Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: does a fresh install of w7 have such registry keys?

13 Jan 2014   #1
drugo

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 
does a fresh install of w7 have such registry keys?

Hi

does a fresh/clean install of windows 7 has such registry keys?


Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_IPFILTERDRIVER

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\IpFilterDriver\Enum
or are created by peerblock?

i googled it , i found many antivirus sites but i guess it's not my case
thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
13 Jan 2014   #2
UsernameIssues

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

They are not there in a fresh install:

does a fresh install of w7 have such registry keys?-r1.png

does a fresh install of w7 have such registry keys?-r2.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jan 2014   #3
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

They`re not in mine either.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Jan 2014   #4
drugo

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
They are not there in a fresh install:
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
They`re not in mine either.
thanks mates

do you have an antivirus?
because i'm not sure if are created by eset smart security or peeblock portable
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jan 2014   #5
UsernameIssues

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

You asked about a fresh install - so I checked a fresh install.

There is no anti-virus stuff installed inside my virtual machines.

Hang on and I'll install ESET Smart Security (Trial) and I'll let you know about those keys.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jan 2014   #6
drugo

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
You asked about a fresh install - so I checked a fresh install.

There is no anti-virus stuff installed inside my virtual machines.

Hang on and I'll install ESET Smart Security (Trial) and I'll let you know about those keys.
can you please check peerblock portable too please?

thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jan 2014   #7
UsernameIssues

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drugo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
You asked about a fresh install - so I checked a fresh install.

There is no anti-virus stuff installed inside my virtual machines.

Hang on and I'll install ESET Smart Security (Trial) and I'll let you know about those keys.
can you please check peerblock portable too please?

thanks
Which version of peerblock did you install?
Got a link?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jan 2014   #8
UsernameIssues

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

I installed PeerBlockPortable_1.1_r518_Rev_2_English.paf.exe after ESET was installed.

I restarted the W7 pro 64bit VM and with both ESET and Peerblock running - those keys are not there:

does a fresh install of w7 have such registry keys?-r1.png

does a fresh install of w7 have such registry keys?-r2.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jan 2014   #9
drugo

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drugo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
You asked about a fresh install - so I checked a fresh install.

There is no anti-virus stuff installed inside my virtual machines.

Hang on and I'll install ESET Smart Security (Trial) and I'll let you know about those keys.
can you please check peerblock portable too please?

thanks
Which version of peerblock did you install?
Got a link?
hi UsernameIssues

https://peerblock.googlecode.com/fil...28Vista%29.zip


i really appreciate your help , sadly i can't give you reputation
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jan 2014   #10
drugo

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
I installed PeerBlockPortable_1.1_r518_Rev_2_English.paf.exe after ESET was installed.

I restarted the W7 pro 64bit VM and with both ESET and Peerblock running - those keys are not there:


thanks mate ,really!

i start to be worried , by the way i installed this version of peerblock https://peerblock.googlecode.com/fil...28Vista%29.zip

zip files
















My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 does a fresh install of w7 have such registry keys?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Corrupt Registry on Fresh install
I am running an HP notebook NX6310. The HD was replaced and tested. PAssed all Hardware diagnostics as well as memory tests. I was able to navigate and install updates after the intall (actual MS disk). Then when I restart the windows icon appears, then immediately goes to "loading files" and tried...
Installation & Setup
Fresh win7 install, computer keeps pressing keys randomly
Hi guys, new here. Did fresh install from factory win7 home premium oa to win7 ultimate Sometimes the "starting windows" when booting, freezes and i have to reboot again. When i boot up, and get to user screen, the pasword is ******************** already filling up. I have to wait for it...
General Discussion
fresh install has registry errors
Hi, my name is William. I downloaded windows 7 32 bit from MSDN (since i can get a copy for free from the school I'm in), and then did a clean install. After installing it, I have been getting a few error messages that I can't seem to fix. I keep getting error messages like windows explorer...
General Discussion
AuditPol.exe - Where are the registry keys?
Hey everyone, This may be a dumb question but when we set up the Advanced Auditing features on our Win 7 image, where are the registry keys for those settings stored? I already looked at /HKLM/Security/Policy/PolAdtEv however I have nothing under Security at all (not expandable). I can confirm...
System Security
Unusual registry keys
All, Today was not a good day - I ran Windows update and after restarting, my computer hung at the ""Preparing to configure Windows. Do not turn off your computer." message. Took numerous reboots, including safe mode and using a previous restore point to get things running again. After all of...
General Discussion
Registry keys not identified
Hello All, I have been trying to create a registry entry which my Script searches for and performs a certain action upon successfully identifying it. HKLM/Software/XYZ Say XYZ is the key I am creating. XYZ also has a subkey making it HKLM/Software/XYZ/ABC Now I am adding a string value to ABC...
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:01.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App