Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: System service issues.

02 Oct 2013   #1
PAULyd1

7 home premium x64
 
 
System service issues.

Hi can anyone advise me on the following issues currently being experienced on my system:

event viewer not running. Cant Re-Start it in the Admin tools\System services settings for my device


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Oct 2013   #2
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PAULyd1 View Post
Hi can anyone advise me on the following issues currently being experienced on my system:

event viewer not running. Cant Re-Start it in the Admin tools\System services settings for my device
Are you talking about "Windows Event Log" service, or "Windows Event Collector" service?

Why restart the services.... is it already running?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Oct 2013   #3
PAULyd1

7 home premium x64
 
 
responce

hi mate. Thanks for your responce. Both are not running. I am unable to restart the services.

Very odd thou as have certainly not modified any settings to make them stop in the first instance..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Oct 2013   #4
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PAULyd1 View Post
hi mate. Thanks for your responce. Both are not running. I am unable to restart the services.

Very odd thou as have certainly not modified any settings to make them stop in the first instance..
What error message do you get when you try to start "Windows Event Log"-service?

Windows Event Collector service and Task Scheduler service aren't running because they depend on "Windows Event Log"-service
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2013   #5
PAULyd1

7 home premium x64
 
 

When running event viewer as administrator. Upon the event viewer window opening . The error message received is Event Viewer un-available. Verify the service is running.

If I then go into System Services then click on the event viewer service and try to start it up, I get "Windows could not start the event collector service on local computer.

Error 1079: The account specified for this service is different is from the account of other process being used for other services running in the same process.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2013   #6
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PAULyd1 View Post
When running event viewer as administrator. Upon the event viewer window opening . The error message received is Event Viewer un-available. Verify the service is running.

If I then go into System Services then click on the event viewer service and try to start it up, I get "Windows could not start the event collector service on local computer.

Error 1079: The account specified for this service is different is from the account of other process being used for other services running in the same process.
It looks like you try to start "Windows Event Collector" service
But I asked you start "Windows Event Log"

Which one of the 2 doesn't start? Which error?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2013   #7
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Service "printer spooler" is running?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2013   #8
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 System service issues.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
KB3133977 Issues With TBS Service
Hello- i just happened to notice a service failure in 'services.msc'. The TBS service had a failure, was set to manual, displayed an error code 2. When attempting to start the service, error 1083 appeared and it wouldn't start. I located 'TBS.dll' in System32, and 'tbssvc.dll.mui'. It...
Windows Updates & Activation
BSOD Net issues,System Service Exception/Driver irql not less or equal
Hi everyone, I always lurk around these forums for many a computer issue throughout the years, but after several BSODs rampaging through my system for the last few days, I decided it was time to make an account and get some direct help. The BSODs are not a normal occurance. It started this week,...
BSOD Help and Support
blue screen errors "NTFS file system / system service exception
Hello, receiving random different BSODs: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION MEMORY_MANAGEMENT CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION Details:
BSOD Help and Support
Having issues with Aero and a System Event Notification Service Error
Hi guys, Everytime I start my computer, it starts in the Windows Classic theme, with Aero disabled, and unable to be turned back on. In addition to this there is a pop-up that says "Failed to connect to a Windows Service" "System Event Notification Service" The Aero issue can be...
General Discussion
Few issues to address with Windows 7 Service Pack 1.
Source - Microsoft: Few issues to address with Windows 7 Service Pack 1 | News | TechRadar UK
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App