Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: screen shifted?

21 Feb 2010   #1
colgate

Windows Seven
 
 
screen shifted?

k so everything was fine, till now...my cousin clicked the "auto adjust" button on my moniotor and everything shifted to the left...got about 3" black bar on the right side and desktop shifted to left...anyknow know how to fix this?

screen resoultion: 1680x1050 21"


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Feb 2010   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by colgate View Post
k so everything was fine, till now...my cousin clicked the "auto adjust" button on my moniotor and everything shifted to the left...got about 3" black bar on the right side and desktop shifted to left...anyknow know how to fix this?

screen resoultion: 1680x1050 21"
Read the manual for how to adjust it


Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2010   #3
zap

Windows 7
 
 

See if you can adjust the monitor manually. Before you do, shut the computer down > turn the monitor off and then back on, and then restart the computer. Try right clicking in a blank area of the monitor > select Properties and then click on the Settings tab. Slice the slider to different resolutions and see if this helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Feb 2010   #4
colgate

Windows Seven
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by colgate View Post
k so everything was fine, till now...my cousin clicked the "auto adjust" button on my moniotor and everything shifted to the left...got about 3" black bar on the right side and desktop shifted to left...anyknow know how to fix this?

screen resoultion: 1680x1050 21"
Read the manual for how to adjust it




Ken
didnt came with a manual, only quick start...which only had the monitor specs

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zap View Post
See if you can adjust the monitor manually. Before you do, shut the computer down > turn the monitor off and then back on, and then restart the computer. Try right clicking in a blank area of the monitor > select Properties and then click on the Settings tab. Slice the slider to different resolutions and see if this helps.
i tried a differnt resoultion, but they are toooooo blury, cant hardly read a thing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2010   #5
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Go to the personalization section of control panel and adjust the resolution back to native.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2010   #6
colgate

Windows Seven
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Go to the personalization section of control panel and adjust the resolution back to native.
tried. nothing happend still got a thick 3" at the right side...when i try to print screen it shows the whole desktop no black bar.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2010   #7
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Auto-adjust it again, if that doesn't do it, go into the control panel for your graphics card and force it there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2010   #8
colgate

Windows Seven
 
 

THANKS! fixed my problem

solution: while setting it to 1680x1050 i press the "Auto" button
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2010   #9
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by colgate View Post
THANKS! fixed my problem

solution: while setting it to 1680x1050 i press the "Auto" button
Click the exclamation mark on a post and mark the thread as solved. Enjoy 7!.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 screen shifted?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Icons are shifted at power op
I keep finding my icons shifted every time i power up. Two weeks ago I changed my drive to an SSD and had a clean Windows install. Everything works fine, but I find my desktop icons shifted at almost every power up. Is there a fix for this? Thanks, Dual Trace
General Discussion
Desktop shifted left and cutoff on left side Win7 64bit Raedon HD 46xx
Hello, I have a strange problem. I recently had to move my graphics card from one slot to another on my motherboard. When I did so, my desktop appeared to be shifted over to the left and that the left most part of the desktop would not display. I tried to use my TV controls to shift the...
Hardware & Devices
Overdubbing - 2nd recording sounds "phase shifted"
On my old Xp, using a cheapy microphone (plugged into sound card), I successfully overdubbed one guitar part onto another with no perceived loss in quality. I had a SB card and used "record what u hear" which I assumed took it directly from the card BEFORE it hit the speaker (i.e. it's recording...
Sound & Audio
Diablo 2 is shifted to the left side of my screen
For some reason diablo 2 is shifted to the left side of my screen and is partly cut off and there is a black strip on the right side please help!
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App