Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 7068 bugs!

30 Mar 2009   #61
Colonel Travis

Black Label 7 x64
 
 

7068 has been a total crapfest for me. Lots of bugs and crashes. I've used every 7 build (clean installs) and loved them. No hardware problems, I've added 7068 to a laptop and a desktop (twice each), and they are relatively new machines. Same buggy results every time.

Something ain't right - is there a good 7068 and a bad 7068 out there in cyber land?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 Mar 2009   #62
Fizban

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Colonel Travis View Post
7068 has been a total crapfest for me. Lots of bugs and crashes. I've used every 7 build (clean installs) and loved them. No hardware problems, I've added 7068 to a laptop and a desktop (twice each), and they are relatively new machines. Same buggy results every time.

Something ain't right - is there a good 7068 and a bad 7068 out there in cyber land?
If so I must have the good one. No issue here. Is your copy x86 or x64?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2009   #63
Colonel Travis

Black Label 7 x64
 
 

x86

It's gotta be something on my end, not paying attention to all the software reloading. Just trying to start with the most broad and probable area (me, idiot) and narrow it down to whatever the cause is.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Mar 2009   #64
copernicus

7264x64/7260x86
 
 

I haven't had any issues at all with 7068 on my netbook. Runs like butter on a south beach summer day glimmering on the buttocks of a supermodel sunbathing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2009   #65
Chris34

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Still Ill View Post
Action Center reported problem with AVG 8.5 on 7068 x64. This was not an issue with the builds 7000, 7048 and 7057.

Didn't manage to install Protector Suite for Windows 7 Beta from UPEQ to manage my fingerprint scanner on this build either.

I am now back with on 7057, which I find to be the best build so far in bug terms.
It's not a W7 error, but more a software compatibility issue. Antivirus that were compatible with the build 7000 does not seem to be compatible with the new builds anymore.

I got the same problem report here with Kaspersky antivirus 2009 and it's not a bad thing as KAV 2009 kept BOSD the build 7057. I installed it on the build 7068 to try and it ran "ok" for a day. Some install setup and other small packed .exe would take a long to very long time to load, as with the previous builds (7000/7048/7057), and KAV BOSD'ed with the build 7068 after doing a nomal operation like opening a drive through explorer just like it did with the build 7057. Kept it until a second BSOD and replaced it with a trial version of NOD32 Antivirus v4 which is supposed be compatible with W7 regarding their website. Hopefully AV makers will come with an update when the official RC will be released.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2009   #66
Orbital Shark

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chris34 View Post
It's not a W7 error, but more a software compatibility issue. Antivirus that were compatible with the build 7000 does not seem to be compatible with the new builds anymore.

I got the same problem report here with Kaspersky antivirus 2009 and it's not a bad thing as KAV 2009 kept BOSD the build 7057. I installed it on the build 7068 to try and it ran "ok" for a day. Some install setup and other small packed .exe would take a long to very long time to load, as with the previous builds (7000/7048/7057), and KAV BOSD'ed with the build 7068 after doing a nomal operation like opening a drive through explorer just like it did with the build 7057. Kept it until a second BSOD and replaced it with a trial version of NOD32 Antivirus v4 which is supposed be compatible with W7 regarding their website. Hopefully AV makers will come with an update when the official RC will be released.
Why not try Avast!? It's been running sweet on my laptop, Norton has caused far too many issues over the last couple of months.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2009   #67
napilopez

Windows 7 Build 7077 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Colonel Travis View Post
x86

It's gotta be something on my end, not paying attention to all the software reloading. Just trying to start with the most broad and probable area (me, idiot) and narrow it down to whatever the cause is.
Almost all of the complaints I've heard about 7068 come from x86. Hmm. I think someone mentioned there beign two isos for x86 7068, so that might have something to do with it. My x64 build has been amazingly quick and overall perfect :P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2009   #68
RST101

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wguimb View Post
I second that commotion. Norton and McAfee are bloatware. KISS, keep it simple stupid
Norton gaming AV is actually very good. It has a really small footprint and scans quickly. Norton has always been renowned for being heavy and clumsy but gaming edition is really refreshing. I was using it but have switched back to Avira free edition which I think is absolutely marvellous in all respects. In my opinion no other av comes close.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2009   #69
RST101

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
I haven't had any issues at all with 7068 on my netbook. Runs like butter on a south beach summer day glimmering on the buttocks of a supermodel sunbathing.
Steady on there young man.

7068 x64 has given me no problems whatsoever and cant think of a better description than the one you gave it dear copernicus. Brilliant work by ms. I would quite happily buy this of them right now. And from what I can gather the newer builds that are not yet leaked/released have focused on giving better response/speed to the end user. I really think apple are really going to feel this when it is released to the public. I love windows 7 ultimate!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2009   #70
jimbo45

Linux CENTOS 7 / various Windows OS'es and servers
 
 

I had problems on a Notebook with the Intel 965 chipset. Screen Freezing randomly and WEI broken (X-64 build)

After a Clean install I did an "Upgrade" without actually adding any applications to the default "Windows" package. Sounds crazy but it worked.

For some reason this seemed to flush out all the Bugs I had including WEI crashes and screen freezing.

The only major problem now (since solved -- and had it in XP, and Vista) is that on some notebooks I can't type any input without the cursor randomly jumping all over the place and making the input look like garbage.

Fixed now by downloading the generic synaptics driver and switching off or disabling the touchpad. There's a 64 bit driver on the synaptics site - the generic one will work for almost any laptop.

(I hate touchpads anyway -- you can get nice tiny lazer wireless mice these days which even work OK on a plane without disturbing the passenger in the next seat).

cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 7068 bugs!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Opera 11.60 bugs
I know this build has a few fundamental innovations, many of which are for the inbuilt eMail client, however there's also some odd behaviour too... and I suspect it's down to the new HTML5 parser called Ragnarök... The screenshot shows me trying to bookmark a domains home page, but since I...
Browsers & Mail
Bed Bugs
I was somewhat annoyed when the apt. management slipped a notice under everyone's door, that they were going to have an exterminator doing bed bug inspections in a few days. However, after doing some reading on the subject, it appears that it is the wise thing to do. Battling The Bedbug...
Chillout Room
many bugs with IE (8,9) on FaceBook
Hello everyone, i have a little question about a bugs on Facebook with Internet Explorer 9 and 8. the problem solve when the Compatibility mode working but not always its solve. and anytime its write me so: IE find a problem and need to refresh the page.. and start to use a compatibility mode....
Browsers & Mail
UI Bugs
So, I found some bugs in the UI. Now where do I report them?? Tried emailing the Windows 7 Blog, but got no response. 1. No focused application on the taskbar, but active in the titlebar So you have an open window (any window, like explorer or application). Now you right click on its taskbar...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App