Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: (UK) Windows 7 deliveries?

21 Oct 2009   #51
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

all installed, drivered up and av-ed.

now i've got to get rid of this ie8 *shudders*




Attached Images
(UK) Windows 7 deliveries?-activate.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Oct 2009   #52
Joan Archer

Windows 10 64bit/Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kersey View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Flik View Post
Mine is coming from amazon via City link, checking their tracking page it's out for delivery which could be anytime from half 7 this morning until half 5.
Noooo , everyone seems to be having theirs today (if not already)...if only my crystal ball had warned my of a postal strike and not to order from Tesco

Edit: Not all is lost for buyers from Tesco, I just spoke to a customer services person who told me that all orders were being dispatched today for delivery via City Link tomorrow
That's nice to hear as I'm waiting for mine through Tesco and it was last week when I spoke to a Customer Service person there and was told they would do their best to get them out on time.
There was no mention though of how they were going to do this so your post is very welcome.
I think what was worrying me was if you go to the tracking link from the confirmation email it tells you there that the supplier will contact you with regards delivery and it's still saying At Warehouse - Dispatching Soon, plus no one has been in touch yet
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2009   #53
The bullet

Windows 7 Enterprise trial
 
 

Oh joy. Amazon just confirmed my long standing pre-order has just despatched........By Royal Mail
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Oct 2009   #54
z3r010

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The bullet View Post
Oh joy. Amazon just confirmed my long standing pre-order has just despatched........By Royal Mail
At least you will have something to open at xmas
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2009   #55
shfle

OSX 10.6/Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

I don't know why I was worrying about Micro Anvika, just checked their site and they don't even use Royal Mail! Delivery tomorrow by DHL
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2009   #56
johnwillyums

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Mine just came today from Amazon via Home Delivery Network Ltd.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2009   #57
kersey

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Joan Archer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kersey View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Flik View Post
Mine is coming from amazon via City link, checking their tracking page it's out for delivery which could be anytime from half 7 this morning until half 5.
Noooo , everyone seems to be having theirs today (if not already)...if only my crystal ball had warned my of a postal strike and not to order from Tesco

Edit: Not all is lost for buyers from Tesco, I just spoke to a customer services person who told me that all orders were being dispatched today for delivery via City Link tomorrow
That's nice to hear as I'm waiting for mine through Tesco and it was last week when I spoke to a Customer Service person there and was told they would do their best to get them out on time.
There was no mention though of how they were going to do this so your post is very welcome.
I think what was worrying me was if you go to the tracking link from the confirmation email it tells you there that the supplier will contact you with regards delivery and it's still saying At Warehouse - Dispatching Soon, plus no one has been in touch yet
Just checked the Tesco website and the status has changed to dispatched...gave them a ring to confirm how it was being delivered and the 'boy' on the phone told me Royal Mail...then when I questioned the postal strike issue changed his mind and told me it was being dispatched direct from the suppliers by unknown means but would be with me tomorrow...not convinced
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2009   #58
Joan Archer

Windows 10 64bit/Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Yes mine has changed to dispatched as well so hopefully they're using another means of delivery so it's on time or I can see some very unhappy Tesco customers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #59
cabbagehead

Windows 7 X64 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Iomegaman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cabbagehead View Post
Got mine first thing Monday morning from PC World, 45 pre ordered in July. They sent 'em out early to avoid the postal strike, full versions 32 and 64 bit Home Premium, nice curvy box.... I've never bought an OS before!
Interesting you should say that you have never bought an OS before. This is either because you have been "obtaining" them elsewhere - or have just always used the OS that came with your computer.

What made Windows 7 the one you chose to buy first?

Tom
Well, I used XP that came preinstalled on an old machine, then 'obtained' further copies cos MS wouldn't let me use it on more than 1 machine. Skipped vista entirely but think that 45 is a reasonable amount for 7, I cant afford the full whack and quite frankly if I had to pay 150-ish I would either 'obtain' other copies or go to Linux. Price will be the only barrier for 7, people can't/won't pay out lotsa dosh after the vista nonsense, why can't it be cheaper? I know MS have put in a lot of work making 7 a very good OS but it's not like they can't afford to reduce the price is it?
Anyway, never thought I'd ever say this but, big ups and hooray to PC World for getting their orders out early cos of the postal strike, wonder why Amazon didn't do the same?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #60
Fliplip

windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cabbagehead View Post
big ups and hooray to PC World for getting their orders out early cos of the postal strike, wonder why Amazon didn't do the same?
Hmmm, i got mine from Amazon yesterday so not sure what you mean.
Dont forget some people would have opted for free delivery and that can take longer anyway.

Dave.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 (UK) Windows 7 deliveries?




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:58.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App