Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Starter Edition for netbooks

3 Weeks Ago   #1
GusFG

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 
Windows 7 Starter Edition for netbooks

Can anyone recommend a trustworthy source for the Win 7 Starter Ed for netbooks as I've got several netbooks which have the COA sticker but need a fresh install. I've not been able to access the recovery manager so have decided to try and install a fresh image from usb. Any help appreciated


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
3 Weeks Ago   #2
Paul Black

7 HP SP1 64-bit Vista HB SP2 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3
 
 

Hi GusFG,

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GusFG View Post
Can anyone recommend a trustworthy source for the Win 7 Starter Ed?
You can try [just enter your Product Key]: Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

I hope this helps!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #3
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Paul Black View Post
Hi GusFG,

You can try [just enter your Product Key]: Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

I hope this helps!
I have heard that doesn't work for the OEM sticker keys. It seems to be pretty unreliable in general.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

3 Weeks Ago   #4
Paul Black

7 HP SP1 64-bit Vista HB SP2 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3
 
 

Hi SIW2,

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
I have heard that doesn't work for the OEM sticker keys. It seems to be pretty unreliable in general.
Thanks for pointing that out, I will take it off of my help list .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #5
mrjimphelps

Linux Mint 18.2 xfce 64-bit (VMWare host) / Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit (VMWare guest)
 
 

Go here: Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

Download the Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool. You can then use that tool to download any supported version of Windows or Office, including Windows 7-32 starter edition.

Here are the versions of Windows available for download with this tool:
Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #6
Breelander

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GusFG View Post
...I've not been able to access the recovery manager so have decided to try and install a fresh image from usb. Any help appreciated

Which make? I've just factory reset an Asus Aspire One, but at first I couldn't get the recovery manager either.



In order to do so I had to go into the BIOS and enable 'D2D Recovery'. After that it's restart and press Alt+F10 repeatedly at boot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #7
GusFG

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mrjimphelps View Post
Go here: Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

Download the Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool. You can then use that tool to download any supported version of Windows or Office, including Windows 7-32 starter edition.

Here are the versions of Windows available for download with this tool:
Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

Yes thats a very good point. As long as I can it to download a couple of ISOs as we've got about 15 different netbooks from HP, Samsung & Toshiba most with the COA stickers.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Breelander View Post
Which make? I've just factory reset an Asus Aspire One, but at first I couldn't get the recovery manager either.

In order to do so I had to go into the BIOS and enable 'D2D Recovery'. After that it's restart and press Alt+F10 repeatedly at boot.

I will definitely check to see if any of our HP, Samsung & Toshiba netbooks have the same setting. Good spot :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Starter Edition for netbooks




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Question for those with 7 starter on netbooks.
Has anybody noticed that the machines that used to run well with 1gb wont even update anymore? It keeps spitting out a error code when checking for updates and when you look it up they say its related to running out of ram when doing anything windows update related. Even with 2gb of ram it will pop...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Starter Edition
Hi, I've just bought a netbook with windows 7 starter edition its a HP mini 110-3500 which i was assured by the sales assistant has a good processor (intel Atom N550) anyway it seems to be quite slow respinding to commands i.e. opening up explorer etc. My first question is do all netbooks perform...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Starter Edition
My son received as a gift a Dell Inspiron Mini 10 laptop, with pre-inatalled Windows 7 Starter Edition (according the My Computer Properties). I think he answered a kind of No to a security question (maybe related to Windows Firewall), because now he has an annoyng problem. He tries to make...
System Security
Can't boot into Windows 7 Starter edition
I bought a Samsung n130 and it came with windows 7 starter edition when I booted it up, it let me make a partition with a recovery mode so I could restore Two days ago, I installed mac osx86 on a usb drive (I don't have an external cd drive) I installed it on the other partition, the empty...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Starter Edition - Is It Really That Bad?
Well many of us here will be using the Ultimate versions of Windows 7 RC build but what about other lite versions The Cheapest version of Windows 7 (Starter Edition) has a limitation that it can't run more than three application at a time!!! ...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:42.
Twitter Facebook Google+