Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Perceived Bugs & Glitches List

16 Sep 2009   #41
noyb

XP MCE .... XP Pro 64 .... W7 U x64
 
 

Office 2003 files will not stay on the desktop where I put them.
Edit/Save and you have to chase it down and drag it back where you want it.

Cannot use W7 with a KVM switch...
Boot without a monitor connected and all display settings are lost.

Cannot manually sort the contents of a Folder.

Cannot create a new Taskbar and park it on any edge of your screen(s)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Sep 2009   #42
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 
Shared overlay icon

My nr1. update/fix priority is not a bug but a conscious moronic choice by MS,
and it bugs the hell out of me.

It's the absence of an overlay icon to show if a folder is shared.
I have to click on every single folder to see whether it's shared or not.


MS found the number of overlay icons esthetically confusing, and instead of taking out the "shortcut" icon,
which almost every one wants to get rid of right after install, or the stupid lock which tells you the folder
doesn't have the "users" account in it, they decided to take the shared icon out.
Even Server 2008 R2 doesn't have the shared overlay icon, which renders an otherwise brilliant product, absolutely useless.
It must be the worst design choice MS ever made, and this will be a show stopper for companies.

For the last two weeks, I have been going through Win7's and Vista's registry almost line by line
to find a way to get the icon back, but they did one hell of a job hiding this feature.

But if it's there I will find it.

I rather have MS come up with a fix for it ASAP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2009   #43
Dzomlija

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Neptunian View Post
Hello Everyone.

I installed Windows 7 build 7227 yesterday and have encountered 2 problems.

My Specs are:
Intel DP35DP MB
Quad core Q8200 2.33GHZ CPU
2x1Gb HyperX Kingston RAM
EZCool 1200w PSU
XFX GTX 295 Graphics card
Nice rig.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Neptunian View Post
1st problem:
My MB Management Engine Interface Drivers are incompatible and even when I try to run them in compatibility mode they still do not work.
For which OS are the drivers? If they are for XP, then you'll never get them to work. The driver model has changed. If you cannot get "pure windows 7" drivers, then you might be able to fall back to the Windows Vista drivers.

Drivers CANNOT be run under compatibility mode. If they don't work, they don't work.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Neptunian View Post
2nd Problem:
The new OS is not picking up one of my WD 1Tb HDD. It shows in the bios, and it shows in the device manager but nowhere else. I think that this may have something to do with the fact that there is no PCI simple communications controller installed, and I cannot find that anywhere.
Has the hard driver been partitioned? Open Control Panel then Administrative Tools. From there, check "Computer Management", "Disk Management"

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Neptunian View Post
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with these issues.

Neptunian
I hope my advice has helped. Also, I'm glad to see more South Africans on these forums...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Sep 2009   #44
VoX

 

I hope my advice has helped. Also, I'm glad to see more South Africans on these forums...[/QUOTE]


Hey Dzomlija

First of all, I appreciate your quick response and assistance. Secondly, are you South African?

I downloaded the latest MEI Intel drivers yesterday (for windows vista 32bit) installed them, restarted my PC, but it would not restart, used the Windows 7 repair and my PC started fine with the drivers installed... Go figure...

As for the 'lost' hard drive, it is not partitioned, I never partition my drives. Not quite sure what to do about it. It is in the e-sata connection on the MB. Could my driver issue also be cause for the e-sata connection to not be operating?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2009   #45
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Neptunian View Post
I downloaded the latest MEI Intel drivers yesterday (for windows vista 32bit) installed them, restarted my PC, but it would not restart, used the Windows 7 repair and my PC started fine with the drivers installed... Go figure...

As for the 'lost' hard drive, it is not partitioned, I never partition my drives. Not quite sure what to do about it. It is in the e-sata connection on the MB. Could my driver issue also be cause for the e-sata connection to not be operating?
Hi Neptunian,

I recommend opening a new thread with your problem.
that's the quickest way of getting help from all of us.

This thread is about Win7 bugs, not how to solve them.

Good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2009   #46
VoX

 

Hey squonksc

Thanks for the info, I am new to this site. Just gotta figure out where.......
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2010   #47
Labsy

Windows Server 2008 R2
 
 

My bugs on Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 so far:

Twin Monitor setup
Vista introduced the great feature working on dual monitors, where you could simply drag maximised window from one monitor towards another, and...voila...window moved to another monitor, and it was also maximized there.
In Win7 / 2008R2 it does move to another monitor, but window gets restored to smaller size.

Multiple RDP sessions windows
When working with multiple Remote Desktop sessions opened towards some other computers, RDP sessions simply vanish after some time. Only 1 (random) RDP window stays opened (most probably the one you were last focused on).
Let me just confirm, that I tested it on multiple computers, and all Windows 7 behaviours were much alike - RDP windows were dissapearing randomly.

Windows Live Messenger
In idle state or even not logged-in, WLM ocupies 2 active icons in taskbar. One icon showing thumbnail of my WLM profile, and 2nd icon, showing actual WLM login window.
Also, when you do not work with WLM, some instant messages will not trigger neither any sound, neither will taskbar icon blink when somebody writes you a message. You need to click on WLM window and only then all messages will blink. seems like a bug in taskbar focusing.

IE8 back-buttons (and others)
I am not sure if this is Windows7 / 2008 R2 related, but I noticed this behaviour only on newly installed machines. IE8 sometimes freezes buttons for BACK and REFRESH, and also TOOLS menu is mostly grayed-out.
Seems like some security feature, which is buggy.

Taskbar buttons
For advanced users, it is handy to have also some non-standard shortcuts pinned to taskbar. For example, I want to have shortcut to NETWORK CONNECTIONS list pinned to taskbar.
To call NETWORK CONNECTIONS, you need to create shortcut to:
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe shell:::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}\::{7007ACC7-3202-11D1-AAD2-00805FC1270E}
Ok, and beside this one, I also have shortcut to WINDOWS EXPLORER.
Now, when I run NETWORK CONNECTIONS shortcut, it becomes active in taskbar, but it also activates Windows Explorer shortcut, showing them both as active.

Networking
If you configure 2 NIC adapters, let's say, one for INTERNAL and one for EXTERNAL traffic, Windows 7 / Server 2008R2 will (wrong!) put them in the same network neghbourhood (Private, Public...) if NICs are from the same vendor (for example, if you have computer with 2 NICs already built-in).
I had to buy additional NIC adapter to make EXTERNAL and INTERNAL network treat separatelly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2010   #48
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Labsy View Post
My bugs on Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 so far:

Twin Monitor setup
Vista introduced the great feature working on dual monitors, where you could simply drag maximised window from one monitor towards another, and...voila...window moved to another monitor, and it was also maximized there.
In Win7 / 2008R2 it does move to another monitor, but window gets restored to smaller size.

Multiple RDP sessions windows
When working with multiple Remote Desktop sessions opened towards some other computers, RDP sessions simply vanish after some time. Only 1 (random) RDP window stays opened (most probably the one you were last focused on).
Let me just confirm, that I tested it on multiple computers, and all Windows 7 behaviours were much alike - RDP windows were dissapearing randomly.

Windows Live Messenger
In idle state or even not logged-in, WLM ocupies 2 active icons in taskbar. One icon showing thumbnail of my WLM profile, and 2nd icon, showing actual WLM login window.
Also, when you do not work with WLM, some instant messages will not trigger neither any sound, neither will taskbar icon blink when somebody writes you a message. You need to click on WLM window and only then all messages will blink. seems like a bug in taskbar focusing.

IE8 back-buttons (and others)
I am not sure if this is Windows7 / 2008 R2 related, but I noticed this behaviour only on newly installed machines. IE8 sometimes freezes buttons for BACK and REFRESH, and also TOOLS menu is mostly grayed-out.
Seems like some security feature, which is buggy.

Taskbar buttons
For advanced users, it is handy to have also some non-standard shortcuts pinned to taskbar. For example, I want to have shortcut to NETWORK CONNECTIONS list pinned to taskbar.
To call NETWORK CONNECTIONS, you need to create shortcut to:
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe shell:::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}\::{7007ACC7-3202-11D1-AAD2-00805FC1270E}
Ok, and beside this one, I also have shortcut to WINDOWS EXPLORER.
Now, when I run NETWORK CONNECTIONS shortcut, it becomes active in taskbar, but it also activates Windows Explorer shortcut, showing them both as active.

Networking
If you configure 2 NIC adapters, let's say, one for INTERNAL and one for EXTERNAL traffic, Windows 7 / Server 2008R2 will (wrong!) put them in the same network neghbourhood (Private, Public...) if NICs are from the same vendor (for example, if you have computer with 2 NICs already built-in).
I had to buy additional NIC adapter to make EXTERNAL and INTERNAL network treat separatelly.
hi and welcome

You should probably start your own thread. You will get more attention and ppl will know where to respond. Just a FYI

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2010   #49
WindowsStar

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by momalle1 View Post
Creative Audigy cards have a random buzz in any application. I've found no cure yet, but have found many people are experiencing this issue.

Kodak All-In-One Printers appear to install correctly, but won't print from home center and will crash Windows Explorer when printing from an application. I've found no cure yet, but have found many people are experiencing this issue.
I had the same problem...drivers downloaded as of 3 days ago fixed the buzz. If your drivers are older these might fix it. Check out their web site.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2010   #50
WindowsStar

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noyb View Post
Office 2003 files will not stay on the desktop where I put them.
Edit/Save and you have to chase it down and drag it back where you want it.

Cannot use W7 with a KVM switch...
Boot without a monitor connected and all display settings are lost.

Cannot manually sort the contents of a Folder.

Cannot create a new Taskbar and park it on any edge of your screen(s)
I use a KVM with Windows 7 and so do a few other techs I know. Never had an issue. The only thing I know is a bit weird is that you can only get it out of sleep mode by using the keyboard. The mouse never works. I know now to just press the spacebar twice and everything is good. (again that is only if it is sleeping)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Perceived Bugs & Glitches List




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Hi could a few people test this game for bugs, glitches, etcc..
My cousin created it, and wants people to test it. So maybe anyone have enough time to provide some feedback? It would be much appreciated. thank you, here is the link : RED DOOR DEMO.zip Please post any bugs, what you think, etc..;) Edit: still a rough demo, and the real story wont pop...
Gaming
Fallout 3 bugs on windows 7.
Is it just me or what fallout 3 has many bugs? Like first you can't really alt+tab to your desktop, secondly, the game sometimes stay minimize when/if you alt+tab, thirdly, game freezes randomly, and finally sometimes the music playing in the radio lags. I updated to 1.7 and it doesn't fix any of...
Gaming
Windows 7 bugs list. Microsoft please read!
I have had Windows 7 32-bit RTM (clean install) for many weeks now. In terms of bugs, I have found a few and will decribe them below. If you have any confirmed bugs, please post your experience below too, there is a small chance Microsoft may be aware of this thread! :) Operating System: Windows...
General Discussion
Audio glitches in windows 7
Gday, I have a hp notebook i have recently reinstalled fresh windows 7 over windows vista not as an upgrade but as a complete new install the sound in windows 7 is amazing it sounds like you have a band playing in the room, I use this laptop mainly for my dj and use itunes to install or my songs,...
Sound & Audio
Windows 7 bugs
Windows 7 has a TON OF BUGS they need to work out. For example, almost all of the everyday things that I like to download, like Java, will not work on here. Microsoft needs to develope a lot of patches that will make my Vista software and hardware work on Windows 7.
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:54.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App