Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Just wondering about computer experience

18 Nov 2014   #1
Sugarcake18

Windows 7 pro 64bit
 
 
Just wondering about computer experience

So I know I'm a new member but I like to help people troubleshoot computers and anything technology. I'm currently a student in college for computer science with networking and information systems security(bachelor) I am wondering if I troubleshoot on here say 1 year do you think I could put that on a resume for experience when I get out of college and go for jobs and certifications?( sorry about bad grammar)

While we are also talking about grammar for people that have help professional computer technology jobs is grammar something that is really important?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Nov 2014   #2
COMPUTIAC

Windows 8.1.1 64bit
 
 

" While we are also talking about grammar for people that have help professional computer technology jobs is grammar something that is really important? "

Yes, it is a must. You have to be 100% accurate in all aspects.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2014   #3
Shimshom

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Hi and welcome to 7F. Probably if you successfully helped people resolve their issues it couldn't hurt to put on your resume. Grammar is important but seems it's becoming a forgotten art so if you use it correctly you'll stand out amongst the crowd
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Nov 2014   #4
Sugarcake18

Windows 7 pro 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
" While we are also talking about grammar for people that have help professional computer technology jobs is grammar something that is really important? "

Yes, it is a must. You have to be 100% accurate in all aspects.
Awesome thank you for that information
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2014   #5
Sugarcake18

Windows 7 pro 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shimshom View Post
Hi and welcome to 7F. Probably if you successfully helped people resolve their issues it couldn't hurt to put on your resume. Grammar is important but seems it's becoming a forgotten art so if you use it correctly you'll stand out amongst the crowd
Thanks man for that awesome feedback and quick response both of you are awesome. :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2014   #6
COMPUTIAC

Windows 8.1.1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sugarcake18 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shimshom View Post
Hi and welcome to 7F. Probably if you successfully helped people resolve their issues it couldn't hurt to put on your resume. Grammar is important but seems it's becoming a forgotten art so if you use it correctly you'll stand out amongst the crowd
Thanks man for that awesome feedback and quick response both of you are awesome. :)
Since you are asking for advice, while you are building experience on these forums, your professional attitude and wording need work also. Punctuality is a must. There are some people who will give a contract to someone else if you are one minute late for an appointment, this is especially true for the first one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2014   #7
Sugarcake18

Windows 7 pro 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sugarcake18 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shimshom View Post
Hi and welcome to 7F. Probably if you successfully helped people resolve their issues it couldn't hurt to put on your resume. Grammar is important but seems it's becoming a forgotten art so if you use it correctly you'll stand out amongst the crowd
Thanks man for that awesome feedback and quick response both of you are awesome. :)
Since you are asking for advice, while you are building experience on these forums, your professional attitude and wording need work also. Punctuality is a must. There are some people who will give a contract to someone else if you are one minute late for an appointment, this is especially true for the first one.
Awesome information, thank you :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2014   #8
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Another vote for brushing up on your grammar. Young people nowadays do not realize how important grammar and spelling are when job hunting. Employers are swamped with resumes and ones with poor grammar and/or spelling will get shuffled to the bottom of the pile, if not directly into the trash. When I worked at a convenience store for a few years after retiring from the job that provides my pension, I saw many of the job applications we received. All the ones with poor grammar and/or spelling went directly into the trash. What was really sad is most of those were from high school graduates and many were from college students.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2014   #9
gregrocker
Microsoft MVP

 

I don't see a problem with your grammar yet. But forums work best when you come here to learn and then help others with that knowledge. We have a very high level of competency here so you want to always know about what what you're writing before helping or others will not hesitate to correct you - that's another way (albeit embarrassing) that we learn here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2014   #10
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Good contributions are always an asset. And grammar and wording is a matter of training. You certainly don't want any job applications to look sloppy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Just wondering about computer experience




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
In your experience, what is the best refurbished computer company?
Hi all, Lately I've been taking a break from my gaming tower and have been focusing on school with my laptop. My laptop is a dell latitude D630 with windows 7 home premium. I'm currently looking online for a better, newer refurbished windows 7 laptop for school. I prefer getting another...
General Discussion
Wondering if this GPU can run on my MB.
Ok, I currently have this Motherboard: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 5.x) Now it says on the site that it's got 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 1 x PCI Express x1 slot (All PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.) 1 x PCI slot
Graphic Cards
Just wondering Something
Ok, i have a new pc with a 120 gb ssd and a 2 tb 7200 rpm hd, (my os is on the ssd btw) so i have partitioned my 2tb into 2 1tb partitions. so how would i make that second tb into a dual-boot windows 7. would be appreciated if i could be direct to a how to or video. to go over it again i...
Installation & Setup
Windows Experience Index for your system could not be Computer.Err
When i updated my drivers(manually) (video card). The ratings were greyed out, so i tried to refresh it but it cannot be refreshed. Please can some one help to get it back working.? The video drivers in the windows update list is showing failure..but i have updated them manually...i think that...
Performance & Maintenance
Wondering if I should OC
So I just got a new computer that has an "Over Clock Genie" on the MB. The specs of the computer are as follows: Intel Cor i5-750 2.66GHz 8M LGA1156 Processor Patriot 8GB PC3-10666 DDR3 1333MHz 2(2x2GB) Kits MSI P55-CD53 ATX Motherboard 640GB 7200RPM 3G SATA Hard Drive VCO GEFORCE 9800GT...
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:31.
Twitter Facebook Google+