Windows 7 Clean Install constant shut down

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 20,583
    Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
       #11

    Hi,

    Make sure KB3020369 is installed if not manually install it this is the main article page with all versions,
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3020369
    These other links do prompt you to download as soon as you click on them just to give you a heads up :)

    Win-7 32 bit
    https://download.microsoft.com/downl...020369-x86.msu
    Win-7 64 bit
    https://download.microsoft.com/downl...020369-x64.msu

    KB3172605
    Win-7 32 bit
    https://download.microsoft.com/downl...172605-x86.msu

    Win-7 64 bit
    https://download.microsoft.com/downl...172605-x64.msu
    I'd imagine a reset using Option 3 here would help a lot on getting the update system sorted out properly
    Windows Update - Reset
    Last edited by ThrashZone; 19 Aug 2016 at 05:39.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 394
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #12

    Dear Trashzone,

    Your assistance has been amazing.

    I proceeded to follow the Option 3 in the reset of Updates as I was in the middle of following the instructions to go to the download page on Microsoft downloads - Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64

    What I am observing is the following
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Windows 7 Clean Install constant shut down-update-screen.jpg   Windows 7 Clean Install constant shut down-update-screen-1.jpg  
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,992
    10 Pro x64
       #13

    Melissa said:
    Dear Trashzone,

    Your assistance has been amazing.

    I proceeded to follow the Option 3 in the reset of Updates as I was in the middle of following the instructions to go to the download page on Microsoft downloads - Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64

    What I am observing is the following
    Set your update settings to never check then reboot and install it if it won't continue from that spot.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 394
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #14

    Dear Forum,

    I am at a loss at what to do.

    I have attempted the following:

    1. After attempted the first suggestion, that did not work and was advised to install another update prior to the link posted. So I reset the updates as outlined in the Tutorial - Windows Update - How to Reset - Option Three

    2. Went to control panel - Windows Update - Search for updates - this went for seven hours to no avail.

    3. Clean boot - Installed IA64-all-windows6.1-kb3172605. It came up with an error message.

    Do I start a new thread? I really wish to have updates operating back to normal.

    Any assistance is greatly appreciated by this novice.

    Mel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Windows 7 Clean Install constant shut down-update-check-13-08-2016.jpg   Windows 7 Clean Install constant shut down-update-message-15-08-2016.jpg  
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,992
    10 Pro x64
       #15

    Melissa said:
    Dear Forum,

    I am at a loss at what to do.

    I have attempted the following:

    1. After attempted the first suggestion, that did not work and was advised to install another update prior to the link posted. So I reset the updates as outlined in the Tutorial - Windows Update - How to Reset - Option Three

    2. Went to control panel - Windows Update - Search for updates - this went for seven hours to no avail.

    3. Clean boot - Installed IA64-all-windows6.1-kb3172605. It came up with an error message.

    Do I start a new thread? I really wish to have updates operating back to normal.

    Any assistance is greatly appreciated by this novice.

    Mel
    You are having this issue as you are installing the update for Itanium systems as well as server edtion and not WIN 7 x64 systems.
    Use ThrashZones link instead and only download the x64 ones.
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...A2DC8F8EEEC3C8

    You should have picked the one in yellow in your old picture, also don't worry it's an easy mistake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Windows 7 Clean Install constant shut down-catalog-kb3172605.jpg   Windows 7 Clean Install constant shut down-updates.png  
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 394
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #16

    After receiving that message - I would have to reset the windows Update settings -correct?

    I do feel silly that I went to the incorrect option in the Internet Explorer website. Thanks for educating me.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,992
    10 Pro x64
       #17

    Melissa said:
    After receiving that message - I would have to reset the windows Update settings -correct?

    I do feel silly that I went to the incorrect option in the Internet Explorer website. Thanks for educating me.
    Everyone makes mistakes :), I don't get what you mean by what message but I would just set the pc to never check for updates in windows update on the left side then reboot, then install those files, reboot and set the settings back to "check but let me download them" then it should check for updates and just let it look for about ten minutes should find about 400 of them if its a clean install. I have never had to reset anything after a clean install and these files. So I would just try the files and check before doing the reset again.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 20,583
    Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
       #18

    Hi,
    The only 2 reasons you'd get that message is if KB3020369 is not installed it does need to be installed first,
    Or if sp1 is not installed.

    Click the Start button and type in the search box
    system information
    Hit the enter key or click on the same suggestion

    You'll land on the system summery page
    On the top left click on Edit and Select all
    The Edit and Copy

    Open a reply here and right click and select Paste.

    KB3020369 found some better links for the updates :)
    Win-7 32 bit
    https://download.microsoft.com/downl...020369-x86.msu
    Win-7 64 bit
    https://download.microsoft.com/downl...020369-x64.msu

    KB3172605
    Win-7 32 bit
    https://download.microsoft.com/downl...172605-x86.msu

    Win-7 64 bit
    https://download.microsoft.com/downl...172605-x64.msu
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,992
    10 Pro x64
       #19

    ThrashZone said:
    Hi,
    The only 2 reasons you'd get that message is if KB3020369 is not installed it does need to be installed first,
    Or if sp1 is not installed.
    Or if they are installing the update for Itanium machines and not the amd x64 platform. I'm pretty sure that is the issue at the moment. Will have to wait for Melissa's reply to know for sure.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 394
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #20

    Sorry for not getting back to the Forum with the information.

    I am lowly going through the processes as Sony VAIO Update and some other drivers where not operating and slowly ironing out those issues.
    So process of elimination between manufacturer based issues versus Microsoft.

    If you are informing me that there are some 400 updates - I am assuming pending the speed of the lap top etc -- may take some time. I have removed the first update downloaded for the Itanium machines.

    I have done a clean boot again - on restart attempted to install Update KB3020369 first as per advised above.

    Hopefully this is the information required.

    Thank you Forum.
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name STEALTH-PC
    System Manufacturer Sony Corporation
    System Model VPCEB46FG
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 480 @ 2.67GHz, 2667 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. R1170Y8, 28-Jan-11
    SMBIOS Version 2.6
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
    User Name Stealth-PC\Stealth
    Time Zone W. Australia Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 5.86 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.03 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 11.7 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 5.95 GB
    Page File Space 5.86 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19.
Find Us