Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Explorer Previews all blank

08 Jan 2010   #11
nabilalk

Win 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by reghakr View Post
When you say "preview for mp3 files", are you referring to a graphic or the ability to make changes to the ID2 tags, such as Genre, Artist Album, Contributing Artist, etc?
I'm referring to the preview that is supposed to show up in the Explorer preview pane. My preview pane is completely blank (see screenshot), however, if I double-click on the blank area, the song is played in Windows Media Player. So there is a preview being detected, it is just blank. Likewise for Word docs, PDF's etc. If I double-click on the blank areas, the files open up in their default applications. Thanks for your help.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Jan 2010   #12
nabilalk

Win 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jfar View Post
Have you checked what Jacee told you about earlier?
Yes. Those options were already set as Jacee specified they should be.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #13
Dom

Windows Seven Ultimate
 
 

In the start menu search, type in "appearance and performance", then press enter.
Find the option in the screenshot below:
Attachment 46556
Make sure this is ticked.

Dom.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Jan 2010   #14
reghakr

Windows 7 Pro & Vista Home Premium
 
 

If you're referring to the picture on the left side, it depends what it's associated with and there must be a file named folder.jpg to give you the preview you want.

I usea program that gives the bitrate. That"s why you don't see a preview for my mp''s

Other than that, I don't know what you are referring to.


Attached Thumbnails
Windows Explorer Previews all blank-mp3.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #15
nabilalk

Win 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lil' Domii View Post
In the start menu search, type in "appearance and performance", then press enter.
Find the option in the screenshot below:
Attachment 46556
Make sure this is ticked.

Dom.
Dom, the attachment took me to a broken link. Could you post another screen or describe which option you are referencing?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #16
nabilalk

Win 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by reghakr View Post
If you're referring to the picture on the left side, it depends what it's associated with and there must be a file named folder.jpg to give you the preview you want.

I usea program that gives the bitrate. That"s why you don't see a preview for my mp''s

Other than that, I don't know what you are referring to.
I am referring to the preview pane on the right-hand side. As you will see from my screenshot, the Right-hand side is completely blank. However, if I double click on the blank area, the mp3 file or avi file, or pdf, doc, etc... open in their respective programs. However, I cannot scroll through PDFs, Docs, Txt documents etc... with the preview pane, and I used to be able to do so.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #17
reghakr

Windows 7 Pro & Vista Home Premium
 
 

Have you tried changing the view to medium icons?

Quote:
I cannot scroll through PDFs, Docs, Txt documents etc... with the preview pane, and I used to be able to do so
In what operating system?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #18
nabilalk

Win 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by reghakr View Post
Have you tried changing the view to medium icons?

Quote:
I cannot scroll through PDFs, Docs, Txt documents etc... with the preview pane, and I used to be able to do so
In what operating system?
Win 7 Pro x64. And yes, I just tried all views, including medium icons, and the preview pane is blank for every filetype except for pictures.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #19
Dom

Windows Seven Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nabilalk View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lil' Domii View Post
In the start menu search, type in "appearance and performance", then press enter.
Find the option in the screenshot below:
Attachment 46556
Make sure this is ticked.

Dom.
Dom, the attachment took me to a broken link. Could you post another screen or describe which option you are referencing?
That option was 'Show thumbnail previews'
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #20
reghakr

Windows 7 Pro & Vista Home Premium
 
 

Look over the attached screen shot. Is this what you are referring to?


Attached Thumbnails
Windows Explorer Previews all blank-folderpreview.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Explorer Previews all blank




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Blank Windows Explorer Pane
Hey guys. Lately, when I open up any folder, I get a blank pane (picture included.) Do you have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks, Justin
General Discussion
Incorrect cursor previews in Explorer
I have a weird problem, well it isn't really much of a problem as it doesn't bother me but it is rather weird... The screenshot explains it all; the cursor previews are all mixed up in the Explorer window. Any idea why?
General Discussion
Previews for icons are gone, windows explorer turns black when maximiz
When I set my icon view to large, the previews don't show. Medium does show them, and lists work fine. Not sure about other options. Also, when I open a folder from my desktop and maximize it, it turns completely black and all the stuff at the top disappears (the search, etc.). If I make it...
General Discussion
No PDF previews in Explorer
I recently reinstalled Windows, and my mum was using my computer to open a PDF file, but since I hadn't installed Adobe Reader yet, the file couldn't open, so she attempted to open it in Internet Explorer... So anyway, I installed Adobe Reader X, but the default program to open PDFs was still set...
General Discussion
Windows Explorer shows blank
Hello SevenForums, Ever since running some registery cleaner I have been having issues with my windows explorer. I never should have touched my registery with untrusted software in the first place.. I know most of you will probably suggest me to reinstall but I would prefer to just put the...
General Discussion
windows explorer is blank
Looked around and didn't see this mentioned anywhere, so I hope this isn't a previously posted topic. Whenever I try to open Explorer in normal mode, it opens, but there are no contents. When the mouse is moved over it, the "please wait" spinning circle comes up, like it's trying to access the...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App