Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: hovering

03 Dec 2009   #31
jamieresearch

windows 7
 
 

Cool--glad you are having fun with it. Maybe this (Win 7) will quiet the Apple fanbois a bit?? On further thought--NOTHING could get them to temper their zealous love of all things-Apple, could it? LOL![/QUOTE]


Um, probably not. I don't think ANYTHING will. PITAs... LOL


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Dec 2009   #32
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x2 Windows 10 Enterprise x64, Ubuntu
 
 

One of the main reasons for the success of this site is that civilised debate is actively encouraged amongst the members.

So opinions are welcomed - As long as they are stated as such and not as fact, (not stating that any opinions here fall into that catagory )
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2009   #33
gregrocker

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jamieresearch View Post
Well, you're certainly entitled to it, as we all are.

But just FYI, I'm not one of the "guys," but one of the "ladies."

Sorry, I'm only a little tetchy when it comes to users disliking-without-trying Windows 7 genius features, which I think are what makes it the greatest invention since the computer.

Another one is SuperPrefetch which actually anticipates everything you normally do and cues it up for you. This can cause certain machines to run a little slower while it is initiating itself in the days after install. So some want to turn it off.

I realize this should not bother anyone, but it seems like something a person with a year's experience as beta tester should warn against, maybe not as passionately tho.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Dec 2009   #34
dave1812

Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jamieresearch View Post
Well, you're certainly entitled to it, as we all are.

But just FYI, I'm not one of the "guys," but one of the "ladies."

Sorry, I'm only a little tetchy when it comes to users disliking-without-trying Windows 7 genius features, which I think are what makes it the greatest invention since the computer.

Another one is SuperPrefetch which actually anticipates everything you normally do and cues it up for you. This can cause certain machines to run a little slower while it is initiating itself in the days after install. So some want to turn it off.

I realize this should not bother anyone, but it seems like something a person with a year's experience as beta tester should warn against, maybe not as passionately tho.
Didn't half the world's Windows users Beta test Win 7?? I had it running the day it was available, on several machines.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2009   #35
gregrocker

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
Didn't half the world's Windows users Beta test Win 7?? I had it running the day it was available, on several machines.
I think I read six million. That's many more times than Vista.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2009   #36
mustangfire

windows 7
 
 

Well, how about telling me how to turn it back on.
Some how i turned it off and i really liked that feature.
I guess i was some where i should have been and turned something off.

Any help would be great.
Thanks
Jody
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2009   #37
gregrocker

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mustangfire View Post
Well, how about telling me how to turn it back on.
Some how i turned it off and i really liked that feature.
I guess i was some where i should have been and turned something off.

Any help would be great.
Thanks
Jody
You want to turn back on the taskbar thumbnail previews?

Start here first: Start>right click Computer>Properties>Advanced System Settings>Performance Settings>Visual Effects tab> check Save taskbar thumbnail previews

Did you run a registry tweak given earlier? If so, return to the tutorial and rightclick>delete the D-Key disabling previews. Set a restore point first.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2009   #38
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x2 Windows 10 Enterprise x64, Ubuntu
 
 

If you check the link in my earlier post there is a download to reset the registry to defaults.

Download the Zip with the reg script to switch the feature off and there is also one to reset
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2009   #39
mustangfire

windows 7
 
 

thanks, i'll try it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2009   #40
mustangfire

windows 7
 
 

I tried resetting to "0" and did a restart, and still nothing. When i hover over the task bar items instead of showing a preview screen it shows text of whats open.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 hovering




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Hovering time over IE 10 thumbnails
Hi, I am able to open multiple IE pages and hover over them in the taskbar and the thumbnail pages will stay showing. I have a co-worker who tries the same thing, but his thumbnail pages disappear after 2 seconds. I tried googling the solution and tried 2 things in the registry but neither...
Browsers & Mail
Run shortcut when hovering over certain part of the desktop
I'm really particular about the way I use my desktop and what I would like to do is force the network flyout to appear when I hover over the right edge of my monitor. Normally this flyout appears when you click the network connections icon in the tray but I am looking for a way to bypass...
General Discussion
BSOD when hovering over IE10 on taks bar
When I hover over the minimised IE10 session if give me a BSOD. Nothing else is running/visible on the task bar. I would value any view or pointers. Thanks in advance.
BSOD Help and Support
Taskbar icons act like I'm hovering over them when I'm not
This started about a month or so ago. I don't remember changing or installing anything around that time, though. Basically, my taskbar icons don't behave correctly. After I click anywhere on the taskbar, the taskbar acts like I never remove my cursor from the taskbar. Like icons keep that 'glow'...
General Discussion
Hovering over desktop icons autoselects several of them
Hi, I've got a strange problem that I can't understand. For some reason that I haven't found out yet, I've been having several desktop icons selected at once lately. I don't think that the cause is hovering over them but I'm not sure. It acts like I've right clicked on the desktop and dragged the...
General Discussion
Getting rid of hovering window preview?
Y'know that preview that appears when you hover your mouse over an icon in your task bar? I'd like it to go away. Turning off Aero doesnt do it, so if some one knows how to do it, please let me know. I HATE that preview window!!!
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:33.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App