Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: S.M.A.R.T not supported. what does it mean ?

17 Jan 2012   #11
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Hi,

No, its not critical. Lets try something else:

Install and run Crystal Disk Info. Post a maximised image of the screen when its running.

Regards,
Golden


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Jan 2012   #12
NRT

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Hi,

No, its not critical. Lets try something else:

Install and run Crystal Disk Info. Post a maximised image of the screen when its running.

Regards,
Golden
plz have a look...


Attached Thumbnails
S.M.A.R.T not supported. what does it mean ?-snip1.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2012   #13
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Ok. I'm not sure why Speccy won't read the disks SMART data...perhaps an incompatibility problem?

The only issue I see is the Reallocated Sectors Count caution - its not neccessarily critical at this stage, unless you are experiencing other disk related problems. Run a chkdsk /R from a command prompt to mark the bad sectors so no data is written to them, and thereafter run Crystal Disk Info occasionally - say monthly - and note any changes in the values for Reallocated Sector Count.

Regards,
Golden
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Jan 2012   #14
NRT

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Ok. I'm not sure why Speccy won't read the disks SMART data...perhaps an incompatibility problem?

The only issue I see is the Reallocated Sectors Count caution - its not neccessarily critical at this stage, unless you are experiencing other disk related problems. Run a chkdsk /R from a command prompt to mark the bad sectors so no data is written to them, and thereafter run Crystal Disk Info occasionally - say monthly - and note any changes in the values for Reallocated Sector Count.

Regards,
Golden
ok... thank u ... will post back...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2012   #15
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

It` all about the hardware, Pentium 4 or Pentium D`s temps won`t even show up in SPECCY. Still a good tool if you need it.

Hard Disk Sentinel is a great tool.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2012   #16
NRT

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
It` all about the hardware, Pentium 4 or Pentium D`s temps won`t even show up in SPECCY. Still a good tool if you need it.

Hard Disk Sentinel is a great tool.
thnks for the info...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 S.M.A.R.T not supported. what does it mean ?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
What happens if you add more ram then supported?
Ok, here is a question that might break the ice (Or the motherboard :)) I know that my motherboard can only support up two sticks of ram, ddr2, and the limit is 4 gb. What would happen is I put like lets say......... 8 gb in a mother board that can only support up to four gigs? And if it would...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
1152x864 not supported?
I've just recently switched over from Windows XP to Windows 7. Everything works fine, except that 1152x864 resolution doesn't seem to be supported. It worked fine on Windows XP, but on Windows 7 I get black bars on the top and botton of my screen, and everything is blurry. Lower resolutions, like...
Graphic Cards
How to use more ram than supported by the MB
Hi, I use a Gigabyte Board which supports only up to 8 gigs of ram. I think i have read some article about somehow assigning additional ram... from a usb stick or something... At the time i thought this would be terribly slow and stopped reading, but now I need some additional ram and want...
Hardware & Devices
Not supported?
I did some checks and my processor couldn't run XPmode. (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13ghz) So I installed it in Virtualbox along with the guest additions. Works Great!
Virtualization
os not supported?
First, I would like to say hello to everyone. Please be patient with me, I have done countless of searches but haven't had any luck. Well I just purchased a laptop and when trying to install my verizon aircard program it shows a sign saying os is not supported. Any ideas in what I can do? Thanks...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App