Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: I removed U3 from FD, but it has old name still?

19 Jan 2010   #21
JohnnyScience

Windows 7 64 & Ubuntu 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tepid View Post
Right click and Run it as an admin
I dont see an option to run it as admin when I right click?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 Jan 2010   #22
JohnnyScience

Windows 7 64 & Ubuntu 64
 
 

Anyone else have anything I can try?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jan 2010   #23
computersplus

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

in regedit search for the old name of the drive and delete the stored name
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Jan 2010   #24
computersplus

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

for anyone else the U3 removal tool is on this page midway down

Bring the power of portable software to your USB flash drive - make it a U3 smart drive!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2010   #25
JohnnyScience

Windows 7 64 & Ubuntu 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by computersplus View Post
in regedit search for the old name of the drive and delete the stored name
Any idea where to look inside of regeidt?

There's so many folders & subfolders I get lost, let alone know where to find it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2010   #26
computersplus

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Hkey_local_machine....software......microsoft...... Windows portable devices.....devices
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2010   #27
JohnnyScience

Windows 7 64 & Ubuntu 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by computersplus View Post
Hkey_local_machine....software......microsoft...... Windows portable devices.....devices
Ok got there and found all this...

Now what?


Attached Thumbnails
I removed U3 from FD, but it has old name still?-untitled.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2010   #28
computersplus

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

I can't see the whole map there but there should be an entry for the previous name of the drive have a close look....I'm just not sure with what changes you've already tried may have affected the drive labels but basically you can delete all of those if you like reboot and reconnect devices
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #29
JohnnyScience

Windows 7 64 & Ubuntu 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by computersplus View Post
I can't see the whole map there but there should be an entry for the previous name of the drive have a close look....I'm just not sure with what changes you've already tried may have affected the drive labels but basically you can delete all of those if you like reboot and reconnect devices
So if I delete everything under that folder, I will just have to unplug & re-plug all usb cables? I wont have to reinstall software or drivers?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2010   #30
JohnnyScience

Windows 7 64 & Ubuntu 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnyScience View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by computersplus View Post
I can't see the whole map there but there should be an entry for the previous name of the drive have a close look....I'm just not sure with what changes you've already tried may have affected the drive labels but basically you can delete all of those if you like reboot and reconnect devices
So if I delete everything under that folder, I will just have to unplug & re-plug all usb cables? I wont have to reinstall software or drivers?
bump
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 I removed U3 from FD, but it has old name still?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Login name removed after ransom virus removed
Please help! After a ransom virus was removed from our desktop computer (originally a display model at Sam's), my administrator account is no longer visible...Only "Kiosk" and "Other User" . I have checked to see that net user administrator /active yes is successful but still do not see my user...
General Discussion
USB cannot be removed
Hi everyone, I got this problem recently. I try to remove the USB drive, but when I click on the icon on the tray, nothing shows up. So, I try to open device and printers, it loads for a long time, until now, it is not loaded yet. I also try to run "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App