Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Win 7 expired, validation required & possible Conficker contamination

01 Apr 2009   #11
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Is that effective as a physical change?
I doubt it, unless the port is bad...

~Lordbob


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Apr 2009   #12
Chappy

Vista Ult 64bit - Windows 7 Ult 7264 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
I doubt it, unless the port is bad...

~Lordbob
Exactly, since all the Sata connectors are all controlled by the same southbridge chip and therefore it really doesn't matter which one you're plugged into.

The first thing I have to ask the OP is...Did you activate it at all? That's something never mentioned by the OP and if it's asking to be activated, I would say the answer is No.
Do you have a Beta key?
Did you activate it and it's now showing not activated?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2009   #13
Sam

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

It's possible one solution, I feel the best and simplest.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Apr 2009   #14
Chappy

Vista Ult 64bit - Windows 7 Ult 7264 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It's possible one solution, I feel the best and simplest.
But what does this have to do with Windows Activation?
Why are we talking changing Sata ports, most likely the only option this poster has to him ATM is to clean install and Activate the OS immediately with a Beta key. If they don't have one, they aren't hard to find, any P2P site will have tons.
Once the OS shuts down after the 30 days are up, it's pretty much useless as all it will allow the user to do is access the Internet and ONLY to MS activation site.
If there is any possibility that Conflckor may also be present, then a clean install is the way to go.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2009   #15
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
But what does this have to do with Windows Activation?
Why are we talking changing Sata ports, most likely the only option this poster has to him ATM is to clean install and Activate the OS immediately with a Beta key. If they don't have one, they aren't hard to find, any P2P site will have tons.
Once the OS shuts down after the 30 days are up, it's pretty much useless as all it will allow the user to do is access the Internet and ONLY to MS activation site.
If there is any possibility that Conflckor may also be present, then a clean install is the way to go.
Agreed.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2009   #16
Sam

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Yeah, he should of activated ASAP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2009   #17
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Yeah, he should of activated ASAP.
That depends on the buiild since that was never mentioned. If that's the 7000 build 32 or 64bit you may want a look at the 7000 64bit Ultimate install here that never saw activation and still boots right up! The later builds on the other hand show the "Windows must be activated in 3 days" message when installing.



Well soon enough the January installation seen in the image there will no longer be unactivated once the connection type is updated with a different ISP with 64bit support("yes finally!" ).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2009   #18
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
That depends on the buiild since that was never mentioned. If that's the 7000 build 32 or 64bit you may want a look at the 7000 64bit Ultimate install here that never saw activation and still boots right up! The later builds on the other hand show the "Windows must be activated in 3 days" message when installing.



Well soon enough the January installation seen in the image there will no longer be unactivated once the connection type is updated with a different ISP with 64bit support("yes finally!" ).
No....... It will need to be activiated within 30 days, just like every other copy of Windows...

I only know of 7000, but that one needs it within 3 days.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2009   #19
Sam

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Well does Bkindtoall have the Conficker, since he didn't activate Windows he wouldn't of received the patch. Therefore making him a prime target of the worm. So is he in a double bind now that he can't visit the MS website to activate Windows.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2009   #20
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
No....... It will need to be activiated within 30 days, just like every other copy of Windows...

I only know of 7000, but that one needs it within 3 days.

~Lordbob
The screen you see above is from the January installation still on and running 3 months later without activation. I'm presently waiting to see it actually reach that part when I can finally get online with any 64bit OS to start with by changing the ISP here.

Why no prompting is seen is curious but remembering this was still a public beta in the earlier stage there unlike the newer builds leaked out seeing the expected requirement. It suggests MS wasn't pushing activation since the 7000s have an internal expiration date built in while the information also seen shows you can only activate 7000s some 5 times if you have to reinstall or install on other test machines.

It's a good one alright! I think someone thought up an April Fools gag months back to still see it running.

The 32bit 7000 was activated and still running without any problem seen while the other 7000s tried out Home Premium, Business can't be activated from the start.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Win 7 expired, validation required & possible Conficker contamination




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
need a fresh install and avoid any w10 contamination,how can i do it?
Hi i need to do a windows 7 sp1 64bit fresh install and i want to avoid any windows 10 upgrade installation or notifications i will do the installation without internet ,so i can avoid not wanted update but after what have i to hide to avoid any windows 10 upgrades ? in some cases...
Installation & Setup
downloading antivirus without contamination
I am resuscitating an older laptop (windows xp). It has no antivirus software. Without protection on the Internet, Avast and similar software are buried by other websites advertising various commodities, which overpower the proper downloads. I have downloaded Avast in my own PC to a flash drive...
System Security
Document Expired
Often, I get a message "Document Expired", even if I've only been on line for a few minutes. Is it a Windows problem or a Firefox problem?
General Discussion
Administrator expired
(Sorry for my bad english) (I am on a normal user account) I have now searched 3 weeks for the solution on how to get in my administrator account password that has expired.. but i did not find anything that helps me.. Its annoying to have a problem no one has a solution for. The first things...
General Discussion
where can i download it if my URL expired?
I bought the digital copy of windows 7 not long after it came out, i got the 32 bit version, but now im interested in changing to the 64 bit (mostly for more ram) my question is, am i allowed to do this, since i bought 32 bit am i stuck with that? or cna i change over to 64 bit on the same...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:28.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App