Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 7 faster than vista? - a tiny bit maybe

02 Oct 2009   #11
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
Windows 7 is faster than Vista in every department if you ask me. Plus it's way better designed too.
As a former large systems operating systems architect I would be interested to understand how you concluded that Win7 is better designed than Vista. What are your measuring criteria?
The new GUI and other features.

Maybe we better leave it at that.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Oct 2009   #12
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post

As a former large systems operating systems architect I would be interested to understand how you concluded that Win7 is better designed than Vista. What are your measuring criteria?
The new GUI and other features.

Maybe we better leave it at that.
Pwnd!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2009   #13
QuackPot

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post

As a former large systems operating systems architect I would be interested to understand how you concluded that Win7 is better designed than Vista. What are your measuring criteria?
The new GUI and other features.

Maybe we better leave it at that.
Maybe you should.

And you should have known fine well that what I mean't that the basic of tasks are faster in Windows 7 than in Vista in my opinion.

But I guess that was too good an opportunity for you to turn down to brag about your surprime intellect that no-one else here has.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Oct 2009   #14
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Actually QuackPot, your extremely limited response to a perfectly valid question got the answer it deserved...And why should anyone be able to read your mind and assume to know what it is that you meant... You made an oversimplified statement and was unable to back it up.. As far as superior intellect goes ... well those are your own words... "... If its true, it aint bragging..."
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2009   #15
QuackPot

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Actually QuackPot, your extremely limited response to a perfectly valid question got the answer it deserved... You made an oversimplified statement and was unable to back it up.. As far as superior intellect goes ... well those are your own words... "... If its true, it aint bragging..."
Since everyone else here is so enlightened, please, tell me in which was Vista is faster than Windows 7?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2009   #16
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Actually QuackPot, your extremely limited response to a perfectly valid question got the answer it deserved... You made an oversimplified statement and was unable to back it up.. As far as superior intellect goes ... well those are your own words... "... If its true, it aint bragging..."
Since everyone else here is so enlightened, please, tell me in which was Vista is faster than Windows 7?
If you can't bring a gun, perhaps you should bring your reading glasses.

Windows 7 Performance Tests - PC World
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2009   #17
QuackPot

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Actually QuackPot, your extremely limited response to a perfectly valid question got the answer it deserved... You made an oversimplified statement and was unable to back it up.. As far as superior intellect goes ... well those are your own words... "... If its true, it aint bragging..."
Since everyone else here is so enlightened, please, tell me in which was Vista is faster than Windows 7?
If you can't bring a gun, perhaps you should bring your reading glasses.

Windows 7 Performance Tests - PC World
Cute article, but W7 is still faster on my computer than Vista was in terms of loading up, shutting down, loading up and the general use of applications.

But hey, when in doubt, blame it on the new guy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2009   #18
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Maybe we better leave it at that.
Nuff said...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2009   #19
masterB

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Every PC is different. QuackPot has his opinion and he knows how his PC is running under Vista and under 7.
Same for me Vista was running ugly on my laptop which is less than 2 years old but Windows 7 runs better and faster.
I don't have to read any test results from anybody because I know the truth from my own experience.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2009   #20
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

It's hard for me to know whether or not Windows 7 is faster than Vista....since I've switched over to 64-bit on Windows 7 and I never really ran Vista on my current RIG.

Personally, I like 7 a lot more than Vista. Most of it is probably related to my experiences with Vista out of the gate, which wasn't great. On my wife's laptop and my work laptop, Vista has been just fine.

To me, Windows 7 is a fast installing OS...it comes with all the drivers that I need right out of the box. The GUI and the superbar look very nice and are quite functional for me. The installed footprint size doesn't seem any larger and I like the aero functionality of aero peek and aero snap. I like the Libraries concept, i like that the System Restore functionality is customizable via the GUI. And I will have built-in Trim support for my SSD which will be nice.

A few seconds here and there isn't the make it or break it point for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 7 faster than vista? - a tiny bit maybe




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Will my computer Be faster with vista sp2?
Hi, I am running windows 7 sp1 and im looking foward to "downgrade" to vista sp2 Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon Hd Graphics 1.90 GHz 8.00 GB (7.48 usable) RAM 64-bit operating system
Hardware & Devices
programs load muich faster in vista than win7?
went to my second hd to boot vista for a change. win7 is on my first hd. was shocked to see programs booted up on vista in the snap of a finger while on win7 they take 30 seconds or so. wondering why vista is so fast.....
General Discussion
China raises tiny [Spec Ops] reserve army. Really tiny.
Behind The Wall - China raises tiny reserve army. Really tiny. Video: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619//vp/43612160#43612160
Chillout Room
Vaio SZ Laptop - Slow with Vista and 7 - faster HDD??
My 2 year old Vaio SZ laptop became fairly sluggish with Vista so I have recently tried Windows 7 - and I'm just not finding it much faster! Also due to no Sony driver support it also freezes at times. I think though I have identified the bottleneck, the HDD. The 5200Rpm Toshiba drive hits...
Performance & Maintenance
Windows 7 growing faster than Vista, overtakes Mac OS X
Source - Windows 7 growing faster than Vista, overtakes Mac OS X
News
Windows 7 May Not Be Much Faster Than Vista
Windows 7 May Not Be Much Faster Than Vista Though Windows 7 edged out Vista in our lab tests, you may not notice much of a difference. http://images.pcworld.com/news/graphics/164485-win7rcspeed_overall_original.png Read more ...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:03.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App