream New Updates Into RTM ISO




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
how to integrate/slipstream new updates
I'm new to this and to Win7, my terminology may not be accurate. For the first time, yesterday I created custom media for installing Win7 and used it successfully. It was really easy. Essentially, I created and executed a slip.cmd file. The file contained various dism commands. My approach...
Installation & Setup
Slipstream Windows 7/SP1 ISO W/ All Updates
I have taken to installing Windows 10 via a Fresh Install of Win7 as a precursor to installing Win10 The biggest problem has been doing an FnR (Format & Reinstall) of Windows 7 as a precursor to installing Windows 10... Oh my gods, the Windows 7 UPDATE Server takes FOREVER!! So, what I...
Installation & Setup
Slipstream updates and SP1 to Office 2013
plan to deploy office 2013 on multiple computers with windows 8.1 and would like to save the effort of updating them one by one later. Also, I would like to save SSD space on the machines and NOT bloat the windows/installer folder with never-used update .msi-s and .msp-s. My questions are: 1....
Microsoft Office
Best Way to Slipstream Windows Updates (Win7)
I downloaded RT7Lite and all Windows Updates released since 5-13-2014 using the Windows Update Downloader. Can I simply use the integrate option to slipstream all of the files I downloaded with the downloader? There are a mix of .exe and .msu files. I read that some updates are prerequisite...
Windows Updates & Activation
Slipstream updates into Windows 7 AIO ISO
Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to slipstream SP1 plus post-SP1 updates into an All in one Windows 7 ISO that includes all editions of Windows 7 x64 and x86 architectures. I appreciate any help :)
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51.
Twitter Facebook Google+