Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: While close the cover my Laptop is turning off

16 Dec 2017   #11
Nasty7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Here is something that I was thinking may work, and some links support that.
Quote:
I had the same problem and force installing the latest BIOS update fixed the issue. Basically, I installed BIOS v208 over v208.

If WinFlash says that you already have the latest version and cannot upgrade it, just start the WinFlash.exe using /nodate parameter.
Laptop turns off instead of going to sleep when I close the lid? - Laptops - Laptop Tech Support


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Dec 2017   #12
M i X

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bat 1 View Post
Just don't close the lid

The lappy "should" have came with Windows 8.* installed (?) so there wouldn't be any type of Factory Bloatware that would take control of the power settings ??
Yes it was coming with windows 8 "downgrade to windows 7". The problem is, its annoying to not close the lid while I'm sleeping or away from the lap. So, it would be better if I can let it continue working while closing the lid.

thanks,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2017   #13
Nasty7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

You did not comment on my post? There was an answer there with success as my Quote showed.

Just from a quick google search I see many problems with this laptop that are similar, but not exactly like yours. They all were associated with drivers that were not working well on that laptop. This is probably the reason seeing you are running Ulitimate and there are no official drivers for it. Have you checked the Device Manager to see if all drivers are installed and working properly?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Dec 2017   #14
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x3, Ubuntu
 
 

There are no drivers for any specific version of windows 7, all versions use the same drivers to suit the hardware fitted, some hardware may not be fitted to laptops that have different versions of windows installed, but this is not related to the versions directly.

Now lets see what we know ...
The switch off is not directly related to the lid closing, there is a a delay of ten minutes from closing the lid until the device switches off,

there are a number of options in the Power settings that use a timer to switch off the laptop a set number of minutes after it becomes Idle (ie. no user input, like if the lid was down)

Maybe it's time to check the other power options that relate to Sleep/Hibernate/Power off on Idle
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2017   #15
Megahertz07

Windows 7 HP 64
 
 

Nasty7 gave a good suggestion: Open device manager and see if you have any yellow alerts from missing drivers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2017   #16
M i X

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nasty7 View Post
Here is something that I was thinking may work, and some links support that.

Laptop turns off instead of going to sleep when I close the lid? - Laptops - Laptop Tech Support
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nasty7 View Post
You did not comment on my post? There was an answer there with success as my Quote showed.

Just from a quick google search I see many problems with this laptop that are similar, but not exactly like yours. They all were associated with drivers that were not working well on that laptop. This is probably the reason seeing you are running Ulitimate and there are no official drivers for it. Have you checked the Device Manager to see if all drivers are installed and working properly?
sorry didn't see your reply before, please show me how to check device manager? & what to do with it?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
There are no drivers for any specific version of windows 7, all versions use the same drivers to suit the hardware fitted, some hardware may not be fitted to laptops that have different versions of windows installed, but this is not related to the versions directly.

Now lets see what we know ...
The switch off is not directly related to the lid closing, there is a a delay of ten minutes from closing the lid until the device switches off,

there are a number of options in the Power settings that use a timer to switch off the laptop a set number of minutes after it becomes Idle (ie. no user input, like if the lid was down)

Maybe it's time to check the other power options that relate to Sleep/Hibernate/Power off on Idle
I checked everything to never or to off.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Megahertz07 View Post
Nasty7 gave a good suggestion: Open device manager and see if you have any yellow alerts from missing drivers.
please give me more details how to do it?


thanks to all of you for great help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2017   #17
M i X

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Also, how I update the BIOS? without losing my files (is it make me losing them?)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2017   #18
Megahertz07

Windows 7 HP 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Megahertz07 View Post
Nasty7 gave a good suggestion: Open device manager and see if you have any yellow alerts from missing drivers.
Open device manager - Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Device Manager
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2017   #19
M i X

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Megahertz07 View Post
Open device manager - Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Device Manager
Then what? I've found many information in device manager.
thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2017   #20
Nasty7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

You will see a Yellow Triangle with an Exclamation Mark on it if there is a Driver Missing. But some were reporting that the wrong driver, or a bad driver install was causing issues also.

Where, or who installed the drivers if there are none at the Official Page. Someone would have to had searched for them and got the right ones to install. Most might install automatically, but some won't.

I would lend more help buy my skills are not all that good.
Quote:
MiX QUOTE: Note: I've edit the options in the battery to not do anything while close the cover, but its turning off.
Please help & sorry for my English
Did you Re-Start the pc after making these changes? that may help but cannot say for sure.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 While close the cover my Laptop is turning off




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Help identifying mystery symbol on laptop case/cover.
What is this symbol? Found on a laptop case/cover of a Dell Latitude E6420, if that helps at all. Anti-shock? What is this symbol? - Album on Imgur Thanks in advance!
General Discussion
Dell Inspiron 5559 laptop aluminum cover - discolored and scratched
Hi Guys, In desperate need here... This might not be a big deal for some, but it is for me since my laptop is barely 2 months old... My aunt accidentally scratched the outside cover of my Dell Inspiron 5559, resulting in several black lines. I used rubbing alcohol, oil, hand soap and...
General Discussion
Laptop not turning on
hey guys I am trying to diagnose a problem with my old laptop that I am going to start using again and when I try to turn it on it will not turn on its a Toshiba L455D-S5976 all the indicator lights come on just fine, my question is did the hard drive go out or is it another problem and I will note...
General Discussion
Laptop keeps turning off
Hi, I would be grateful for any help with this. For some reason yesterday my laptop just decided to cut out & turn it self off. When I restart it in safe mode with networking it seems to stay on but if I try to load it with normal windows it just cuts out. I think it must be some kind of...
General Discussion
laptop not turning on
While installing Window on one my laptop. I forgot to plug in power and it tuned off. now when I press power button. It is not runniing :cry: When i plug the power. power light isn't even on. Have I break it? :(
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App