Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Why "System Type" says 32 bit OS?

09 Aug 2009   #21
Antman

 

For the same reason he doesn't go to the assembly plant to see how a car is built - it doesn't make any difference.

Besides, my admiration for Kari being a nut is not based on his ethics - it is based on his demonstrative self-respect.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Aug 2009   #22
petrossa

vista x64/ win 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
I know this kind of behavior makes me seem like a nutcase in the eyes of the majority of this community,

Kari
Sure does in mine
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2009   #23
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dook View Post
@Kari

Are you going to purchase Windows 7? If so then why would you not try the builds inbetween to watch how the product develops?

In my mind, with the intention of purchasing windows 7, I can't see a problem with using leaked builds.
I did explain the reason. I do not use any version of Windows 7 which is not officially released, nor have I ever used with earlier Windows version leeks. I don't criticize other users trying different leaks as they develop. It just doesn't suit me. Besides, my RC build 7100 runs smoothly and without problems, doing what it is supposed to do.

In Antman's words: "If it isn't broke, don't fix it".

Edit: Yes, I'm going to buy it. I've ordered 4 pieces of boxed retail Windows 7, two Ultimate, one Home Premium and one Starter

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
For the same reason he doesn't go to the assembly plant to see how a car is built - it doesn't make any difference.

Besides, my admiration for Kari being a nut is not based on his ethics - it is based on his demonstrative self-respect.
Unexpected. Thank you.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by petrossa View Post
Sure does in mine
I knew that!

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Aug 2009   #24
petrossa

vista x64/ win 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post

I knew that!

Kari


i rest my case
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2009   #25
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by petrossa View Post
i rest my case
The Greatest National Shame, IMHO
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2009   #26
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by petrossa View Post
i rest my case
Isn't that video from the Star Trek episode where Archer jumped the shark?



For the young ones
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2009   #27
The Blessed One

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Did you notice the word "LEGAL" there in my post? RC build 7100 is the latest build you can obtain free completely legally. Later builds are leaks.

I am one of those "idiots" who refuse to use any software, application or OS that is not 100% legal. For this reason I do not give tips telling where to get or how to find Windows 7 that is not officially released by Microsoft.

I know this kind of behavior makes me seem like a nutcase in the eyes of the majority of this community, but I am not willing to change the way I think only to please others.

Kari
IMHO I find this over-the-top.

I have already purchased Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium so I don't see any reason to not download the RTM of Home Prem. now. At worst, it's free advertising for Microsoft.

If you want to talk about what's right and what's wrong, lets start with Microsoft. I bet if I googled 'microsoft's unfair practices' you would get thousands of factual reports of the dirty things hidden in their closets. And yet you say you don't use anything 100% illegal; surely if your that virtuous you would stay away from such a 'big bad' company called Microsoft?

It's sad that most people/media/companies always talk about pirates, but when it's time to talk about themselves, they hide. I don't condone piracy, I also don't condone unethical behaviour by companies, I am simply saying that if you payed for Win7 yet think it's 'bad' to download the RTM. Then you should really consider switching to Linux. That way you can be sure that the developer is virtuous, doesn't have any secrets in their closets. Or you could always join a peace movement. I don't intend to be rude in this post, just giving my honest opinion.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2009   #28
Antman

 

Let us not fault a man for his ethics. No one has questioned yours. You have palced a character fault on "most people here.. they hide..." Of course, that is not rude. It is unfounded.

Beware the wwood stick.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2009   #29
The Blessed One

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Let us not fault a man for his ethics. No one has questioned yours. You have palced a character fault on "most people here.. they hide..." Of course, that is not rude. It is unfounded.

Beware the wwood stick.
Lol I meant most people, not most people here because almost everyone here has the RTM! I have changed that. I must have missed this wwood stick! I was just giving my opinion, again my intentions were not to be rude.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2009   #30
petrossa

vista x64/ win 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Let us not fault a man for his ethics. No one has questioned yours. You have palced a character fault on "most people here.. they hide..." Of course, that is not rude. It is, however, unfounded.

Beware the wwood stick.
Sound advice. Your reputation will turn red.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Why "System Type" says 32 bit OS?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
bsod copying files from "c" to "d" drive and system lock ups
Hi New installation of windows 7 ultimate 32bit and on trying to copy a 38gb folder from c drive to d drive, pc gives bsod. Lately playing world of tanks is resulting in system lock ups,please can anyone help Frosty
BSOD Help and Support
Cant find "System Image" of 36 GB but its shows on "Manage Disc Space"
Dear Experts, I have created windows image on Drive F: but delete it after some time manually due to some space prob. But while backup shows about 40 GB only few GB space got free after deletion. When i try to again take the the backup using windows 7 backup & restore option, its still shows 35...
Backup and Restore
Can't ID driverless devices "Base System Device" and "Broadcom USH"
There are 2 devices in the "Device Manager" that do not have drivers installed. I just did a clean install of Window 7 SP1 32-bit to a Dell Latitude E6500. I have uploaded all the Windows updates and all seems to be performing well. However, there are two devices in the "device manager" that do...
Drivers
Where is "VIEW", "ARRANGE ICONS BY", "TYPE"
One feature I really liked in XP was the ability to look in a folder through My Computer and sort the files by extension. For example if I wanted to get all .jpg files to one side of the folder as I looked for a file, I could click View, Arrange Icons By, Type and make that happen. I don't see...
General Discussion
Random "Bad Pool Header" and "System Service Exception" BSODs
I have been getting these "Bad Pool Header" and "System Service Exception" BSODs for about a day now (the "Bad Pool Header" one tends to pop up more often then the other btw). I ran a registry cleaner which didn't work and ran memtest this morning and it showed that my memory was fine. The BSODs...
BSOD Help and Support
"Return computer to factory condition" or "Use A System Image Crea..."
Which one should I do? I originally wanted to just do "Return computer to factory condition" but Theog just suggested "Use A System Image Created Earlier." I have no idea what to do. So confusing! :confused:
Backup and Restore


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App