Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ALT + TAB Reverts to Windows XP Style

30 Dec 2009   #11
MitchellEve

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jav View Post
I think you mean Windows button + Tab.
Just try it. (windows button + Tab)


Quote:
In a previous thread someone stated that if you watch a lot of flash videos it will cause this issue.
Probably myth..
yes, that does the 3D effect I know about that one. I know the difference between 3D effects and 2D. Sorry if that was directed towards someone else.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 Dec 2009   #12
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Check these options its from Shawn's tutorial for ALT + TAB

Aero Requirements to be Enabled in Windows 7:
NOTE: If Aero is not enabled, then Switch Between Windows - Flip 3D - will not work.
  • 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor
  • 1 GB of system memory
  • A graphics card with support for DirectX 9 graphics with at least 128 MB of memory.
  • The graphics card must support Pixel Shader 2.0 and the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM).
  • You must be have True Color (32 bit) set instead of High Color (16 bit).
  • The desktop composition and Animate controls and elements inside windows options enabled in Visual Effects.
  • Themes Service must be set to Started and Automatic
Check the Tutorial for more info https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2694-switch-between-windows-flip-3d-shortcut.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #13
jav

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1
 
 

Right click Computer --> Properties
on right side ---> Advanced settings
on Advanced Section --> Perfomace ---> Settings
Choose "Let Windows Decide" (If this will not help choose "Adjust for best Apearence")
Press ok-->ok and ok

And now try both.
Alt+TAB
Win button+TAB

Hope this will work

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MitchellEve View Post

yes, that does the 3D effect I know about that one. I know the difference between 3D effects and 2D. Sorry if that was directed towards someone else.
ok, it was just to make sure.
Sorry if I offended you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Dec 2009   #14
MitchellEve

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jav View Post
I think you mean Windows button + Tab.
Just try it. (windows button + Tab)

Quote:
In a previous thread someone stated that if you watch a lot of flash videos it will cause this issue.
Probably myth..
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Check these options its from Shawn's tutorial for ALT + TAB

Aero Requirements to be Enabled in Windows 7:
NOTE: If Aero is not enabled, then Switch Between Windows - Flip 3D - will not work.
  • 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor
  • 1 GB of system memory
  • A graphics card with support for DirectX 9 graphics with at least 128 MB of memory.
  • The graphics card must support Pixel Shader 2.0 and the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM).
  • You must be have True Color (32 bit) set instead of High Color (16 bit).
  • The desktop composition and Animate controls and elements inside windows options enabled in Visual Effects.
  • Themes Service must be set to Started and Automatic
Check the Tutorial for more info https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2694-switch-between-windows-flip-3d-shortcut.html
I'm not trying to get the Windows + Tab one working I'm trying to get the standard ALT + Tab....

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jav View Post
Right click Computer --> Properties
on right side ---> Advanced settings
on Advanced Section --> Perfomace ---> Settings
Choose "Let Windows Decide" (If this will not help choose "Adjust for best Apearence")
Press ok-->ok and ok

And now try both.
Alt+TAB
Win button+TAB

Hope this will work

nope but thanks..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #15
jav

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1
 
 

So,
Does 3d Flip work? (win button+TAB)

I am asking this because if it's working it will explain that ALT+TAB problem is most probably not caused by Aero or other visual settings and compatibility.
Don't get offended.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #16
MitchellEve

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Windows + TAB
Windows LOGO + TAB
Win + TAB

however you want to say it, this combination does the 3D flip.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #17
Nikolay

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Windows XP Pro x86 | Windows Vista Ultimate x86
 
 

What video card do you have?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #18
MitchellEve

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jav View Post
So,
Does 3d Flip work? (win button+TAB)

I am asking this because if it's working it will explain that ALT+TAB problem is most probably not caused by Aero or other visual settings and compatibility.
Don't get offended.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nikolay View Post
What video card do you have?
lets rule out Windows + Tab...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #19
Nikolay

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Windows XP Pro x86 | Windows Vista Ultimate x86
 
 

Try this: press alt + tab, now press the right alt key while still holding the left alt key. The alt + tab menu will go away. Release the right alt key but keep holding the left alt key and press tab. This would normally turn the alt + tab menu into classic but seeing as it's already classic, it might revert it back to aero.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #20
MitchellEve

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

didn't work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ALT + TAB Reverts to Windows XP Style




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 upgrade reverts back to Windows 7 Home Premium (previous OS
Hello everyone, I've been stuck on trying to upgrade to Windows 10. I am currently using a OEM Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, HP Pavilion dv6 laptop. Problem started when I notified Microsoft that I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10. I upgraded with my wife's laptop first. She also has the same...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows reverts back to default setting
It seems that Windows has a mind of its own. There are two things I change on Windows but in a few days it goes back to the default settings. I do not like any system sound on my computer. It annoys me whenever I click on something I get the "beep". So I go into settings and change it to "NO...
Customization
Windows automatically reverts user type to 'Standard'
I've been running my laptop without a logon password for the last couple years, as it was mostly a home computer. However, I recently entered a situation where a logon password is needed, to keep at least the slightly computer illiterate from accessing my computer. I've set passwords before (easy...
System Security
'Snapshoting' windows 7 so any reboot reverts to last image?
I have a windows server that runs a program called SageTv and acts as my VM Server. I have the server exactly the way I want it. In a perfect world I want this server to act as an appliance and never change. I have imaged it with Acronis and can revert back if needed. But I was ...
Backup and Restore
Windows 7 reverts to WinVista Boot Screen
Hi, I just went through a lot of trouble to get Windows XP, Windows 7 and Grub2 (for all my Linux distros) working together. In order to do so, I followed this post on the Ubuntu forums. The part that concerns Windows 7 is Step 2. I ran all the commands and was able to get all of the OSes working...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App