Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.

Windows 7: Laptop freezing minutes later after booting up (Clean Windows Install)

25 Jun 2014   #11

Windows Ultimate x64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Work through the Troubleshooting Steps starting with hardware tests
I think I fixed the problem but not exactly 100% sure. I burned a new Windows OS on a new disc and selected 4x speed. The disc I ran was burned @ AWS which is max speed? It could have been a bad burn but who knows.

Marking this resolved.. so weird though.. I also used the digital river link instead of the one I got from a torrent website but the hashes were matching with the ones on mdl and windows microsoft page.

My System SpecsSystem Spec

 Laptop freezing minutes later after booting up (Clean Windows Install)

Thread Tools

Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows install stalled , laptop not booting.
Hi guys! I recently decided to format my hard drive and install windows 7 again, I burnt an ISO to disc and started install . After coming to the format drive screen I started format during the process I lost power and laptop turned off. Now the problem is that when I try to reboot and...
Installation & Setup
PC freezing within 2-3 minutes of booting or restarting on its own
OS: Dual-boot Windows XP Professional x32, Windows 7 Ultimate x64. (Windows XP earlier OS) CPU: AMD Athlon 7750 x2 RAM: 4GB GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9500gt HDD: Seagate 500GB Windows Xp installed for around 3 years, Windows 7 for about 1 year. The pc is about 3 years old. Hi guys. For the past...
BSOD Help and Support
Laptop freezing, not booting
Hi all My laptop has suddenly started freezing, and sometimes not booting. I have updated all the drivers and sometimes it runs ok for a short while. I'm running W7 home premium 64 bit, not the original OS, think it's a retail version. Laptop is a Dell Vostro 1510, about 3 years old. Thanks...
BSOD Help and Support
Clean windows 7 ultimate install freezing
I recently purchased a new motherboard, RAM and SSD to upgrade my computer a bit. I planned on doing a clean install onto the new SSD, rather than upgrading Vista x64, which is installed on a 750GB hard drive. However, after I set the BIOS to boot from CD, hit a key to boot off CD, it freezes at...
Installation & Setup
Laptop Freezing after Windows 7 install
Hi I installed Windows 7 on a Packard Bell igo 6204 laptop, yesterday, which worked fine for half an hour, then would repeatedly freeze after each forced restart. I have tried reformatting the drive and reinstalling the original XP, which now has the same freezing symptoms. It took...
BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49.
Twitter Facebook Google+