Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 clean install - BIOS questions & system startup time

19 Dec 2018   #101
Paul Black

7 HP SP1 64-bit Vista HB SP2 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3
 
 

Hi RedLad,

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RedLad View Post
OK, so I triel to let the wizard help me to do it. It said there were two drivers to install. One installed, I think that was another Chipset one.
Probably needed after you updated the BIOS!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RedLad View Post
I am just thinking, the LSI thing may be something to do with the raid?? Which is what I had a fair bit of trouble trying to get to be off before. I will have to backtrack through the other thread from a few years back to confirm this. But, my guess is that because it is currently 'off' for whatever steps the guys helped me to do, it is not letting that LSI driver be installed?
You have done a clean install, everything gets wiped off the HDD when you do this!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 Dec 2018   #102
RedLad

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Paul Black View Post
You have done a clean install, everything gets wiped off the HDD when you do this!
Not too sure what you mean there. I am talking about a setting I had adjusted in the setup it was some screen that I had to press a key on, then delete/turn off this raid LSI thing. I cannot remember the steps 100%

I just ran another driver wizard check and it said I had one more Chipset to install, so that successfully installed just there.

Am I all good now do you think?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2018   #103
RedLad

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Wow, this is interesting, check out the space that has been taken up on my new SSD C. I read that Windows 7 is only meant to take up 15 to 20gb:


Attached Images
Windows 7 clean install - BIOS questions & system startup time-c_drive_space.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Dec 2018   #104
Paul Black

7 HP SP1 64-bit Vista HB SP2 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3
 
 

Hi RedLad,

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RedLad View Post
Not too sure what you mean there. I am talking about a setting I had adjusted in the setup it was some screen that I had to press a key on, then delete/turn off this raid LSI thing. I cannot remember the steps 100%.
Whatever you done previously [whatever steps the guys helped you to do] is irrelevant now. You have done a clean install that completely wiped/erased the HDD of absolutely everything!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RedLad View Post
I just ran another driver wizard check and it said I had one more Chipset to install, so that successfully installed just there.

Am I all good now do you think?
What does the Dell website updates now say?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2018   #105
RedLad

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

It is actually saying there is one Chipset still left..I will go ahead and install
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2018   #106
Paul Black

7 HP SP1 64-bit Vista HB SP2 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3
 
 

Hi RedLad,

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RedLad View Post
It is actually saying there is one Chipset still left..I will go ahead and install
OK, if you can!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2018   #107
RedLad

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

And when I checked again, it showed Chipset |Intel Chipset Device Software so I downloaded and installed again.

Checked the wizard again and it is still mentioning that the Chipset |Intel Chipset Device Software - driver updates ready to download and install. I restarted and repeated this process 3 time now and it is still there.
Will I try maybe to manually install it? The thing is - it is only listed as a 'Recommended' option in their list of drivers for my system. In the list I posted a few pages back.

Safe to leave this?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2018   #108
Paul Black

7 HP SP1 64-bit Vista HB SP2 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3
 
 

Hi RedLad,

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RedLad View Post
And when I checked again, it showed Chipset |Intel Chipset Device Software so I downloaded and installed again.

Checked the wizard again and it is still mentioning that the Chipset |Intel Chipset Device Software - driver updates ready to download and install. I restarted and repeated this process 3 time now and it is still there.
Will I try maybe to manually install it? The thing is - it is only listed as a 'Recommended' option in their list of drivers for my system. In the list I posted a few pages back.

Safe to leave this?
Shut down and then reboot, then try once more!

As you have a clean install, and it is only a recommended [not critical] update, I would personally leave it. If you feel so inclined, before we create a system image, run the WU's again to see if there are any more updates now avaialable. That one might get picked up by WU!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2018   #109
RedLad

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

I just tried, I picked 2 of the optional, it was some monitor update from Dell.

The important one failed again - it is the same windows defender from before that kept failing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2018   #110
Paul Black

7 HP SP1 64-bit Vista HB SP2 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3
 
 

Hi RedLad,

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RedLad View Post
I just tried, I picked 2 of the optional, it was some monitor update from Dell.

The important one failed again - it is the same windows defender from before that kept failing
Don't install Windows Defender, you don't need it if you have AV installed!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 clean install - BIOS questions & system startup time




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Questions about clean Windows 7 OEM install
Hello, I need to reinstall my Win 7 32 bit OEM and I didn't receive any media with it, so I found this tutorial: https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/219487-clean-reinstall-factory-oem-windows-7-a.html and I am having some issues: -The download size is 2.4 GB but everytime the download...
Installation & Setup
System Time not kept correctly after having manually changed BIOS time
Dear all, I spilt some water on my laptop a few days ago but fortunately it's completely dried out and working perfectly.... apart from this minor (but important) issue. I would appreciate your help. Problem: the system time does not stay correct. Even after manually updating the BIOS time...
Performance & Maintenance
BIOS not ACPI compatible BSOD on clean install of Windows 7?
I'm trying to install Windows 7 on a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop with 1GB of RAM and known good HDD. I ran memtest 86 for 12 hours with no errors. The BIOS sucks and has no options for ACPI, power management, or even serial/parallel port addressing, only boot order, system info, and password. ...
Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Ult 64 Custom build: bios and windows install questions
Hey everyone, I'm sorry if I post this in the wrong forum, but I have a few questions about setting up the bios and installing windows. This is the computer that I am building for video production: Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Corsair Core i7 XMS3 12GB 5 Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM Antec Nine...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Clean Install Questions
Hey guys, I did some searching but wasn't able to answer my questions. I have a Lenovo Y650 and I was wondering if I could format the HDD and do a clean install, or if this would be a bad idea. The computer came with quite a bit of bloat ware, as well as a separate partition of 30 GB that has...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:17.
Twitter Facebook