Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Win 7 Saved Me :D

View Poll Results: Was it Win 7 That Saved Me?
I think/know it was. 3 37.50%
I wasnt, God saved me 3 37.50%
I have no idea 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

28 Nov 2009   #1
gamer8

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
Win 7 Saved Me :D

I was talking to my friends on Steam and i spilled root beer on my computer while i had the case open due to overheating from overclocking. I do not know if its because of win 7 but my computer shut down as soon as i spilled it, i turned it back on and its been working fine. Thank you Win 7!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Nov 2009   #2
veii

7 Ultimate 32Bit / Ubuntu 9.10 64Bit / 9.10 64Bit
 
 

This feature was my idea. I just told Microsoft and they incorporated it.

Seriously though I think your computer cut off due to heat at just the right moment!:)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #3
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gamer8 View Post
I was talking to my friends on Steam and i spilled root beer on my computer while i had the case open due to overheating from overclocking. I do not know if its because of win 7 but my computer shut down as soon as i spilled it, i turned it back on and its been working fine. Thank you Win 7!
Hi and welcome

Where exactly did it spill? was the root beer diet? the sugar in reg soda may still give you grief?

Kenn J++
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Nov 2009   #4
armyslowrdr

windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
 
 

Cool--I can't say whether 7 saved the bacon or not, but good deal that no harm's come to your machine.

Now what brand root-beer ya drink--?

I like em all--Barqs, Mug, A&W, Frostie, Dad's and IBC etc Very difficult to pick a favorite.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #5
gamer8

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by veii View Post
This feature was my idea. I just told Microsoft and they incorporated it.

Seriously though I think your computer cut off due to heat at just the right moment!:)
Cool Thx xD


Zigzag: No its not a diet XD i was just drinkign it, it spilled on the back of my PC and on the Power box , a few little drops got onto my vid card so i thought my card was finished. My 1st moniter shut off, so i was worried
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #6
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x3, Ubuntu
 
 

I was wondering who would be the first H.E.R.B.E.R.T Case on Sevenforums

The little known function of the win7 operating system ...

Home Emergency Root Beer Evasive Reset Technology

Was designed to cater for this surprisingly common happening

Microsoft really does think of everything

My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #7
gamer8

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by armyslowrdr View Post
Cool--I can't say whether 7 saved the bacon or not, but good deal that no harm's come to your machine.

Now what brand root-beer ya drink--?

I like em all--Barqs, Mug, A&W, Frostie, Dad's and IBC etc Very difficult to pick a favorite.

Just Store Brand xD
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #8
gamer8

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
I was wondering who would be the first H.E.R.B.E.R.T Case on Sevenforums

The little known function of the win7 operating system ...

Home Emergency Root Beer Evasive Reset Technology

Was designed to cater for this surprisingly common happening

Microsoft really does think of everything

LOL
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #9
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

How the heck would the OS have saved that.....
It is a HARDWARE issue, not software (unless you spilled beer in the HDDs!).

Seems you just got lucky. You may have temporarily shorted the PSU, which was not damaged. Very lucky.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #10
Zen00

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

You can clean off the video card with 97% isopropyl alcohol, if you remove it from all power sources first.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Win 7 Saved Me :D




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Can You Tell Me If I Have Saved My PC?
My Windows 7 has been put through the ringer. It looks like I might have saved it but I don't know Windows well enough to be certain. My questions to you: 1) Considering SFC and Disc Checks are completing without issue, is Windows back to its old self or do I need to do a clean install to have...
General Discussion
services saved to .reg ????
does anyone know how to save the services setup to a reg file so when/if I reinstall, I can just merge .reg file and good to go. Carmine
Performance & Maintenance
saved games are where please??
i need to do a re-install of win7 ULTIMATE 64 and want to get my saved game data before hand so i don't have to spend weeks replaying the same levels over and over. i've searched high and low and can't find where the following saved game data is, can someone help me out please? Modern Warfare...
Gaming
Overclock not being saved?
I just got my cpu fan installed today, so I tried overclocking with AMD Overdrive. I read somewhere that someone got a stable 3.8GHz overclock at 1.45 volts so I tried that. Then, I restarted and did I short test with OCCT, while doing that I opened coretemp to see the frequency of the cores....
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
The Day XP Mode Saved My A**!
I am more in love with Windows 7 than ever now having the experience I ahd over the weekend. I could run through the whole story, but I'll give you the shortened version. I'm a project manager by profession. Needless to say, I was out of the office with a major deadline on my hands. This is one...
Virtualization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51.
Twitter Facebook Google+