Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Full Retail Version of Pro For Students only 29.99

05 Nov 2009   #91
Malzie

Windows 7
 
 

I gave that number a call and tried more than one way, and any time student discounts came up they automatically referred me to the win471.com website. They said they could do nothing to help me.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Nov 2009   #92
PicklesForNoOne

Windows XP MCE
 
 

I would tell them that they are obviously wrong and that the discount is on the windows store website. You don't feel comfortable using your credit card on the internet, thats why you are trying to order it through the phone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2009   #93
Static

Windows 7 RC - 7100 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Malzie View Post
I gave that number a call and tried more than one way, and any time student discounts came up they automatically referred me to the win471.com website. They said they could do nothing to help me.

I had 3 people tell me the exact same thing. What you need to do is keep trying.

The best way to do it is as the post above mine said. Repeat these words.

"I see on your website the ad saying Windows Professional for 29.99 which means you sell it. And not only am I not comfortable buying things online and would rather do it over the phone, I've heard the Digital river download has had many bugs with it."

And if you want the brand new box set you can add "I don't want to download Windows7 anyways. I want to pay the extra 5dollars and get real hard discs in my hand to use."

Be determined but not forceful. And if all else fails, hang up and call back. But you need to specifically give them a reason to sell to you, instead of the website. "I don't like ordering online." "Digital River has had problems." "I don't have access to a computer at the moment."
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Nov 2009   #94
Malzie

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Static View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Malzie View Post
I gave that number a call and tried more than one way, and any time student discounts came up they automatically referred me to the win471.com website. They said they could do nothing to help me.

I had 3 people tell me the exact same thing. What you need to do is keep trying.

The best way to do it is as the post above mine said. Repeat these words.

"I see on your website the ad saying Windows Professional for 29.99 which means you sell it. And not only am I not comfortable buying things online and would rather do it over the phone, I've heard the Digital river download has had many bugs with it."

And if you want the brand new box set you can add "I don't want to download Windows7 anyways. I want to pay the extra 5dollars and get real hard discs in my hand to use."

Be determined but not forceful. And if all else fails, hang up and call back. But you need to specifically give them a reason to sell to you, instead of the website. "I don't like ordering online." "Digital River has had problems." "I don't have access to a computer at the moment."
Thanks for the advice I will keep trying. I know Microsoft is quite crafty with things like this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #95
ForSHO

Soon to be Windows 7 (Windows vista currently)
 
 

As of now, this still works, and I'm getting Windows 7 Pro full retail version through mail, and it's free shipping! I can't wait for it to get here!

I thought about calling them again and again until I get windows 7 ultimate, but I think I don't need ultimate version, so yeah. Oh and it took only one call for me. The lady was really nice.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2009   #96
Calidoc

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Just called and order it myself about 15 minutes ago. They didn't charge me for the DVD, just came out to $32.16 with the DVD. Don't know if he messed up or what, but the e-mail says UPS delivery in 3-7 days. So they may have done away with the $4.99 DVD charge. Just an FYI.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2009   #97
ForSHO

Soon to be Windows 7 (Windows vista currently)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Calidoc View Post
Just called and order it myself about 15 minutes ago. They didn't charge me for the DVD, just came out to $32.16 with the DVD. Don't know if he messed up or what, but the e-mail says UPS delivery in 3-7 days. So they may have done away with the $4.99 DVD charge. Just an FYI.
They didn't charge you for anything. It came out to be $32.16 because of tax, so you got free shipping plus free dvd just like I did. Mine just arrived yesterday, and I will be installing it this thanksgiving break.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #98
Eccentricsage

Vista home
 
 
Still works 12-20-09

I just ordered 2 Full versions of Windows 7 professional. First try, I got my call redirected to digital river. Second attempt, I didn't even mention student. She asked if i was a student, price $299.99 down to $29.99. I bought two copies one for me and one for my girlfriend, she has a university ID as well. Total was 33.06 for each one after taxes. Free shipping, 10 days USPS. Expedited shipping is 2 days UPS 5 dollars.

By the way, promotion ends January 5th, so if you are going to do it, you better hurry!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #99
Bongo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro
 
 

Just order Pro with my daughters .edu address $30 w/Dvd free shipping.
They offered Ult w/office suite for $60
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2011   #100
dgreen

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

I posted an update yesterday but it was deleted... for what reason I have no idea. This price is out dated why would moderators want wrong information on their forums and activly delete corrected information? Seems rather silly...

The prices are acurate and updated for the new Student Promotion it is no longer $30 dollars for Windows 7 Professional and the Full Version is no longer available.

This link is how to properly take advantage of the Microsoft Ultimate Steal Promotion. There's more than just Windows available. You can get Microsoft Office as well. Click the direct Microsoft Link for full details.

Microsoft Office Professional Academic 2010

I only hope it's not deleted by a moderator. Maybe someone can take advantage of it before it is anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Full Retail Version of Pro For Students only 29.99




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Where can I buy the full retail version of 7 -- not system builders
Okay, here's another one: I'm coming across something called 'system builder' versions of win 7. I'm trying to figure out where or if I can get win 7 home premium that I can move from one computer at a time to another if necessary. Can anyone help me? What are 'system builder' versions. Is...
General Discussion
Activating Windows 7 Ultimate retail full version
I have read that a retail version of 7 can be transferred from one computer to another given that its totally uninstalled from the first computer. My friend is going to sell me his old copy of Windows 7 Ultimate for a new build I'm doing. Its only been installed once on his computer and it has...
Windows Updates & Activation
Win 7 retail version
Can I install win 7 full version, on a oem laptop I purchased. I have a compaq cq56-115dx Henry
Installation & Setup
Full retail version of Malwarebytes & Comodo.. anyone using both?
I recently purchased the retail version of Malwarebytes just to see if it's any good. It seems almost mindless how people talk about Malwarebytes but and I have yet to try it. However, the only computer I have that I am absolutely determined to keep for more than a few months already has comodo...
System Security
x32 Only Full Retail
I think that I may have just burned myself. I just bought this from eBay: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Full BRAND NEW/SEALED - eBay (item 160383137739 end time Dec-01-09 08:55:53 PST) I didn't notice until afterward that it only includes the x32 DVD and not the X64 DVD that I intend to...
General Discussion
Win7 for Students not full - It is an Upgrade - Proof
Preface: I purchased my software through the Windows 7 Student $29 program So I just finished doing my Win 7 install on a clean HDD. When I entered in my serial at first it said it was not a valid serial. So i opted not to enter a serial at that time. Now I am in Windows and I tried entering...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App