Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 is EOL is near, what will you do?

13 Apr 2018   #61
Marie SWE

1xWin7 Home X64, 2xWin7 Pro x64, 1xWin 2008 R2 server. 1xWinXP Pro, 1xWin 2k and Linux Mint Mate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brds7t7 View Post
15 years That's impressive! I did do a job working nights once - I only lasted a year! Just couldn't get my body adjusted to it, and missed my nightlife, so went back to a day job.
Okay*hahaha* :) Perhaps one must be born with the right/wrong genes to manage night work in the long run.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
13 Apr 2018   #62
Botard

Windows 7 guest, Debian host
 
 

Don't be a geek Marie, they are boring. You'll get old.

Have a nice day,
Botard
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2018   #63
Marie SWE

1xWin7 Home X64, 2xWin7 Pro x64, 1xWin 2008 R2 server. 1xWinXP Pro, 1xWin 2k and Linux Mint Mate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Botard View Post
Don't be a geek Marie, they are boring. You'll get old.

Have a nice day,
Botard
*hahaha* I don't think is a big risk for me to become a true geek.
Cars is my biggest interest, almost all my money goes to them. I'm born and raised in a family that has car interests. So computers are something I have as a hobby.. cars doesn't give me a mental challenge anymore.

Thanks, and I wish you a nice day back.:)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Apr 2018   #64
lehnerus2000

W7 Ultimate SP1, LM18.3 MATE, W10 Home, #All 64 bit
 
 
Manjaro + Microsoft Office Online

One of the reasons people cite for not using Linux Distros is that MS Office isn't available.
Since MS now has an online version of MS Office, that complaint isn't really true anymore.

The Manjaro developers have now gone one step further.
Dedoimedo - Manjaro + Microsoft Office Online - Yup, come over

This combination may make it easier for people to avoid W10, if/when they decided to stop using W7.

Note:
You need a MS online account.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2018   #65
TechnoMage2016

Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, x86
 
 

Ridiculous! This is a Windows forum, to help people with problems on their Windows based PC's, and Not a Linux, Unix or MAC forum. So can we (all) please confine our remarks to making the Windows operating system work as best as possible, for all those who come here specifically for answers to Windows problems.

The topic here is what to do when Windows 7 reaches it's EOL. For 99.99% of Windows 7 users, it is not required for them to do anything. I certainly Won't!
Just like Windows XP went right on working long after its own EOL, Windows 7 will do no less.

It wasn't that long ago, that the US Veteran's Administration, upgraded thousands of computer terminals (PC's) from Windows XP to Windows 7. I fully expect that they will still be using Windows 7 long past its EOL. I know I will!

Thank You,
TechnoMage
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2018   #66
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TechnoMage2016 View Post
Ridiculous! This is a Windows forum, to help people with problems on their Windows based PC's, and Not a Linux, Unix or MAC forum. So can we (all) please confine our remarks to making the Windows operating system work as best as possible, for all those who come here specifically for answers to Windows problems.

The topic here is what to do when Windows 7 reaches it's EOL. For 99.99% of Windows 7 users, it is not required for them to do anything. I certainly Won't!
Just like Windows XP went right on working long after its own EOL, Windows 7 will do no less.

It wasn't that long ago, that the US Veteran's Administration, upgraded thousands of computer terminals (PC's) from Windows XP to Windows 7. I fully expect that they will still be using Windows 7 long past its EOL. I know I will!

Thank You,
TechnoMage
Like it or not, moving on to an OS other than Windows after Win 7 reaches EOL is a viable option and discussion of that option is appropriate for this thread.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2018   #67
TheDeerDude

Windows 7 HP x64
 
 

Hm, what will I do when Windows 7 will no longer receive security updates... well, considering I haven't installed any since it came out - just carry on as usual c:

Yes, I do realize how stupid what I'm doing is. I like having the choice. I haven't had many problems over the years, thankfully. Not as many as Windows 10 has given me with its updates, since I started using that. To each their own.

Someone mentioned having lost faith in Windows. I've lost faith in the whole of Microsoft. Gave up on Skype about a year ago. I've only recently started playing around with Linux, and I've been loving it, but still find it extremely confusing.. I saw someone post a link to a website with tutorials, very nice.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2018   #68
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheDeerDude View Post
...I saw someone post a link to a website with tutorials, very nice.
Shoot, I must have missed that link. Could you please repost it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2018   #69
TheDeerDude

Windows 7 HP x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Shoot, I must have missed that link. Could you please repost it?
Of course, sorry - it was mentioned here: Windows 7 is EOL is near, what will you do? - Page 5 - Windows 7 Help Forums

From the quick look I've had at the website, it seems that it's for beginners ^ ^ perfect for me, maybe not so perfect for people who know how to use the terminal, know the commands, piping and scripting.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2018   #70
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheDeerDude View Post
Of course, sorry - it was mentioned here: Windows 7 is EOL is near, what will you do? - Page 5 - Windows 7 Help Forums

From the quick look I've had at the website, it seems that it's for beginners ^ ^ perfect for me, maybe not so perfect for people who know how to use the terminal, know the commands, piping and scripting.
How on earth did I miss that (old age sucks)? Thanks for waking me up.
I'm a rank amateur so this should be of help when I'm ready to start transitioning.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 is EOL is near, what will you do?




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:03.
Twitter Facebook Google+