Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: My Issues with Windows 7

03 Feb 2010   #61
BunBun

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Merlin2000 View Post
It's good to be able to see both sides of the story.
Exactly.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Feb 2010   #62
RST101

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Merlin2000 View Post
Quote:
I will reply to the rest later... busy day today.
- It's probably not really worth it. There are too many people here that no matter what you say, simply won't be able to take criticism about Win 7.

Quote:
Whew, I said a lot... I'll add some more later...
- Damn zzz2496, that was a long post! I think you've said enough! lol.. if people still can't understand why all this stuff holds true, there really isn't anything else you can say that they will understand.

This is a really interesting thread, a lot of the problem I was actually going to complain about, were brought up in here. I hope that even with all the disagreement, this thread will still stay open.

It's good to be able to see both sides of the story.

You two obviously have issues that the rest of us don't.

Wasn't it Phil Collins who sang both sides of the story?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2010   #63
zzz2496

Windows7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RST101 View Post
One thing to keep in mind though people is if you go back to the days when XP was of sevens' age(new) then you will see xp was in quite a bad way and was no where near as complete as what seven is. It took a service pack to straighten it out. People were reluctant to make the switch from 2000 to xp.

Windows seven is still very very young and when you consider all that is to be considered then you will find its far more advanced, funtional and stable than any os this early in life..

Cheers....
I got XP from the very first, right after Beta, and it was OK, just like Windows 2000 before it. I don't see the "bad" you mentioned... At that time I was taking the "Installing, Configuring, and Administering Windows Client XP Pro class".

zzz2496
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Feb 2010   #64
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Doesn't this depend on your PC? If you own a printer Windows 95 loved to work with, then obviously 7 most likely isn't for you. If, like I did, you are about to build a PC solely for gaming, then 7 is perfect.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2010   #65
zzz2496

Windows7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Doesn't this depend on your PC? If you own a printer Windows 95 loved to work with, then obviously 7 most likely isn't for you. If, like I did, you are about to build a PC solely for gaming, then 7 is perfect.
Pardon me?

No one is saying about hardware compatibility... So I don't understand this post...

zzz2496
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2010   #66
BunBun

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zzz2496 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Doesn't this depend on your PC? If you own a printer Windows 95 loved to work with, then obviously 7 most likely isn't for you. If, like I did, you are about to build a PC solely for gaming, then 7 is perfect.
Pardon me?

No one is saying about hardware compatibility... So I don't understand this post...

zzz2496
Exactly...

I repeat. No where have I (or anyone in this thread) has stated that overall XP is superior to XP and should not use Windows 7. This is not the case. I simply beleive it is not perfect and does not deserve all the praise it has been getting.

I still like Windows 7 and if I didn't "want" to make the switch do you think I would have gone through all the trouble that I have?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2010   #67
Tepid

Win 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Ok,, well,, some of us praise 7 simply because,

yes, there are some faults and issues, but they really are minor issues.
I don't have any problems playing any games, or using any software. It's perfect.

And a far cry from XP and Vista. So, 7 does in fact, "In My Opinion", deserve every bit of praise that it gets.
It is a very stable, solid, system that is quite polished out of the gate, that still needs some tweaking with service packs and updates, but that should be a given. Over all, for an initial Release of an OS? Very solid.

However, yes, it is a polished and updated version of Vista. There is no telling that this could have been done with a service pack, but still. Very worth the upgrade from XP or Vista to 7. And deserves the praise it gets.

In My Opinion.

But then there are facts, which I won't go into.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2010   #68
pasquanel

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

I've been on board since 3.1 I thought 95 was great! Then 98...wow and 98 SE wow even better!! Then ME ouch!! Not so good!! Then came XP turned out to be very solid but time begets familiarity and on to Vista! To me this was a none event it worked fine, it accepted all my hardware but it was so painfully huge!! Now Win 7 -64 bit has taken a little getting used to but this in MHO is the very best yet! More built in features than I could number and so far rock solid!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2010   #69
patio

Vista Ultimate X64/ Windows 7 Dual-boot
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pasquanel View Post
I've been on board since 3.1 I thought 95 was great! Then 98...wow and 98 SE wow even better!! Then ME ouch!! Not so good!! Then came XP turned out to be very solid but time begets familiarity and on to Vista! To me this was a none event it worked fine, it accepted all my hardware but it was so painfully huge!! Now Win 7 -64 bit has taken a little getting used to but this in MHO is the very best yet! More built in features than I could number and so far rock solid!

Perspective is valable here...
I also started with 3.1 Windows. I was started with DOS. I judge an OS on many factors but most important would be stability.
The 3 best releases from Redmond to me in that regard would be Windows for Workgroups...Win2K ... and now Win7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2010   #70
BunBun

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tepid View Post
Ok,, well,, some of us praise 7 simply because,

yes, there are some faults and issues, but they really are minor issues.
I don't have any problems playing any games, or using any software. It's perfect.

And a far cry from XP and Vista. So, 7 does in fact, "In My Opinion", deserve every bit of praise that it gets.
It is a very stable, solid, system that is quite polished out of the gate, that still needs some tweaking with service packs and updates, but that should be a given. Over all, for an initial Release of an OS? Very solid.

However, yes, it is a polished and updated version of Vista. There is no telling that this could have been done with a service pack, but still. Very worth the upgrade from XP or Vista to 7. And deserves the praise it gets.

In My Opinion.

But then there are facts, which I won't go into.
I found XP very stable and solid and never had any issues with it and it performed better in every way over 98se. Vista I also found fine other then it was a big bloated mess and I need to upgrade to at least 4gb of ram in order for it to be useable for me. Windows 7 is great in many ways but I personally hate the UI and find the lack of options a big step backwards.

I have also been with this since Windows 3.1. I kinda miss my 486DX33...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 My Issues with Windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Recording issues with recorders (fraps hypercam etc) sound issues
Hey guys, ive lately been making lets play and walkthroughs on youtube and im having a couple of problems. With my headset, in the background while recording thats like a static noise and i cant seem to make it go away, ive tried multiple recording programs like fraps and hypercam but its still...
Gaming
Win 7 Upgrade-MANY issues!! Search, screen flashing, Outlook issues..
I have recently upgraded from XP to Win 7 and I have encountered so my problems I've lost count... However, I work from home and I need to get these issues worked out NOW... So, I am DESPERATE for answers... 1. Main problem: I have done a full system index 273,852 files and 2 days later...
General Discussion
Windows 7 - Genuine Issues Leading to Unable to Update/Install Windows
Hi, I am a tech idiot and I need help. I appreciate anything anyone can do. For several months I have been getting messages that our windows may not be genuine. It came installed on our Dell and we bought directly from Dell so I basically ignored it. Recently we got a message that it is not...
Windows Updates & Activation
Dhcp issues and network connectivity issues since windows 7 x64 sp1
I reformatted my computer because after installing service pack 1 and other updates from Feb 14th my computer has been having issues getting a dhcp from my router. I have a windows 7 home premium 32 bit laptop that works just fine. I also have a ubuntu machine that pulls an address from this...
Network & Sharing
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit issues with desktop freezing/ other issues
Hi all, Going to try and make this brief, "try" being the operative word here.. I have a Gateway PC running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit 4 gigs of ram but obviously not all useable (yet) Dual core processor Nvidia 9800GT graphics Card Corsair 650 watt PSU HT Omega Striker 7.1 Souncard..
General Discussion
Fix Windows Live Photo Gallery Issues on Windows 7, Vista and XP
Fix Windows Live Photo Gallery Issues on Windows 7, Vista and XP - Softpedia
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:06.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App