Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: God-Tier Sevenforums fellas, I needs help

30 Dec 2012   #11
Hugo Stiglitz

Oregon
 
 

I'm re-installing Windows again, I think I've reached the limit of what I can do from inside the current install of the OS.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 Dec 2012   #12
Hugo Stiglitz

Oregon
 
 

Still nothing on either front. Re-installed Windows, and I still get the Code 34 error on the graphics card, and no internet.

I do not understand this one bit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2012   #13
gregrocker
Microsoft MVP

 

Was it connecting at the lady's house? Try an ethernet cable plugged into modem. Win7 should have that driver in the installer or DriverStore. Make sure you followed the steps for handling drivers in Win7 given in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

If not you'll need to find the correct driver for your network device, on the maker's Support Downloads webpage or by tracing it if necessary using Hardware Identification.

Once you get online Win7 will deliver a driver for your display card that it wants.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Dec 2012   #14
Hugo Stiglitz

Oregon
 
 

My modem/router are one unit. And yes, it was connecting via ethernet previously at the customer's house.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2012   #15
King Arthur

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Is your router DHCP-enabled and handing out IPs automatically to computers on your LAN? And is Windows picking that DHCP info up and automatically configuring IP and other such settings appropriately? Or are you manually setting up the networking settings for each computer?

Sounds to me like Windows sees and can use your NIC, it just doesn't have a clue what your network settings are OR the info Windows does have is incorrect.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2012   #16
gregrocker
Microsoft MVP

 

Tech support for your gateway is included in your monthly DSL bill so I'd have them figure out why it won't connect. This is all automated in Win7 but if settings have been jimmied on the gateway then even a fully automated OS might not be able to connect.

90% of users are online after install if plugged in by wire. The other 9.99% only need to provide the driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2012   #17
Hugo Stiglitz

Oregon
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
Is your router DHCP-enabled and handing out IPs automatically to computers on your LAN? And is Windows picking that DHCP info up and automatically configuring IP and other such settings appropriately? Or are you manually setting up the networking settings for each computer?

Sounds to me like Windows sees and can use your NIC, it just doesn't have a clue what your network settings are OR the info Windows does have is incorrect.
Everything is set to detect automatically, I am not manually configuring any of the DHCP settings or any others.

Any other necessary bits of information that we might need here?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 God-Tier Sevenforums fellas, I needs help




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD when launching high tier Please help
Hello, I have a problem with my computer (Quosmio laptop with a 460mtx video card and 8gb of ram). When I ran games like BF4 or Crysis 3 beforehand a while back I could run them fine without black screen crashes after 20 or so minutes of playing (which happens now). I got a lot of black screens and...
BSOD Help and Support
Hi Fellas! having problem in hard disk partition
Dear pals I am having problem in my disk partition. I have 122 GB free memory in my C drive but when i shrink the volume, i get only 10 GB as size of available shrink space. i have only installed OS and essential software in C drive. rest all is free space please help me out fellas.. take...
General Discussion
Thank You SevenForums :)
Hiya just thought i would come back on to thank you. The imfomation i was given here >> https://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/31810-help-needed.html Helped me a great deal, and i now have Windows 7 running smoothly. When i re connected back up to the internet i did haft to...
General Discussion
Thanks to SevenForums!
I just wanted to say I'm glad I found this place, and thanks guys for your knowledge!
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App