Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 left click battery tray icon

06 Dec 2009   #11
zone23

Windows 7 X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
... Power Options gives you two options:

Balanced
Power Saver
...
There are three power options as seen here:

Attachment 40585

Left clicking the power icon lets you choose between balanced and High Performance or Power Saver plans (depending on which one of these two has been last used). Balanced is always shown. You also get links to adjust screen brightness and power plan options.

Attachment 40584

Kari
I'm in no way calling you a lair but I do not have these options in 7, I had them in Vista. My 7 is a clean install with all drivers provided by Toshiba so maybe that makes a difference. I have exactly what I posted and I don't beleive their is anything wrong with my install.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Dec 2009   #12
beinghuman

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
... Power Options gives you two options:

Balanced
Power Saver
...
There are three power options as seen here:

Attachment 40585

Left clicking the power icon lets you choose between balanced and High Performance or Power Saver plans (depending on which one of these two has been last used). Balanced is always shown. You also get links to adjust screen brightness and power plan options.

Attachment 40584

Kari
I'm in no way calling you a lair but I do not have these options in 7, I had them in Vista. My 7 is a clean install with all drivers provided by Toshiba so maybe that makes a difference. I have exactly what I posted and I don't beleive their is anything wrong with my install.
I know you're not calling me a liar. Kari is the one that posted the screenshot. However, that is the functionality I'm missing and Kari seems to have it. Whatever kind of bug it is it seems that you have it as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2009   #13
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 

I honestly don't know what to say. I am not able to reproduce your issue. You could try to turn the power icon off (right click notification are, choose Properties), reboot and turn it on again.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Dec 2009   #14
zone23

Windows 7 X64
 
 

This is what I have on my Toshiba

Right Click



Left Click




Power Options

My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2009   #15
beinghuman

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
I honestly don't know what to say. I am not able to reproduce your issue. You could try to turn the power icon off (right click notification are, choose Properties), reboot and turn it on again.

Kari

Tried it a million times. Is there anyway I can uninstall the power tray app and reinstall it? It works with drivers and it's worth a shot. Though, I don't really know how to go about uninstall this feature.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2009   #16
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
This is what I have on my Toshiba
That is a right click menu (your upper image), not the left click.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2009   #17
zone23

Windows 7 X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
This is what I have on my Toshiba
That is a right click menu (your upper image), not the left click.

My bad its fixed now (I think).

I got it now see I'm not on that computer so?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2009   #18
beinghuman

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
This is what I have on my Toshiba
That is a right click menu (your upper image), not the left click.

My bad its fixed now (I think).

THAT'S IT! That's what I'm missing. Do you understand, now?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2009   #19
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 

We understand your issue, we just have no fix or solution to offer. I'll be back if I can find something.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2009   #20
beinghuman

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
 
 

I found the problem.

The problem was a program that I forgot to uninstall after my upgrade to Windows 7. The program taskbar shuffle was disrupting it.

So, there is the answer to all you googlers out there, just uninstall taskbar shuffle and all is new.

beinghuman
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 left click battery tray icon




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery..
Hello there, I have an one year-old ASUS K53S Laptop, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits, 6GB Ram and 500HDD. At the beginning, my battery lasted >3 hours in Balanced power mode (which is the one I alway use) and now due to regular use it last about 2 hours. Everything normal until here. About...
General Discussion
Changing from double left click to open files to a single left click
How do I change from a double left click to open files or Icons to a single left click?
Installation & Setup
How to restore missing tray icon? Windows 7 Tray Icons Changer
:cry: hi. im new here. i need help with Windows 7 Tray Icons Changer. maybe i screwed up or something just went wrong and now i cant restore and no audio and network icon display on tray. its display "could not find file 'C:\Windows\system32\SndVolSSo.dll'" and this... Image "captured.png"...
Software
Laptop keyboard mouse:right click and left click functions reversal
Hi, I am after some help. My laptop has decided to reverse the right click and left click functions, ie: if I left click it now does not select but instead brings up a menu (which the right click button should and used to do!) I've tried holding down both buttons (as suggested by a friend) by this...
Hardware & Devices
Left click brings up right click context menu on desktop
For the last few weeks whenever I left click on the desktop it brings the right click menu. This dosen't happen in the browser (firefox), but only in the windows desktop and start menu. However i the browser if I am on a web player like youtube, the portion that displays the video fails to display...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App