Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: WEIRD FILENAMES on System's directory

06 Feb 2018   #11
Megahertz07

Windows 7 HP 64
 
 

How can we know where those files came from? It can be from a program you installed years ago. Check the date created to see if it's the same from windows files.

Once again, best solution is a clean install. Clean Install Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
07 Feb 2018   #12
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Shnxxx
Before you go any further I would strongly recommend that you backup your C Drive with Macrium Reflect (Free)
If you then interfere with the Windows and System 32 folders and break your Windows installation then you will be able to restore your system back to the date of the backup.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2018   #13
torchwood

W7 home premium 32bit/W7HP 64bit/w10 tp insider ring
 
 

Looking at the original screenshot, and based on the comment that you've deleted them and they return AFTER a reboot
Id have to plump for a Rootkit.

If it is - theres no point in making an image that will be corrupt as well
Just copy your private data and SCAN it BEFORE you reinstall it.

Checking on something else

If your specs are correct
Then that comp did not come with Ultimate installed, Vista more likely
So where did you get the original install media - wouldn't be surprised if it was corrupt
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Feb 2018   #14
Shnxxx

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Last Update: 10/01/17
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Megahertz07 View Post
How can we know where those files came from? It can be from a program you installed years ago. Check the date created to see if it's the same from windows files.

Once again, best solution is a clean install. Clean Install Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums
The being shown here is the date when it was generated, and I it not the original dates of it because I tried to delete them before.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2018   #15
Shnxxx

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Last Update: 10/01/17
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Shnxxx
Before you go any further I would strongly recommend that you backup your C Drive with Macrium Reflect (Free)
If you then interfere with the Windows and System 32 folders and break your Windows installation then you will be able to restore your system back to the date of the backup.
Thank you I will consider your suggestion
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2018   #16
Shnxxx

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Last Update: 10/01/17
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torchwood View Post
Looking at the original screenshot, and based on the comment that you've deleted them and they return AFTER a reboot
Id have to plump for a Rootkit.
No need to reboot, they return after just leaving that folder (closing or going to upper directory) and revisiting again.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torchwood View Post
If it is - there's no point in making an image that will be corrupt as well
Just copy your private data and SCAN it BEFORE you reinstall it.
But I tried scanning them, my whole system actually, but there were no findings.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torchwood View Post
Checking on something else

If your specs are correct
Then that comp did not come with Ultimate installed, Vista more likely
So where did you get the original install media - wouldn't be surprised if it was corrupt
Yes it wasn't, because Vista was buggy as hell, "explorer.exe" eats cpu usage forcing me to end that task and making desktop unusable so I decided to upgrade to windows 7 Home premium, which I took from my classmate because he has the CD, and decided to upgrade to ultimate for some features, which I took from a website that releases pirated applications :3 .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2018   #17
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Don't use pirated versions of Windows.

Which windows 7 edition do you have a valid license key for?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2018   #18
townsbg

Windows 7 pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shnxxx View Post
Yes it wasn't, because Vista was buggy as hell, "explorer.exe" eats cpu usage forcing me to end that task and making desktop unusable so I decided to upgrade to windows 7 Home premium, which I took from my classmate because he has the CD, and decided to upgrade to ultimate for some features, which I took from a website that releases pirated applications :3 .
Well now we can't help you since you have a pirated version of Windows because we be in a violation of our rules. Windows 7 Help Forums - Forum Rules

The only help we can provide would be installing 7 with a valid key. Did you actually download 7 from that website or just got the key? If you downloaded it from that site that could very well be the source of your issues as hacked installs of Windows could be full of viruses, spyware, and rootkits.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2018   #19
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Flouting Forum Rules should , in my view, lead to banning.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2018   #20
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x3, Ubuntu
 
 

Basic situation is that no further help should be provided, (excluding basic assistance with sourcing a legitimate Install media and Valid Legal Key), on any subject whatsoever, until the member can prove that they have replaced the stolen operating system
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 WEIRD FILENAMES on System's directory




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How to relocate Win 7 and few more system folder to root directory.
Hello, Thank you for reading my post to guide me. My Win 7 became corrupted when I downgraded from Win 10. Hence I recovered Win 7 & and few more folders from Backup disk. Unfortunately, somehow, they are placed in wring folder. I need to move them under root directory, but Cut /Paste does not...
Customization
what directory should rstrui.exe (system restore) run from?
Most windows applications (e.g media player, calculator, svchost, event viewer) run from its system32 counterpart. Ive noticed that system restore, which is rstrui.exe, runs from a: "windows/winsxs/amd64-microsoft-windows-systemrestore-main_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_6.1.7601.18574_none_xxxxxxxxxxxxx"...
General Discussion
Very weird problem with Active Directory
Hi. I have a user on my domain that gets this error when she loggs on "\\blabla.loc\home folders\hbg\name of user\desktop is not available. You might not have rights for this resurs. Access Denied" Something like that. Dont remember the exact words. But here for the weird part, when...
Network & Sharing
Weird system error after weird BSOD
Hello, Currently I have a big problem with my Computer, i can't run Windows in normal mode, and currently using Safe Mode I will describe the problem and Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2.zip DESCRIPTION My computer have some BSOD a few days before, but it's rare and after it restarts, Windows...
BSOD Help and Support
Changing system default VST directory in W7
Hello everyone, I've run into a little problem. I need to change the default VST directory on my system, but it seems the method of doing so is different from Vista and XP. You used to be able to change it in the registry. Does anyone know how to do it in 7? Reason for this change is the fact...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App