Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: I Want to Keep Windows 7 Forever

3 Weeks Ago   #321
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Yes their prices are really ridiculous on some of their products. I do not find their OS too bad as i could imaging few years ago since a had a chance to browse a mac laptop around me. I do not think I will pay myself such Alloy made, I will far prefer if choice I have, to pay a good gaming laptop even if it cost double an average mac book, 'cause some of Windows based system are workhorses too.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
3 Weeks Ago   #322
TechnoMage2016

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
I've always been a bit curious about Macs, but the price is ridiculous. I would have to be so rich that I felt it was my duty to stimulate the economy, to actually buy a Mac. If I ever get bored enough with Linux, I may give the Hackintosh a go. Just to see what that OS is like.
I've always suspected that Crapple* exists so that M$* can't be considered a monopoly. Technically, what we have in the world of commercial operating systems is an oligopoly: a small number of (in this case two) of companies dominating the market. But why? Why should it be this way? I ask myself...
*no disrespect intended toward any particular individual, or their tastes or preferences. But feel free to give me a thumbs down if you need to.

A thumbs down? Not here!
Years ago, I knew I wanted to get into Computer Repair, and I looked at the Apple brand and the IBM Brand. I was already working on, and upgrading, the Commodore 64, which was on the downhill slide.


The price gap between Apple and IBM, was like the grand canyon. (HUGE!) And, I found out that I could buy After Market parts (mostly Japanese) and build my own IBM Compatible PC, which is exactly what I did, and the rest is History.


The PC I'm using right now, is one that I built in 2005, and still today it's one of the fastest PC's around.
And, I can quickly and easily, AND cheaply, replace any part in it in just a few minutes. Just try that with a MAC.


Cheers Mate (I enjoyed reading your post)


TechnoMage
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #323
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 - 18363.657 XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
 
 

Apple is indeed only still here due to Microsoft,

Cast your mind back to the days, (Early 90s), when the DOJ were trying to split up Microsoft, at that time Steve Jobs had left Apple (forcibly), to follow his Next project (NeXt PC ) and Apple were struggling in the marketplace, and needing to develop a saleable OS.. Steve jobs was asked to come back by the Apple Board, he said yes and brought his new NeXt os with him. Apple were in serious troubles and needed capital to produce and fine tune their product range.

Steve jobs went to see his old College Friend Bill Gates who gave him the money he needed on the agreement that every new MAC would have a copy of Microsoft's Internet Explorer installed by default. This money saved Apple who Microsoft then cited as an obvious Competitor and the DOJ case fell apart.

The money was apparently $10 million or so, nothing to Bill Gates who allegedly at the time had $9 Billion in his personal account
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

3 Weeks Ago   #324
michael diemer

Windows 7 x64 SP1
 
 

Yeah, the Big Tech guys are smart, they know to get around the Byzantine Government Bureaucrats (BGB). I suspect gargle and farcebook will continue to get away with it too. Of well, what do I care, it stimulates the economy...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #325
LovelyFlipper

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Well, since I started this thread, I would like to finish it.
My original post was about how I loved Windows 7 and wanted to keep it FOREVER.
I still do. (snuggle, snuggle, snuggle)
I have looked forward to every other Windows OS since Windows 95.
I'm not a person that resists change. I love new technology.

I don't wear a tinfoil hat. I don't believe in conspiracy theories.
I do believe there are companies willing to sell my personal information or put it at risk for their own benefit.

Windows 10 should only be used by those that understand the risks involved and take the time to minimize those risks.
I no longer have any affection for Microsoft.

It was fun while it lasted Microsoft.
It's not me, it's you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #326
c1wffe

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LovelyFlipper View Post
Well, since I started this thread, I would like to finish it.
My original post was about how I loved Windows 7 and wanted to keep it FOREVER.
I still do. (snuggle, snuggle, snuggle)
I have looked forward to every other Windows OS since Windows 95.
I'm not a person that resists change. I love new technology.

I don't wear a tinfoil hat. I don't believe in conspiracy theories.
I do believe there are companies willing to sell my personal information or put it at risk for their own benefit.

Windows 10 should only be used by those that understand the risks involved and take the time to minimize those risks.
I no longer have any affection for Microsoft.

It was fun while it lasted Microsoft.
It's not me, it's you.
I have never been afraid to move on to new tech either. I started with a 8088 system with a 40 mb Hard drive running at the blazing speed of 4.77 MHz on DOS. Strange but I never ran out of room on that drive. It was fun. I don't wear a hat, tinfoil or otherwise, and I could care less about the theories as well.

I'm on my 11th computer since the good old days and running 7 pro. I have it just they way I want. It's not the new tech that will keep me on Win 7 it's that now in my late 70's I've grown lazy and comfortable with what I have. So on 7 I will stay until either my computer reaches it's EOL or I do. Besides my memory isn't that great any more and I know this system inside and out, at least I think I do. I just want to do what I do and not have to think about it or deal with updates. I have no need for new software as I am now a creature of habit.

Thanks for starting the thread. It's been an interesting read to say the least.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #327
Bree

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LovelyFlipper View Post
Well, since I started this thread, I would like to finish it.
I'm not sure that's possible, it seems to have gained a life of its own
Some strong feelings have been expressed, from both 'sides'. Me, I'm happy to use both W10 where it's appropriate and keep using W7 where it isn't. I draw the line at using W8 though!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
2 Weeks Ago   #328
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
Apple is indeed only still here due to Microsoft,

Cast your mind back to the days, (Early 90s), when the DOJ were trying to split up Microsoft, at that time Steve Jobs had left Apple (forcibly), to follow his Next project (NeXt PC ) and Apple were struggling in the marketplace, and needing to develop a saleable OS.. Steve jobs was asked to come back by the Apple Board, he said yes and brought his new NeXt os with him. Apple were in serious troubles and needed capital to produce and fine tune their product range.

Steve jobs went to see his old College Friend Bill Gates who gave him the money he needed on the agreement that every new MAC would have a copy of Microsoft's Internet Explorer installed by default. This money saved Apple who Microsoft then cited as an obvious Competitor and the DOJ case fell apart.

The money was apparently $10 million or so, nothing to Bill Gates who allegedly at the time had $9 Billion in his personal account

Reading you telling such story remembered me a TV serie I looked at two years ago on DVD:
Halt and Catch Fire (TV Series 2014–2017) - IMDb, enjoyed that. I was a teenager in the early 80's!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
2 Weeks Ago   #329
Struggling7

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bree View Post
..... Me, I'm happy to use both W10 where it's appropriate and keep using W7 where it isn't......
I feel same way, except the laptop I upgraded to win10 is buggy. Freezes every now and then, slows down usually at the worst times, sometimes boots up slow also usually at worst times and I find win10 user unfriendly compared to win7. So I often get aggravated and return to my win7 machine, to make computing enjoyable again. I’m mostly thankful the old win7 machine is not compatible with the win10 upgrade.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
2 Weeks Ago   #330
GoldenDog

Windows 7 Home 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bree View Post
...I draw the line at using W8 though!..
Finally someone has some sense

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Struggling7 View Post
I feel same way, except the laptop I upgraded to win10 is buggy. Freezes every now and then, slows down usually at the worst times, sometimes boots up slow also usually at worst times and I find win10 user unfriendly compared to win7. So I often get aggravated and return to my win7 machine, to make computing enjoyable again. I’m mostly thankful the old win7 machine is not compatible with the win10 upgrade.
sounds like you need a...SDD

FYI linux users Linux Neptune can be modifed to look and feel like MacOS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 I Want to Keep Windows 7 Forever




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows Updates Stuck at 0% Forever
I hijacked the thread title from another one that looked like it might be helpful, but of course it was not. In that topic, someone posted that 'KB3172605 is the new magic to get updates working again'. It seems to NOT be the magic touch for me... So far I've downloaded ...
Windows Updates & Activation
How to disable Magnifier on Windows Forever
You can just delete the .exe here: %windir%\system32\magnify.exe
Software
Windows Updates will run forever and svchost
Hello, I have a freshly installed (NOT YET ACTIVATED, i want to try it before buying) Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64. The first thing i noticed was, that there is a process "svchost" which takes 25% CPU load (That's 100% for the first core) and 1,4GB RAM. What can cause this? The other problem i...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 takes forever to shut down.
Hi guys, I need help i have windows 7 ultimate. There are two problems with it. 1. When i open media player to play files it plays, but when i try to close it doesnt gets closed. I always have to use taskmanager for closing. I Close it from there but still there is a task running...
BSOD Help and Support
Computer bar gone forever with windows 7?
well look at my old vista pic: http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2207/pulpm.jpg You can see a bar with "|COMPUTER", In windows 7 it's gone !!! :( how to add it back? Drag & Drop the computer icon on top doesn't do the work.. lol win 95, 98, millenium, NT, 2000, xp and vista have this and now they...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48.
Twitter Facebook